Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this thing called my house my rules. The 19yr old didn't like it so she moved to the uni campus and is now seeing that my rules were not so bad lol

'The grieving family of Warriena Wright has criticised the presiding judge for “disrespecting” their wishes by publicly releasing a disturbing audio recording of the last moments of her life, it has emerged.

'Ms Tagpuno Wright said Justice John Byrne’s decision to release the audio of her daughter’s death to the public caused her and her family a great deal of stress and trauma.'

'“I asked not to release the audio tape yet I was overruled by the judge,” Ms Tagpuno Wright’s statement said. “I did not want to remember her like that.'

'“Obviously luckily it was recorded. Otherwise if it wasn’t … no one would have believed what transpired that night,” Mr Dore said.'

Source: Warriena Wright’s family speak of ‘anguish’ as xxxxxx found not guilty

Don't worry, Mrs Wright, we don't remember your precious Rrie like that but as a beautiful woman with a loving soul.

Don't kid yourself, Mr Dore. The great majority of right-minded people, including jurors, didn't and still don't believe what transpired that night hence their many notes to, and discussions with, Justice Byrne over the course of their lengthy deliberations. The jurors were hamstrung by the (f)Law.

Yes tiddles, I don't have the link but the Courier Mail reported yesterday that that was apparently his modus operandi in nightclubs- stay sober, wait till late then hit on the drunk girls. Nice bloke. Can find the link tomorrow if required.

I will try to find the link, also, he was well below the legal limit if my memory serves me correctly, as he had had only a few beers...I think it was in Daily Mail.

If he was my son I would be keeping him in the therapy fora long long time. He needs it.
If he was my 30yr old son, he'd be making his own damn therapy arrangements. I'm afraid we would be somewhat estranged, as I would be absolutely mortified if I had a son that was suck a freak'n pig!

Big weekend of Car Racing on the Gold Coast at Surfers Paradise this weekend (party time)...:drink:...I wonder if (?) will be there...:lurk:...:lurk:...:lurk:.....:party:

Trouble is he would need to be disguised (such a well known celebrity there now for all the wrong reasons)....Wouldn't put it past him...MOO.

Big weekend of Car Racing on the Gold Coast at Surfers Paradise this weekend (party time)...I wonder if (?) will be there...:lurk:...:lurk:...:lurk:...Trouble is he would need to be disguised....Wouldn't put it past him...MOO...:scared:

I know one of the teams. I'm sure they'll have their eyes open; especially when they're behind the wheel.

Big weekend of Car Racing on the Gold Coast at Surfers Paradise this weekend (party time)...I wonder if (?) will be there...:lurk:...:lurk:...:lurk:...Trouble is he would need to be disguised....Wouldn't put it past him...MOO...:scared:
Think he jumped into a vat of beach and has had liposuction already?

Gotta go. A night of companion's cuddles, cats, couch and comedy awaits :loveyou:

We all know that Hitler didn't get in to Art College and that was the source of his rage. Maybe GT was a frustrated architect and that wrong can slowly be righted?

I'm only looking in again briefly, I don;t think I can bear another 25 pages of rehash.
I just wanted to say TO GT should HE or anyone close to him be reading these posts, that I think it would be an excellent idea for him to consider going overseas on a volunteer project. I imagine he owes his family a lot of money, but that hanging over his head and working as a carpet layer, is not going to hack it. Better he go do something useful with his life for a couple of years... use whatever skills or dreams he may have in design/construction, his youth and strength, build homes for the homeless in some 3rd world country. Work hard with young people, learn some real skills of social interaction, learn from the disadvantaged, have his heart touched. It might be one way of a real re-entry into the world, judged on present and future not on the past. Make something out of what is, at present, nothing. Atone, find a conscience, do something good.

i'm only looking in again briefly, i don;t think i can bear another 25 pages of rehash.
I just wanted to say to gt should he or anyone close to him be reading these posts, that i think it would be an excellent idea for him to consider going overseas on a volunteer project. I imagine he owes his family a lot of money, but that hanging over his head and working as a carpet layer, is not going to hack it. Better he go do something useful with his life for a couple of years... Use whatever skills or dreams he may have in design/construction, his youth and strength, build homes for the homeless in some 3rd world country. Work hard with young people, learn some real skills of social interaction, learn from the disadvantaged, have his heart touched. It might be one way of a real re-entry into the world, judged on present and future not on the past. Make something out of what is, at present, nothing. Atone, find a conscience, do something good.

absolutely agree. I come from an Aspergers family and did a foreign exchange at 16, siblings were kept busy learning empathy, partner is also Aspergers. Have next generation with same condition. Hopefully his damage can be undone with wise guidance.

