Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope the mongrel that is Tostee or Eric Thomas or whatever he next changes his name to goes down for a very long time. He can dress differently, dramatically change his appearance by piling on weight, appear remorseful and plead all he likes but I hope the judge throws the book at him and looks back on all the other peculiarities when making their decision.

I worked in the same building as Rrie - she worked at Kiwibank in Wellington - and I knew her in passing. I didn't get to know her as a person, unfortunately, but she seemed like a lovely person - a real 'life of the party' sort with no bad bones in her body. I used to see her in the lift quite a bit; she'd always greet me with a big smile and I would reciprocate; we'd chat about the weather and make small talk - she seemed like such a ray of sunshine. I feel very sad for her family and friends having to listen to what happened that night.

Not lost at all. This place and this discussion was linked elsewhere, and I thought I owed it to you to do what I can to get you to open both eyes and address evidence, and nothing else. Maybe I have it wrong. Is this a place where the only cases which can be rationally discussed are those where the deceased is female?

this particular forum is exactly that, and I wonder if you can guess why? .. I 'll give you a hint, it's because the victim, IN THIS CASE, R v TOSTEE, is female!!.. I know, I know, you are surprised, I know that, but I can guarantee that is correct. Her name was Warriena, a young woman from NZ.... ..

She was in a foreign country in a strange city, she met a guy she knew nothing about, was in a strange apartment, was completely messed up on moonshine, could not find any depth in the guy and just wanted a safe landing pad ie. her room, and he locked her in a confined space when she probably couldn't see properly. So she flipped out, and the bottom line is that he completely failed in his duty of care, and ran away. And to top it off he was recording her to share with other completely shallow guys to compare tips on seduction.
OVER AND OUT
I see it very differently.

Wright was in familiar surrounds, after all Oz is not much different to NZ, English speaking, and she had been here a while, and met with familiar people.

She was on Tinder, therefor she was playing with fire, knowingly.

After her first tantrum, Tostee offered her a walk home, which she refused.

Tostee later ordered her from his apartment, she again refused.

She then assaulted him, trashed his apartment, so her separated her to safe area, a 20 sq metre area with a legal height safety railing where she had been beofre, and was familiar with..

She then scaled it for reasons only known to herself.

Railings that height are in countless hotels selling liquor in Australia. If you are going to put forward it was not a safe space, then 1000s of Australian hotels would be forced to redesign all their second story railings. Clealry thats not going to happen, they are safe spaces, drunk people dont normally scale legal height railings. This was an unforseen occurrence that no one could have predicted, Tostee did not breach any duty of care. Wright could have refused drinks, but she didnt . No point in running a contra narrative, it is all there on the recording.

And no doubt some members of the jury will undoubtedly view events the same way, but if you think all 12 will see it exactly your way, I wish you luck.

attachment.php

"The noise is silenced by the sound of a sliding door, which fits with the Crown’s contention that Tostee locked her on his 14th floor balcony."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ws-story/264303a7fcdb3eda1c7bdfca468a6308#_=_

Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 101
this is your opinion, and you are clearly entitled to it. I don't share it. I believe he did murder her, and it is my contention that a jury will find that to be the case as well. Your defence of Gabe doesn't automatically confer upon you the entitlement to slag off the victim though.. so far, your only effort in defending Gabe is that he has testicles, that is all you base your conclusion on, an odd position, but hey, do I care? ... ''

He was not in a calm state,, he was affected by alcohol and he was excited about his secret recording. ..

I don't need to defend a man who is innocent of murder, she fell from a balcony to her death, he didn't push her or throw her off the balcony, she fell, that's why, as the evidence shows, her legs were hanging from the balcony. Your legs wont hang if your pushed, shoved or thrown off of a balcony, they hang when your climbing off of a balcony. The evidence has shown that she was drunk, aggressive and losing it in an apartment that she was unfamiliar with and in this state tried to climb to the balcony below................ and let it be noted, this is not victim blaming, this is the evidence.

I hope all of the 'alpha' research helps in the prison environment, because it won't be a short stay.

he wouldn't let her go.. he wanted to frighten her, to scare her, and let's face he wanted to torture her, he was enjoying it. It is as plain as day in the recording and cannot be read in any other way than that. This is what will get Gabe 25 years in Arthur Gorrie, ... he wouldn't let her out the front door, and he wouldn't let her pick up her possessions, which he had hidden, he found her phone in his pocket , like as if he didn't know that it was there!..

nope. Gabe was suddenly attracted to murder, only he didn't want to say it was murder, he wanted her to be punished for her refusal to continue worshipping at the shrine of Gabe. .. ..

and he was fiddling with something in that telescope stand after she fell. .

