The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/U][/B]

Actually I don't think that is accurate. I believe they had money, but LH didn't feel they were ready yet. They had been homeowners in the past and she was aware of what all it entailed. Part of me thinks she didn't want to tie up all their money into an asset in case RH really blew it. I think she was well aware he never stopped sexting & *advertiser censored*, but didn't think it was physical cheating. But I think she was starting to suspect and if they did divorce a rental was a clean cut.

IIRC he made $60K (before taxes?). She worked part time. Day care was 10% off bcse Little Aprons is owned by Home Depot and employees get 10% off and waived registration fees. Both had student loans. Plus condo rent and a car payment. Then bills such as utilities, gas, cell phones, groceries. IMO they were having such serious issues in the marriage in May they decided not to buy a house until things got better.

I've been out all day. Anyone need an update?

On Wednesday, the court replayed the video of Harris' interview and the video of Harris and Leanna at the police station for the jurors.

Defense attorney Esther Panitch, who is not involved in the case, believes the decision to re-watch the videos is good news for the state.

"There's nothing in these videos that I can glean that really help him or help the defense. These are all the bad parts of the state's case against Ross," she said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harris-trial/day-2-jury-deliberating-in-hot-car-death-trial/465582149

Jurors will continue deliberations at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.

Where are all of LH pictures, did only RH have pictures....or maybe they were fishing for other info. We will never know.

No, under the sw they took the lap top that LH had stored all their pics on. She wanted to get access to the lap top so that they could use them at the funeral. Because the lap top was seized as evidence they refused to release the computer, but offered up a flash drive they would download the pics too. LH told they story that they refused to give her any pics, which wasn't true. Then she changed it to they wanted to give her atty a disc of them but she didn't want that as she said she had no pc to access them. Which seems odd since I'm sure her family/friends would have done that for her on theirs etc...

IIRC he made $60K (before taxes?). She worked part time. Day care was 10% off bcse Little Aprons is owned by Home Depot and employees get 10% off and waived registration fees. Both had student loans. Plus condo rent and a car payment. Then bills such as utilities, gas, cell phones, groceries. IMO they were having such serious issues in the marriage in May they decided not to buy a house until things got better.

They also had about $4k in credit card bills.

May was also when he searched the divorce checklist btw

I looked up some research on grief, and found something interesting (BBM):

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...snt-come-in-stages-and-its-not-the-same-every
Thanks for finding this, but I know that I would not be resilient and I would not be able to put the pain aside just hours after my daughter died, and most especially if my daughter was dead because of something I did. When my mom died, it was a few years before I was able to smell the perfume she wore, or eat at her favorite restaurant or pass a store she loved shopping without tearing up. In fact, I still haven't gone to California Pizza Kitchen, where she took me for my birthday and collapsed in there and was taken to the hospital for the last time. Just my experience of course....

May was also when he searched the divorce checklist btw

What? Another incredible "coincidence"! May 9 divorce checklist.....5 weeks later his son dies...hmmm

The testimony from LH about being treating poorly by LE reference when LE returned to her home the 2nd time with a SW. She never testified she was treated poorly at the police station.

He is concerned that everyone will hate him...he knows she won't. But the real reason he needs to hear that from her has nothing to do with cooper and EVERYTHING to do with his phone imo.
I sort of think the RH comment "Please don't leave me" had several underlying factors. 1. Please don't leave leave me, I need you and your support now. 2. Leanna, once you hear about all the sexting/texting Stoddard's researching currently in the other room, I have been doing you will probably want to leave me 3. I will need outside support while I am locked up inside

Here it's fair game for any manner of speculation and opinion. I hope and assume the jury sticks with just the evidence, though, and in this case....

* there is no evidence at all--as in, none-- that RH wanted to divorce Leanna, only evidence that he wanted no such thing.

* And there also is no direct evidence of any kind -none- that he was willing to kill his son Cooper in order to not be married to Leanna anymore.

*And there is no direct evidence of any kind -none-that he didn't love Cooper.

*And there is no direct evidence -none- that RH was a sociopath.

One of the best lines in Kilgore's closing was how ludicrous it was for LE- yes, up until Stoddard's turn on the stand- to suspect Leanna (and for some, beyond), as if it made sense for Leanna to be complicit in a plot to kill Cooper so RH didn't have to be with her anymore, or is it, that Leanna was so soulless and desperate for RH that she'd conspire to kill her son so he would stay with her, the wife he was willing to kill his son in order to escape?

I tend to agree however he did hide some facts during the investigation. He should have pled the 5th and gotten a lawyer. In my opinion there is enough to cast reasonable doubt on the murder charges. We'll see soon enough. It will be good to have this trial over with. All in all a really sad story.

I sort of think the RH comment "Please don't leave me" had several underlying factors. 1. Please don't leave leave me, I need you and your support now. 2. Leanna, once you hear about all the sexting/texting Stoddard's researching currently in the other room, I have been doing you will probably want to leave me 3. I will need outside support while I am locked up inside

Lol and if you do leave me will you send me $20 a month so I can buy chick fil a flavored Ramen noodles and candy bars from the commissary?

No, under the sw they took the lap top that LH had stored all their pics on. She wanted to get access to the lap top so that they could use them at the funeral. Because the lap top was seized as evidence they refused to release the computer, but offered up a flash drive they would download the pics too. LH told they story that they refused to give her any pics, which wasn't true. Then she changed it to they wanted to give her atty a disc of them but she didn't want that as she said she had no pc to access them. Which seems odd since I'm sure her family/friends would have done that for her on theirs etc...

Huh? Where did you get that info? That's not what Kilgore said happened (via elicited testimony).

The videos reveal so much. I love to watch the body language and the tells. I thought RH actions toward CH were sincere and loving. What I thought unusual was the RH almost acted like he didnt want to touch LH in the interview room. He softly grabbed LH forearms a couple of times. LH was constantly touching RH and extending comforting and supporting and loving words. I consider them both a little odd but I would have thought we would have seen a tight embrace or two.

May be poor recollection here, not sure, so bear with me. The HR divorce checklist Ross went to had a link about 'Name Change'. Didn't one of his friends testify that he wanted to change his prepopulated e-mail name from Justin Harris to Ross Harris? Could this be a reason he went to the link? Just something that got stuck in my head.

“The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known the tyranny of the weak over the strong. It is the only tyranny that lasts.”

*note to self, in the future make sure to not search "tranny of the weak" as it makes glory hole pale in comparison. Spell check is my new friend.

Don't even want to know. Learned more than I ever wanted to know about some of these terms last trial. Haven't been able to order a tossed salad in a restaurant ever since. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann