SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another really creepy thing to me is how somewhere online I saw that TK was 'investing in a wildlife refuge for a new generation,' or something to that effect. Maybe it was on his linkedin page (?) - apologies, but I'm not able to search for it or post a link right now. With fb posts referencing animals, which seem in hindsight to possibly have a double meaning, plus the comments a neighbor have made indicating that TK wanted to move to his big property and fence it in, this is very disturbing to say the least! All of this is, obviously.

Sorry I guess I misunderstood and reacted emotionally. Of course they could not have known when they saw a convicted sex offender going weekly to another property where he had a shipping container that it was suspicious. I just saw a live interview with the man who owns 30 acres next to TK's 95 acres. TK tried to buy his land and the man thought he was going to have a farm when he put up fence and did landscape work. No way this man or anyone with limited contact with TK could have known this was a dangerous psycho but how could anyone who worked with him or talked to him frequently have looked at his posts online knowing he was a sex offender and not call LE sooner? I'm not laying blame on anyone but it just boggles the mind.

I live on 80 acres and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I pay no attention to my neighbors comings and goings and to be honest, if they came to my door I'm not sure I would even know who they were by sight. I don't even know what they look like. LOL I do have their phone number and I have talked to them on the phone numerous times regarding missing and/or found dogs and cats, but we just don't ever see each other. Also, people use those shipping containers as storage quite often. I wouldn't think much if someone had one on their farm.

People on farms all have tractors and sometimes other equipment (we personally have bulldozers, backhoe and track loader) so none of that would raise any alarm either. We often burn brush piles (if you have land, you're going to have a brush pile...it's a fact of life) Also, I don't even bat an eye if I hear gunshots, as someone is always target shooting and then during deer season, there will be hunters shooting within hearing range. It doesn't even register in my brain it's so common.

Now, all of that being said......I would have found it weird and very odd that the man had a large tract of land such as that and he had it fenced with a 6 ft. chain link fence. I would have found that VERY odd. The only reason anyone in the country has a fence like that is if they keep deer or some other type of wild game in a preserve type situation, and is 6 ft. chain link even tall enough for that? I doubt it. I saw he stated on facebook that he did that so his dogs could run, but that doesn't make much sense to country folks. But, naturally the first thing that would come to mind is that he's just a city boy that doesn't know any better, not that he's keeping hostages on his property. It would be weird, but not weird enough to really raise any suspicions.

I think there has been some confusion about how many properties TK owns. He owns two - the 95.57 acres in Woodruff and his house at 213 Windsong Way in Moore. The other properties listed by his real estate agency aren't his - they have their own owners who just had the bad luck of listing with a killer. Likewise for any properties that are managed by his company (hence some of the comments on this FB page about people bringing him the rent) - he was simply the manager for a property owned by someone else.

What I believe are his parents own a house (with a very small yard, in a neighborhood) in Greenville County.

Ahh I see. Thank you! For some reason I thought he owned other land similar to the one being searched.

Yeah, and now about 800 ppl know the neighbours phone number......:facepalm:

Yep and it will be more than 800 people because after the live link ends, fb puts the video up on the page so others can watch later. Poor man will probably get calls from every news org out there. I hope he doesn't get any crank calls.

Sorry. Hit send too soon on tapatalk and can't edit. In English I meant "is this on a news feed or CNN or anything?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live on 80 acres and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I pay no attention to my neighbors comings and goings and to be honest, if they came to my door I'm not sure I would even know who they were by sight. I don't even know what they look like. LOL I do have their phone number and I have talked to them on the phone numerous times regarding missing and/or found dogs and cats, but we just don't ever see each other. Also, people use those shipping containers as storage quite often. I wouldn't think much if someone had one on their farm.

People on farms all have tractors and sometimes other equipment (we personally have bulldozers, backhoe and track loader) so none of that would raise any alarm either. We often burn brush piles (if you have land, you're going to have a brush pile...it's a fact of life) Also, I don't even bat an eye if I hear gunshots, as someone is always target shooting and then during deer season, there will be hunters shooting within hearing range. It doesn't even register in my brain it's so common.

Now, all of that being said......I would have found it weird and very odd that the man had a large tract of land such as that and he had it fenced with a 6 ft. chain link fence. I would have found that VERY odd. The only reason anyone in the country has a fence like that is if they keep deer or some other type of wild game in a preserve type situation. I saw he stated on facebook that he did that so his dogs could run, but that doesn't make much sense to country folks. But, naturally the first thing that would come to mind is that he's just a city boy that doesn't know any better, not that he's keeping hostages on his property. It would be weird, but not weird enough to really raise any suspicions.

He wasn't living on the land though. He lived in town at another location and his neighbors in town knew he had another rural piece of property and knew he was a registered sex offender. They said he mostly kept to himself and I guess since he was a RSO no one wanted to get too close or question his going out to that other land all the time. It's unfortunate but I guess can understand why no one noticed anything too strange.

Another scary thing to consider is that as a RE agent he would have access to a host of other places where he could bury the bodies of any other victims. Once the search of his own property is complete I hope LE looks at any other rural listings this guy has had in recent years.

How long has he owned the Woodruff property? Sorry if this is a repeat, can't find it in the thread.

I wonder how truthful his glowing resume... a degree in computer science and a BA in Marketing. it'll be interesting what type of cyber footprint he left for LE.
From his now defunct real estate page toddkohlhepp.com:

About Todd:

Residential and Commercial Broker
Realtor®
NC/SC Regional Rookie of the Year his first year in business
2007 & 2008 recipient of Presidential Award for over 5 million in sales
Member Of Both Spartanburg & Greenville Board Of Realtors
B.S. degree in Business Administration/Marketing from University of South Carolina
Licensed Pilot
Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Member of Sigma Alpha Lambda Leadership and Honor Society
Member of Spartanburg Young Professionals Group
B.S. degree in Computer Science from Central Arizona College
Former Graphic Designer

His Sep 13 post below which caught my eye as she said perhaps 4 bodies there.... This is one of those cases when you read the perps FB, you see that you can take something in a totally different light ?

.. every once in a while some little thing gets out of line, doesnt take much and all the photos look like trash.. dingy and the house is anything but.. changed batteries 4 times.. reset.. sampled whitespace.. changed flash settings.. its usually something you totally didnt see that bites you on the rear.. then you go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. either way.. always figure it out I hate half a@@ed work​

WS is taking so long to post this.. 8 minutes for the previous two paragraphs to type grrrrr..

but another post he stated to the effect buy two houses... one for summer and one for fall. It make me consider did he have someone previous and .. well....

How long has he owned the Woodruff property? Sorry if this is a repeat, can't find it in the thread.

Look at my post 187 and click on that link, it will show you when, how much, who from, etc

Another scary thing to consider is that as a RE agent he would have access to a host of other places where he could bury the bodies of any other victims. Once the search of his own property is complete I hope LE looks at any other rural listings this guy has had in recent years.

That's what really bugs me. No telling how many people he could have killed. If he's been at this for awhile, it's hard to say if they'll ever find everyone he may have killed. He had such easy access to properties that were not his.

I wonder how truthful his glowing resume... a degree in computer science and a BA in Marketing. it'll be interesting what type of cyber footprint he left for LE.

Maybe he got a degree while in prison, but I am skeptical of his resume too. Sociopaths cannot be honest.

I hope Shadow McClaine's family notifies law enforcement that she is missing and they can test anyone found to see if it is her. She went missing around the same time as KB and it is about a 5 hour drive from where her car was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637