The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor control on divorce checklist. See Jamais post above, ( #916 ). (Thanks- that was it exactly. :))

Ok just saw that. But that's kinda a stretch don't you think? He is an IT person. I don't think he had to click on a divorce atty checklist to know how to change the name display on his email....I'm gearing up for swamp land sale again...

Are you saying Ross stayed married to Leanna for her money?

Men's standard of living usually goes up after divorce, even when they're paying child support.
I may need some supporting facts on this one Minor :) I have a few friends that wouldn't agree with you I am afraid :)

Don't even want to know. Learned more than I ever wanted to know about some of these terms last trial. Haven't been able to order a tossed salad in a restaurant ever since. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I was in college I took glassblowing a few times and one of the furnaces we used was called a Glory Hole. I had a feeling there was another meaning to that and I didn't want to know and I don't want to know now!

Ok just saw that. But that's kinda a stretch don't you think? He is an IT person. I don't think he had to click on a divorce atty checklist to know how to change the name display on his email....I'm gearing up for swamp land sale again...

Exactly....DT caca del toro

The videos reveal so much. I love to watch the body language and the tells. I thought RH actions toward CH were sincere and loving. What I thought unusual was the RH almost acted like he didnt want to touch LH in the interview room. He softly grabbed LH forearms a couple of times. LH was constantly touching RH and extending comforting and supporting and loving words. I consider them both a little odd but I would have thought we would have seen a tight embrace or two.

Presumably, we watched the same video (I've seen it more than twice). Leanna is all over Ross - rubbing his thighs, leaning/talking into his crotch, joining hands over his "package", and she most certainly stands up and places her body over his while embracing him. I couldn't help wondering what LE who were watching the two of them thought :waitasec: I suggested to the Harris', aloud, as I watched the video on my computer, "Get a room!" :blushing:

I don't know who she used to be before her world turned upside down, but the woman I saw on the stand seemed rather formidable to me, seemed like she could go toe to toe with anyone if she so chose.

Isn't the term for that --steel magnolia?

Most of us southern women are both mothering in the way that GA_Peach described and able to be quite formidable at the same time. In my experience at least, especially us "Old Dixie" women (Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, eastern Mississippi, FA panhandle).

In many corporations, companies, businesses, your employee name is that which is on your SS card, therefore HR makes the determination as to what will be on your 'official' documents, tax documents, employee liistings in directories, including e-mail. Even staff who work in IT have to go through HR to get a name change.

Gosh I have not developed picutres in years....here are not many places that still do that. If anyone finds a roll of film to develop good luck finding a place to develop it. Some places only do certain types of film!

No, I mean where are the pictures on her cell, her computer, her digital anything? Why would she need RH cell for pics? My hubby and I have a lot of the same pics on our cells of our children. Yes some are different but we both have cute pics of the kids too where we would not need each others pics. I would think they would too, espicially with RH in IT. RH even sent LH daily pics until just before Coopers death. I just cannot figure why she wanted THOSE pics. Wjere were her cute pics too of Cooper. Just another thought to a strange and terrible event.

My understanding is they took all the computers and digital devices--except for her phone, maybe? I did NOT listen to that testimony, but I know the main family computer was confiscated and that's where she had downloaded the family photos.

In many corporations, companies, businesses, your employee name is that which is on your SS card, therefore HR makes the determination as to what will be on your 'official' documents, tax documents, employee liistings in directories, including e-mail. Even staff who work in IT have to go through HR to get a name change.

Uh huh, so what's that got to do that he saw a website link that was for divorce /separation checklist....that's a stretch I just can't make, sorry.

And assuming that holds true for HD I would think the IT guy would know how to do that better than anyone. Not googling it

[/U][/B]

Actually I don't think that is accurate. I believe they had money, but LH didn't feel they were ready yet. They had been homeowners in the past and she was aware of what all it entailed. Part of me thinks she didn't want to tie up all their money into an asset in case RH really blew it. I think she was well aware he never stopped sexting & *advertiser censored*, but didn't think it was physical cheating. But I think she was starting to suspect and if they did divorce a rental was a clean cut.

This all brings up a point that I think Katy made awhile ago. The DT AND the State each tried to play the question of stress both ways, understandably for each side.

The State wanted a narrative of RH escalating risky behavior and sexting and job problems in May and early June in order to set up a motive for RH wanting an escape. But...they didn't want to acknowledge RH was under any stress on June 18. LOL. (Goes to not wanting to cede a foundation for FBS).

The DT, on the other hand, wanted to downplay any stress in May (avoid motive) but presented a narrative that RH was stressed enough on June 18 to have been stricken with FBS. LOL.

The reality of what seemed to be happening in May and early June, then, was lost in a Mexican stand off between the State and DT, as it wasn't convenient to either side to put it in perspective.

May seems to have been a significant month for at least several reasons. They both had planned on having another child before Cooper was 3. It was a big deal, st least to Leanna for sure . In May Leanna told friends , though, that baby plans had to be put on hold, that it "wasn't the right time."

Also in May, not coincidentally, RH was turned down for that HD promotion , and didn't get the job at CFA. It was definitely Katy who pointed out the likelihood that Ross being assigned lead on a new project wasn't an indication of job security, but another sign HD wanted him gone.

One doesn't buy a house with that kind of handwriting on the wall, nor (responsibly) choose a financially uncertain time like that to bring another child into the world.

Reality is, Ross seemed to be failing in every area of his life. IMO, his "escalation" wasn't that so much as a deeper and deeper dive into avoidance and denial. jmo.

Presumably, we watched the same video (I've seen it more than twice). Leanna is all over Ross - rubbing his thighs, leaning/talking into his crotch, joining hands over his "package", and she most certainly stands up and places her body over his while embracing him. I couldn't help wondering what LE who were watching the two of them thought :waitasec: I suggested to the Harris', aloud, as I watched the video on my computer, "Get a room!" :blushing:

Well...with the ED and all...I guess they could've watched TV...or played gin if one of them had a deck of cards

backwards That's. ;)

Huh? Where did you get that info? That's not what Kilgore said happened (via elicited testimony).

I have heard the EXACT same thing as JDJ posted. I don't know if it was presented in the trial, but I know good and darn well that information was released in the MSM when this story broke and Leanna has acquired an attorney in the weeks after this event.

She also testified on the stand that she did not have access to family pictures (due to the police) and had to contact friends and family to send pictures so they could display them at Cooper's funeral.

Uh huh, so what's that got to do that he saw a website link that was for divorce /separation checklist....that's a stretch I just can't make, sorry.

Plus he'd been working there a year and a half IIRC....he just happens to start this process of "name change" as his double life is escalating and he's about to be fired?

What? Another incredible "coincidence"! May 9 divorce checklist.....5 weeks later his son dies...hmmm

Hi Tex. I'm just using your post to slap down my personal knowledge on this, so no offense.

I work at a Fortune 500 company like Home Depot. In order to change your name in the company system is a major deal and many, many layers of nightmare. Seriously, there are women I work with that debate taking their husband's name in marriage due to the headache it cause in the system and email servers. Kilgore was able to get one of RH's co-workers to state in testimony that RH's Home Depot email address was "Justin Harris" - signature line was "Ross". From my experience, from this testimony, it can be inferred that RH was exploring a way to get his name as "Ross Harris" in the Home Depot system, which would require HR paperwork to get the process started.

When I was in college I took glassblowing a few times and one of the furnaces we used was called a Glory Hole. I had a feeling there was another meaning to that and I didn't want to know and I don't want to know now!

I imagine that's a wise decision. Me, I'm clinging to a vision of Glory Hole being a swimming hole surrounded by morning glories. :D

I have heard the EXACT same thing as JDJ posted. I don't know if it was presented in the trial, but I know good and darn well that information was released in the MSM when this story broke and Leanna has acquired an attorney in the weeks after this event.

She also testified on the stand that she did not have access to family pictures (due to the police) and had to contact friends and family to send pictures so they could display them at Cooper's funeral.

Yes, Hope4More, http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/29/toddlers-mom-researched-hot-car-deaths/11705643/

Here is an article which states: "Earlier in the week, Cooper's family requested a flash drive of pictures of Cooper to show at the funeral. That request was denied by Cobb County police who said they needed to protect the integrity of the evidence."

Leanna referenced this in her testimony when she said she had to contact family and friends to acquire pictures for Cooper's memorial service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shhhhtheresrabbits