Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
And if you listen to RH breathing when he is upset, it the same kind as when was in room alone. The mic are up and it sounds different as it would been in person.

Sorry but I feel his emotions in those interview tapes are genuine. And so far (other than the sexting) he has told the truth (going by witnesses testimony)

I think his emotions were genuine too but we are in the minority here. I still do not believe he purposely killed his child.

Good thing we aren't here for a popularity contest huh. I didn't come to WS to be in the crowd. I didn't come here to make friends, but have made some wonderful friends so it was a great bonus. I am ticked right now lol and it because it feels like I have wasted time, can you imagine how much $$ Cobb County has spent? The hot car test alone was $24,000! I am still keeping an open mind and will def continue to follow the testimony because, I dang sure want them to prove beyond a reasonable doubt their charges.

This is kinda mean so I apologize in advance for being petty, BUT

I kind of want to slap that smirk off Jaynie's face. (I know, I am wrongfully making all kinds of judgments about her based on a few minutes of testimony)

I think the po po had to have looked through his phone before they got a warrant.

LOL :websleuther: :phone: :ditto:

No Football game tonight lol so think I will be re watching the hearing about the SW for sure.

I kind of want to slap that smirk off Jaynie's face. (I know, I am wrongfully making all kinds of judgments about her based on a few minutes of testimony)

:slap: LOL that was the smirk before Kilgore busted her testimony... and she mouthed "please stop"

I totally and honestly and very much mean this respectfully. And no way snarky or sarcastic.

But what would his emotions be? Are they incredibly fake as you state because, is it because you already think of him as guilty?

Do you feel that DA Statements (although not evidence) matched what we just watched?

Do you believe all the LEO testimony thus far? Even the ones that have been impeached by other LEO or the ME? Or their own incorrect reports?

I expected whatever emotion he expressed to be genuine. As in, something different than like he was putting on a one person play.

And if you see what I have said multiple times, I expected the video to harm the prosecution and make LE look really bad. But IMO, it didn't do either. I would never use a video like this as proof of premeditation. However, I do think the video supports the idea that Ross care more about himself than others. As I've said, I believe he is guilty of neglect, and behavior has nothing to do with that. LE statements have nothing to do with that. What has been proven, is that he was VERY preoccupied by women and sexting/texting. So preoccupied, Cooper was forgotten. That is neglect. I don't need a single word from LE to find him neglectful. Phone logs are enough.

I have no idea how I feel about the idea Ross planned this. I can't possibly decide that without both sides having presented. But I can say that I feel like he was not truly connected to his child, and he fake emotions after his death.

RH did not mention the light bulbs. He did not mention that he was texting in the car with Cooper. He lied. He mentions about being a medic and knowing Cooper was dead when he saw his eyes. That makes me more suspicious about how Cooper died. He may have planned it this way to be absolved of any responsibility and he went at lunch to check or to make a decision about saving Cooper or not. I also wonder if he watched videos about how to make yourself hyperventilate. This was popular on youtube about 5 years or so. Young people were trying out this stuff at schools and freaking everyone out. JMO

LOL I did not watch all her testimony but what I saw was she was very talkative with the State and only said "yes" when answering the Defense. Who was she mad at? The Defense or Ross? Or did I miss something else?

Have we seen the searches for the hotcar youtube videos yet? I had internet probs all day and no twitter for a long time.

Around the 41 minute mark in the above video, Detective Stoddard asks Ross who he was talking to at the crime scene. He said that Ross was seen actually talking on the phone. This was the night of Cooper's death so clearly this particular detail is not some part of a narrative that was pieced together at a later point in time. That call is significant IMO.

I agree,but who was it. They have already said he made 3 and who to. They have the phone records. They have video at the LAA. 2 calls to LAA 1 which is 6 min long. and the missed call to LH. He told LH he was calling her when LEO told him get off phone. Folgia is how allegedly told him get off phone. Very possible JMHO he could have been mumbling to self. Or they may have heard him speak when he connected with someone at the HD/LAA prior. I don't know the or order phone calls, I had thought LH was first.

We have already heard from Piper and Foglia. Stoddard is saying what he was told. Teacher Michelle Gray testified that they tried to say she was the one who took the call, and had some sort of relationship with RH. Wasn't Stoddard in court that day?

With regard to the interrogation tape, I think it shows that JRH has a pattern of behavior of only getting upset because he was caught.

When he was first put into cuffs and sat down in the patrol car, what happened? He started acting out, yelling, and hyperventilating. He did that only once then stopped. Minutes later he is trying to strike up a conversation with a police officer about how long she has been on the job (Why? So he can guess if they suspect him?).

Now we go to the interrogation room, where things start getting real to him again - he starts sucking air very loudly, and doing what I hesitate to say is "crying," more like panicking about his situation. Then when the cops show up, he immediately calms down. He remains calm as the cops are questioning him. He's alert, forthright about whatever information he wants to give to the police, aware of his surroundings, articulate and seemingly eager to cooperate. He tells some lies, like that his marriage is happy and healthy.

Then the cops leave JRH in the room with him. It starts to sink in that he's not "free to go." He starts panicking again, this time pacing around the room, breathing loudly, making noises, ect.

The cops eventually come back and eventually tell him that they're going to charge him with child cruelty. Once again he behaves perfectly calmly, but has his defense prepared: he has no history of abuse against children and no history of domestic violence charges. Not once does he vehemently deny killing his kid, or insisting he loved his kid way too much to be cruel to him. It's like he expected the police to charge him with something.

Now we watch him get to talk to his wife. Once again, he's breaking down sobbing, only this time for much longer and in a much more genuine way. He's actually upset now because he knows he's going to go to jail. And his wife? Don't ask me to comment on her. (I did end up commenting later :gaah:)

To me, all this shows that JRH's main concern is for himself and only himself. His grief only becomes truly real when he's facing jail time and that speaks volumes.

Of course, there will be people who say everyone grieves differently, but one would have to ignore all the testimony in the beginning of the trial to believe that. All of the witnesses at the scene came from various backgrounds, races, and walks of life, and they all agreed on one thing: that people grieve differently but JRH's behavior fell outside the range they would expect from a father who just lost his son. Both civilians and law enforcement testified that they felt JRH's behavior was forced and just from what I've seen, I agree with them.

And if you listen to RH breathing when he is upset, it the same kind as when was in room alone. The mic are up and it sounds different as it would been in person.

Sorry but I feel his emotions in those interview tapes are genuine. And so far (other than the sexting) he has told the truth (going by witnesses testimony)

Of course he told 'the truth'---there is nothing for him to lie about other than him doing it unintentionally. That is the beauty of this kind of method to get rid of one's child---it is a tragic accident and the parent can just receive sympathy and go on with their lives.

And that kind of breathing sounds to me like the kind one does when very scared. I think he was upset and frightened for sure.

The thing about his emotions that bothers me is that , other then the first few minutes, he was not emotional and horribly sad about the baby. The detective asks him all kinds of questions about Cooper, and he answers them calmly without breaking down and falling apart. He chid died GRUESOME DEATH,just hours ago, and it was his fault, but he was able to carry on a conversation about what Cooper ate for breakfast, like it was a normal day.

Just watched the whole video of RH & Leanna and could hear/see it all this time.

What a difference. He is clearly emotional and grieving, imo genuinely so, and he is thinking of Leanna , apologizing to her over and over, accepting responsibility, assuming she'll hate him. He's processing what's happened.

In fact, I think it's possible he might have felt alone in his grief. He's sobbing his heart out, and she is not. He's telling her he's in unbearable pain and she responds with- we'll get through this. She's being supportive of him, but in a way that precludes the two of them grieving together.

And it's crystal clear in context that Leanna brought up having another child as a way of ascertaining how suicidal he was feeling, her next few questions being specifically about that.

RH did not mention the light bulbs. He did not mention that he was texting in the car with Cooper. He lied. He mentions about being a medic and knowing Cooper was dead when he saw his eyes. That makes me more suspicious about how Cooper died. He may have planned it this way to be absolved of any responsibility and he went at lunch to check or to make a decision about saving Cooper or not. I also wonder if he watched videos about how to make yourself hyperventilate. This was popular on youtube about 5 years or so. Young people were trying out this stuff at schools and freaking everyone out. JMO

I have also wondered why he stopped at his car. Assuming he planned this and he's saying "I dreaded how he would look," it makes sense that he opened the car door just long enough to see if there was any sound then shutting it right away. Then he paused when someone was walking toward the back of his car, just long enough to see them not notice Cooper was dead.

However, if he opened the door, heard Cooper making noises and shut it to finish the job, that makes this situation all the more cruel and unusual. I worry that Cooper suffered for hours upon hours before dying instead of just a few hours. I say this as a non-religious person: if JRH opened the door and knew there was a chance to save Cooper, I hope there is a hell and he rots in it.

I apologize, as I am struggling to keep up with the trial, as well as this thread. I have been following as closely as possible.

This recording of RH and LH in the interview room is very, very strange. What mother would be more concerned with comforting her husband immediately following the grusome death of her baby? She shows NO real emotion. Something is very off about these two. Something doesn't jive. Where was LH's grief?

Just watched the whole video of RH & Leanna and could hear/see it all this time.

What a difference. He is clearly emotional and grieving, imo genuinely so, and he is thinking of Leanna , apologizing to her over and over, accepting responsibility, assuming she'll hate him. He's processing what's happened.

And it's crystal clear in context that Leanna brought up having another child as a way of ascertaining how suicidal he was feeling, her next few questions being specifically about that.

He was genuinely emotional when his wife came in. But by then he had been told he was going to jail and being charged. So I wonder if he was upset more about that than anything else.

Honestly, I struggle to think ANY parent is capable of harming their child! I remember looking at the pics and video of Casey Anthony thinking how is sure "looked" like she loved that precious little girl. But yet, somehow, she was able to get a beautiful life tattoo and go out dancing in the days after her daughter's death. How does one hurt such an innocent? And how does one think about themselves after doing that? I just don't understand.

BUT do you think the State of FL proved their case at trial? I don't. Not by evidence presented. And the whole searching computer xx times was totally false. My opinion of what I think about her guilt personally has nothing to do with what was presented in trial. Also the media coverage up til then was totally a lie. I started following that one at trial too. I thought no one had seen or heard from CA for 31 days and she was out partying it up. Well that was not the facts like MSM /Nancy Grace and so forth pushed down throats.

I don't understand either, but there are a whole forum right here WS.. so it happens. Sadly. I just in this case, from evidence so far, especially after watching these 2 videos dont think it was intentional. But I will try keep open mind. Next week will be exciting for sure. I think they still going to see the car.

He was genuinely emotional when his wife came in. But by then he had been told he was going to jail and being charged. So I wonder if he was upset more about that than anything else.

That's really not what I saw when I watched the whole thing again.

I apologize, as I am struggling to keep up with the trial, as well as this thread. I have been following as closely as possible.

This recording of RH and LH in the interview room is very, very strange. What mother would be more concerned with comforting her husband immediately following the grusome death of her baby? She shows NO real emotion. Something is very off about these two. Something doesn't jive. Where was LH's grief?

Hi - all I can tell you is what I know from the interrogation tape: that JRH said he and LH tried for a year to have a baby. One would think that a couple in their thirties (past prime conception) who are not able to get pregnant right away would be absolutely devastated that their firstborn son has been cruelly taken away from them. LH's behavior is incredible to me since I have known women with fertility issues who were devastated when they couldn't get pregnant, let alone be able to remain cool calm and collected if their husband was so thoughtless as to shut a precious miracle in a hot car to die.

Leaving fertility issues aside, I can't imagine any mother (or father!) who would make it their first priority to comfort their spouse if they had severely neglected their child to the point of dying the most terrible death imaginable.

LH's behavior is disgraceful and unbelievable, IMO.

Around the 41 minute mark in the above video, Detective Stoddard asks Ross who he was talking to at the crime scene. He said that Ross was seen actually talking on the phone. This was the night of Cooper's death so clearly this particular detail is not some part of a narrative that was pieced together at a later point in time. That call is significant IMO.

That's the point. LE was positively sure Ross was speaking to someone on the phone and thought that was terribly suspicious. He wasn't. They've tried and tried to make it so, including landing like a ton of bricks on Ms. Gray, but it wasn't so.

RH was holding the phone, screaming, probably muttering to himself- as that seems to be a habit anyway, in shock. Easy for a witness to make that mistake....but what witness could that be? IIRC, only one witness said she saw that, and LE didn't interview her for at least another year. Maybe LE just said it because they believed it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimsical Chaos