We've just had Day 2 of the Trial, we don't have all the evidence as yet - and either do you. You are going off MSN reports and SM as we all are - it's all opinion and we are all entitled to our opinions.

If you want evidence - go to the trial - or come back and discuss it with us when the trial is over and we've all heard ALL of the evidence.

Nobody has actual EVIDENCE at this stage except the Prosecution and the Defence.

Gabe was really editing his story for Dad.. he got a bit confused, and as soon as he did, he relapsed into, 'why does all this happen to me?.'...not an ounce of insight...... I wonder why he wanted his father to believe he was watching a movie.. maybe it had some significance to his dad.. btw, Dad didn't sound too bright, either... a bit slow on the uptake..
No I dont think so, he was babbling as he was quite stressed out witnessing a death,a nd unwittingly being involved in it, knowing that Police would be involved. his behaviour seems perfectly predictable, and pretty sure most jurors will see it that way too. Dad is a successful businessman, so I think hes smart enough.

JMOO.. MOO. etc etc

Murder doesn't take long to premeditate.. 20 seconds is usually all it takes, sometimes less.. . premeditation does not mean months and weeks.. I think he did murder her, and I think he thought it would be ok as she was a foreigner, alone in a city she didn't know, ..
Could you please explain how you deduce he premeditated her murder? What is the motive,a nd is there any evidence of it<modsnip>?

Trying to push the idea of Gabe being the victim has the strange air of a Lucia di Lammermoor Opera with lots of screeching arias, no plot and a vanished conclusion.
And when he is acquitted, let me guess, you will then still say he is a perpetrator, irrespective of his innocence from wrong doing, and still responsible for the deceased's death, is that correct?

No you did not. Did you see this ....?.....at the end of what I said. But, where is the evidence that he killed her and that when he 'did' he intended to kill her. I've seen none whatsoever. Have you?
you'll have to excuse the locals, they dont understand what "murder" actually is, but magically they are all convinced Tostee is guilty. Amazing isnt it? Just astounding really.....

this is your opinion, and you are clearly entitled to it. I don't share it. I believe he did murder her, and it is my contention that a jury will find that to be the case as well. Your defence of Gabe doesn't automatically confer upon you the entitlement to slag off the victim though.. so far, your only effort in defending Gabe is that he has testicles, that is all you base your conclusion on, an odd position, but hey, do I care? ... ''

He was not in a calm state,, he was affected by alcohol and he was excited about his secret recording. ..
Where did JD slag off at the victim? He only spoke the truth, what is known from the recording. Are you saying that if the deceased's actions show her in a poor light, that is actually slagging off at her? Are you serious?

I worked in the same building as Rrie - she worked at Kiwibank in Wellington - and I knew her in passing. I didn't get to know her as a person, unfortunately, but she seemed like a lovely person - a real 'life of the party' sort with no bad bones in her body. I used to see her in the lift quite a bit; she'd always greet me with a big smile and I would reciprocate; we'd chat about the weather and make small talk - she seemed like such a ray of sunshine. .
yes I agree, the the recording showed her to be a lovely person, a ray of sunshine. so did Tostee's forensic physical.

Where did JD slag off at the victim? He only spoke the truth, what is known from the recording. Are you saying that if the deceased's actions show her in a poor light, that is actually slagging off at her? Are you serious?

yes, I am.. quite serious.. based on the fact, that this forum, and ALL of websleuths forums, are VICTIM FRIENDLY.. you will find that ignoring this fact will not be to your advantage, .. I notice that some people have tried to explain this policy to you and to poor Elde and the silly Dillinger, but it appears to fall on deaf ears.. so let me repeat it, as clearly and as plainly as I can.

These forums, WEB sleuth forums, are VICTIM FRIENDLY.... Warriena is the victim in this particular thread.

I have tried to point out to poor Elde that he/she is in the wrong forum, and now I point it out to you. If you cant understand that this thread isn't here to promote GABE< it is victim friendly, in respect of Warriena. So you may be also in the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname