Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vandersloot!!! That's IT.
Been reminded of something all the way along and couldn't quite bring it to mind. Eric Thomas/Gable Tostee is a form of Vandersloot.
South African connection by way of Mauritius, for the Tostees. But the sloot thing, that's totally a South African slang.

New member here......hello all!

AUSTLII is my preferred site for access to court transcripts Natalie. You won't find the Tostee trial because he was found not guilty.

For future reference, where a defendant is found guilty, you'll be able to locate the case, including application/s for the suppression of evidence, eg Brett Cowan.

Thanks AusAlinta, so aside from purchasing through the courts, is there any other way?

Been reminded of something all the way along and couldn't quite bring it to mind. Eric Thomas/Gable Tostee is a form of Vandersloot.
South African connection by way of Mauritius, for the Tostees. But the sloot thing, that's totally a South African slang.

... the difference is, in the Tostee case, the Prosecution, and Judiciary, were intent on gaining an ACQUITTAL. I still think Tostee's daddy, the struggling carpet salesman, who amazingly managed to put a son through a 100k Bond Uni degree, had some very influential connections.

SA....Surely he is presently being treated for his mental illness, including cognitive therapy, medication, supervision etc. as I feel that this information should have been presented at trial...It's as though the Judge put words virtually into the mouths of the jurors throughout his instructions & their hands were tied (because of this)...Why have a jury then if this is the case ??...MOO.

Oh yes, I am sure he must be on a treatment plan right now. What I was getting at is that I wish he was locked away (following Warriena's death) and being treated. Anything to get him off the streets for a good long while.

BBM: It is also a brah thing. They pretty much ALL use the term on the bodybuilding site. Perhaps the real word is banned and changes to asterisks when posted, so they have adopted the sloot term, but it is still pretty bad to refer to all women/girls in that manner.
I wonder how they would like their mums, wives, sisters, daughters, nieces, to be referred to in that manner.

This is why justice can rarely be served.

Because of judges that dont allow certain evidence to be shown to the jury. Jmo.

Now after her death. TOstee was still bragging and humiliated women that he tried to conquer.

But the judge didn't let the jury see this.

So imo. Why leave the jury blind?

Could you link to evidence that Tostee humiliated women after 8th August 2014 please? Ive never seen anything to validate that claim

I hope the Jurors are feeling some guilt that Justice was not served....I wouldn't be surprised if GT is back on Tinder already....I read somewhere that he moved out of that high-rise unit not long after this terrible tragedy happened.... also, he kept pouring his "home brew" into W, knowing that he was doing the wrong thing by her (as she normally only drank beer)..... He did not have any "home brew" himself that night (only beer)....That speaks for itself....Goodness knows what he put into it....Actions speak louder than words....COWARD !!!...MOO...:maddening:
BBM, is that actually true? I dont believe that has ever been reported?

Oh yes, I am sure he must be on a treatment plan right now. What I was getting at is that I wish he was locked away (following Warriena's death) and being treated. Anything to get him off the streets for a good long while.

I agree SA, hopefully he doesn't want to tempt fate in any way shape or form.

I'm pretty sure they were both drinking vodka. No mention of beer in the recording, and lots of pouring of vodka...

Maybe he was/is on a treatment plan. But for how long?
He can cease that whenever he pleases.

If he was my son I would be keeping him in the therapy fora long long time. He needs it.

If he was my son I would be keeping him in the therapy fora long long time. He needs it.

I agree. But he is an adult and it is up to him to continue or refuse treatment. not his parents.

I will try to find the link, also, he was well below the legal limit if my memory serves me correctly, as he had had only a few beers...I think it was in Daily Mail.

I will try to find the link, also, he was well below the legal limit if my memory serves me correctly, as he had had only a few beers...I think it was in Daily Mail.

If they didn't test him right away we don't know how drunk he was, but IMO i don't think he was all that drunk, he sounded pretty coherent on the tape, unlike WW. He was sober enough to remember to hit the button on his recording device too. Very calculated and i think he knew exactly what he wanted to do. Because it certainly wasn't the first time of recording his dates.

I wonder why the jury couldn't find causation on GT's actions when he threatened to physically throw WW off the balcony? That proves he had it on his mind, and proves what he would do if he wanted to. What a p**s weak prosecution.
And this case went to a pre trial hearing to see if there was enough to prove murder and take it to trial, and they deemed there was.

'Amid the tumult and drama of the trial of xxxxx xxxxxx over the past week, much has been written about the exploits of the 'man'[?] :floorlaugh: who stood trial.

Little, however, was written about the young, beautiful New Zealand woman who fell to her death from the balcony of his Surfers Paradise apartment – Warriena Tagpuno Wright.

Ms Wright seems have to have become a footnote in the dramatic trial in which a jury this week acquitted xxxxxx on the charge of her murder, and on the lesser charge of manslaughter.'

Warriena Wright forgotten amid xxxxxx trial circus

Beautiful Rrie, you will never be forgotten by me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVce82rKYt8

I wouldn't bother tiddles. The dust probably has them bookmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname