SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its secluded there perfect place to hid a car and 2 people the water under that bridge is brown

I think LE is interested. I know the families had a meeting with them in the past few days. I am sure LE has told them to keep quiet etc. I've not seen any anger towards the LE investigating. I hope the private eye the family raised money for will shed some light for the family.
Work has been crazy and I have been trying to get my life and house in order for my upcoming surgery tomorrow, so I am way behind on reading up on this case here on Websleuths, as well as on all the family FB pages, so forgive me if this info is somewhere already:

Have they raised the money for the PI yet? Last I looked, they were nowhere near the goal and the two families were still going back and forth about how both campaigns were completely legitimate and both causes were needed and needed to be kept separate. It seemed like not a lot of people were donating because having two campaigns made it confusing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Work has been crazy and I have been trying to get my life and house in order for my upcoming surgery tomorrow, so I am way behind on reading up on this case here on Websleuths, as well as on all the family FB pages, so forgive me if this info is somewhere already:

Have they raised the money for the PI yet? Last I looked, they were nowhere near the goal and the two families were still going back and forth about how both campaigns were completely legitimate and both causes were needed and needed to be kept separate. It seemed like not a lot of people were donating because having two campaigns made it confusing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi Tulip, I wish you well on your surgery!

I think they have now raised enough for the PI and they have been hired, so hopefully this will lead somewhere? (Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I too have not had much time to catch up with this one.)

But I don't think it's so crazy that they and their car are hidden somewhere in water or kudzu.
I think a lot of us here feel the same. It's so baffling that there haven't been any searches for these types of scenarios.

I just had some time to read through FB and Charlie's family asked people not to share information between the parties. They called it a 'major disagreement' regarding the pages. Sounds like (conjecture on my part) that no one trusted anyone from the other family to be in charge of the .

I did read that LE has requested video surveillance from surrounding area from apt. bldg -- and also, I hadn't read this before, but the apt bldg had no cameras (argh) except fake ones.
It seems to me the family need some help with what's going on. I actually asked about video surveillance a few days ago. They had not asked about it. I've seen other cases that are solved by just following where they show up. Sadly neither family have money to hire a private investigator. I feel like a they missed several opportunities in the very beginning. I've also asked about the apartment, if it had been been searched by a forensic tech. I got no answer on that.

A family member previously commented LE said nothing looked amiss, and it was not treated like a crime scene so no forensic search. Can't say I blame them. I also have a nagging feeling someone knows something and isn't saying it. Not sure why none of the reward money that was raised hasn't been offered yet.

I've missed something on the timeline. Why were they supposed to be going to Taylors? I thought they weren't supposed to be meeting a friend for dinner until that Thurs 9/1. We also know Kala had a profile on another site that was active the morning of 8/31 and texted someone that same morning. She didn't return calls later that day. Is 8/31 the evening they were supposed to go to Taylors?

It seems to me the family need some help with what's going on. I actually asked about video surveillance a few days ago. They had not asked about it. I've seen other cases that are solved by just following where they show up. Sadly neither family have money to hire a private investigator. I feel like a they missed several opportunities in the very beginning. I've also asked about the apartment, if it had been been searched by a forensic tech. I got no answer on that.

yes they were going to have dinner that night but some news say they had dinner others say they never showed up

Some people on FB found that CDC also used the name 'charlie carlet' online - apparently for writing. His FB writing page is taken down, though. Everyone is freaking out but I think it was just a pen name he used in the past.

His twitter hasn't been active since Aug 18. Nothing on it seems suspicious or even creepy, IMO.

Is it him or one of those spam profilers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the FB profile, I can't see it. FB people are saying it was created in 2015. The twitter is (IMO) him- it goes back to 2009 and uses his real name also.

**Edited to add- family has said he uses multiple names as pen names for writing.

I hope people don't report that FB page, which looks to have been created a year ago, as spam until the families & police have a chance to investigate it.

Does anyone happen to know how many active pages/groups dedicated to finding them there are on FB? I know of 4.

No wonder we are confused about the timeline. In addition to the news stories having different dates listed as dinner date nights, there are at least three different missing posters with different last seen dates (the 29th, 30th and 31st) on the official missing FB pages! I agree with previous posters; the families need some help getting organized. Hopefully the PI can help. I'm afraid sometimes friends and families wait for LE to tell them what to do, when in a case like this, there's really nothing more they can do because there has been no obvious crime and no obvious direction in which to go. Sad.

ETA: Well, I guess it remains to be seen if there was an obvious direction in which to go. Maybe LE has gone there, who knows?

I have seen 5. There is a closed group called Finding Kala also.

So after reading all the drama on one of the missing groups, KB mom is claiming that CM is giving her a hard time about the dog. Did anyone see CM new post regarding KB mom!? If not go check it out, very interesting.

Thank you. I missed the earlier FB drama and fell for KB mom's whinefest. I wouldn't give the dog back either knowing that.

So after reading all the drama on one of the missing groups, KB mom is claiming that CM is giving her a hard time about the dog. Did anyone see CM new post regarding KB mom!? If not go check it out, very interesting.

One platform I haven't seen anyone mention is their Pinterest pages. Not sure if it is even important or not <modsnip>

<modsnip>

https://www.pinterest.com/kala0469/

https://www.pinterest.com/csquared2002/

It looks like Charlie pinned quite a bit just before he disappeared, but nothing after. It also provides another online user name for him: csquared2002

That's his Twitter also, c_squared2002. His instagram is charliedavid2002, another user name he could have used elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member