It seems clear that this girl was acting pretty crazy. My guess is that he recorded things because when the situation started going south he did not want her coming up with a different version of events later, as the girl is pretty much always believed over the guy in he said/she said situations. And if things did get to the point where police showed up, you can bet that her version would have been quite different from what was on the recording, and he would probably have been going to jail. No doubt that was on his mind. It is easy to be critical of his actions after the fact, but if you were in his situation, facing the certain knowledge of how things would play out if the police did arrive, would you act any different?

If he had not recorded the events there is no question that he would have been accused of throwing her off the balcony.

He did not do anything to her, other than lock her on the balcony to cool down. No reasonable person would expect such an individual to try to climb down from the 14th floor. It may be tragic, but the girl was pretty much solely to blame for her own death IMO.

I think that the jury reached the correct decision, the charges should never have been brought in the first place.
bbm
First of all they were both acting bat-chit crazy. not just "the girl". (Healthy people do not meet strangers off the internet, and within 8 minutes of ever laying eyes on the person, are drinking and having sex, alone in an apartment. Substance abusers hook up like that all the time, healthy people not so much!). But I notice you don't say Tostee was "acting crazy. Just "This Girl". Why is that? He clearly WAS beyond disturbed!.

No the police do not "almost always" believe the girl. They believe the most credible party, judging by what they see at the scene. If he had called the police himself, they almost certainly would have removed her from his property, and that would have been the quickest, easiest, and safest resolution to the situation. That is exactly what he should have done, but he was "Not done with her yet".

The last portion of your post that I bolded. Is absolutely disgusting .Tostee is a predator. They can spot vulnerability like a lion spots a limp.
He knew exactly what he wanted to do, and he did it. He terrified her and we don't get to *see* exactly how but I have a good idea how he did it, and anyone who reads/listens to that tape knows we are NOT getting the whole story, just what Tostee chose to let us in on.

absolutely agree. I come from an Aspergers family and did a foreign exchange at 16, siblings were kept busy learning empathy, partner is also Aspergers. Have next generation with same condition. Hopefully his damage can be undone with wise guidance.
Hi poss, these kids aren't damaged but different. Do you see yourself as different to others here? I have an Aspy plus an ASD. Both have empathy to the tenth degree but lack conversational skills. My youngest who was diagnosed at 2 seemed a life sentence. He can undertake anything in spelling and storey writing. Still stilled in conversation. Tostee said he was out of action socially for years. I believe that. He needs a mentor to guide him as his parents ,obviously got the sh$ts with him and put him in a paid apartment. They didn't leave court with him.

Hi poss, these kids aren't damaged but different. Do you see yourself as different to others here? I have an Aspy plus an ASD. Both have empathy to the tenth degree but lack conversational skills. My youngest who was diagnosed at 2 seemed a life sentence. He can undertake anything in spelling and storey writing. Still stilled in conversation. Tostee said he was out of action socially for years. I believe that. He needs a mentor to guide him as his parents ,obviously got the sh$ts with him and put him in a paid apartment. They didn't leave court with him.
Oh gosh, life is so complicated, I don't have a quick answer, although the Aspergers gene and androgyny gene run close in my family. We are all successful academically.

I also have a son with autism diagnosed at 5 after deciding we wouldn't wait for years to get him publicly diagnosed and miss out on the early therapy. I aways hear that every case with autism is different and that is so true. The early therapy in my opinion has been soooo helpful that at age 7 he is very sociable where he wasn't before at all. The later they get the therapy the harder it is to work well. Would still be beneficial to him though at the very least to teach him how to handle situations better than he does now :/ JMO

Page 25 is 50 shades of messed up for me. Is it fine for others?

If he was my 30yr old son, he'd be making his own damn therapy arrangements. I'm afraid we would be somewhat estranged, as I would be absolutely mortified if I had a son that was suck a freak'n pig!

I would always be there for my children no matter what they did. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be mortified if they were involved in something terrible but I feel that's my job as a parent. I've seen great parents have a kid that turned out terrible and vise versa. I guess they will do what is right for their family in regards to GT now :/

Just wondering if the Mods will be closing this Thread soon, now that the Trial is over & there really isn't much to talk about anymore.....Just seems a waste of time & effort to be rehashing stuff ??.. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012