The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here....a teensy weensy little sliver. :D. He looked up the name change thing because (dunno, maybe he wanted his preferred name on his severance check?), but not because he knew that HR doc would pull up a divorce checklist. Who would know that?

So (here comes your sliver), he sees the divorce checklist and checks it out (did he download it? don't remember that part).

Yes, perhaps Ross the researcher looked, let's say he did. And.......?

A ha!!!!!!
So you will concede that while he is there and sees the link he clicks on it because he is curious ...divorce enters his mind...his conversations...it's good to know what kinds of things he might need should it happen and LH catches him with his Willy in a 14 yr old on their couch or something...

Ok, a sliver back in return. How do we know what else he did or didn't look at? You have to admit (ok, you don't, but it would be helpful if you did) that the State never provided context for ANY of his searches on any of his plethora of devices.

I see your sliver and raise you one...
The state doesn't have to.

Sorry, I misread the entire conversation!!! In my defense I'm riding off of 3 hours of sleep due to the major night last night. I thought JDJ said everything quoted above and you were refuting that. Carry on...

Yes, if I were Leanna I would be furious with police for being unwilling to furnish copies of my baby's pictures for his funeral.

((Group hug to those of us who need one for that which can't be discussed here))

But that's the only link during that search he clicked on....there was no others the investigators saw
He didn't go doh! I should redo that to email name change or whatever...

I swear I'm not trying to be obnoxious about this, but I will expand on my experience because I know the answer from "my world". In my world, I would do that "name change" search from my VPN, see/click the oddly named document(s) looking for the HR form, then I would remember the HR portal, where they house all the stupid HR forms. Yes, they are still on the VPN, but you have to go through a different portal to get to it. So the fact he stopped looking/clicking, tells me his next steps, which then would not include any searching, but rather a list of forms.

Yes, again, total speculation, but I know the weirdness/document hunt well.

I also know your next question, which is, "well, why was that not shown in the discovery and uncovered by Boring/Kilgore?" I work in Legal and HR production of documents is yet another world that either B/K didn't have access to or didn't know what they were looking at.

Total speculation, my opinion, my continued avoidance and denial of CNN at the moment. I will go to bed shortly :)

A ha!!!!!!
So you will concede that while he is there and sees the link he clicks on it because he is curious ...divorce enters his mind...his conversations...it's good to know what kinds of things he might need should it happen and LH catches him with his Willy in a 14 yr old on their couch or something...

I conceded one sliver, (m'am?) not the whole cake. Context matters. That's my official motto, btw. No, the State didn't have to enter the "boxes and boxes" full of the mindless pea-brained searches he made into evidence, but...

We're not talking about the State 's burden here, eh? We don't know why he looked up name change, he had no reason to know divorce stuff would pop up, and no way of knowing if he seriously looked at the checklist, or if he looked then thought...hmm, meh, nah, and went on to his next non sequitur search.

Speaking of cake. I'm firmly of the belief that man had his cake and was eating his way through a bakery of cakes, and was just fine with that situation.

Almost all evidence in crime cases is circumstantial. There are rarely videos or witnesses. You have to piece things together like a puzzle.

One coincidence.... yeah.

Two? ok.

Three.... stretching it.

More than three and my hair on the back of my neck rises.

We don't have a signed confession, or a manifesto or a witness that saw Todd look in the backseat see the child and close the door and walk away.

What we have is a lot of circumstances that all add up to????????? What?

If a crime requires evidence from a witness, or a confession or I can't even think what, everyone would be getting away with whatever they wanted to.

I went to Walmart yesterday, and the front door where I walked in actually had a real printed big sign that said Do you have a child? Make sure you didn't forget your child in the car.

This is beyond sad. I sure didn't need a sign when I was raising mine to remind me I had a child or to make sure I didn't forget her. I NEVER forgot her. EVER.

So what has changed? Why are people forgetting their kids?

They aren't. I believe that. I never ever forgot my child, and I was a single mother that was tired, and worked more than one job. Still didn't forget her.

I'm not handing out any crazy passes. There are no excuses. I don't care how tired you are. How bad your marriage is.

I was stalked by ex.

I was broke all of the time.

Never forgot my child. Sorry if I have offended any, but this is just ridiculous. This is all IMO of course..... which means nothing in this crazy world we live in now. Everyone has excuses and passes and blameless.

Oh, and now that I have 'outed' myself as a person working in a similar-sized and structured company to RH, I will add that he put in WAY more hours a day than our IT people do. It's quite gross, actually.

And one more thing I'll share about myself: Whenever I hear "Little Apron" in my mind I hear "Little Acorn" due to the whole treehouse thing. But, now I correct myself because I know the "apron" is HD brand-related. We have a "treehouse" where I work as well.

I

Total speculation, my opinion, my continued avoidance and denial of CNN at the moment. I will go to bed shortly :)

I was hoping for a verdict today because I took the day off to go to the doctor, so I will back to teaching my 7th graders tomorrow. I'm glad we didn't get it though, that would be too much to process given the shock of the past 24 hours. I found the outcome favorable, and even I'm reeling from it.

A good night's sleep is what we need to prepare us for the mental fortitude to discuss an impending verdict that may come down tomorrow.

I will look for where I saw they offered her a disc and she turned it down stating she had no computer to download them to.

Ok I'm getting closer....I'll find it....

9:35 a.m. During redirect, Stoddard says they tried to extract as many photos of Cooper as they could off Leanna's computer and gave them to her attorney before the funeral.

Oh, and now that I have 'outed' myself as a person working in a similar-sized and structured company to RH, I will add that he put in WAY more hours a day than our IT people do. It's quite gross, actually.

And one more thing I'll share about myself: Whenever I hear "Little Apron" in my mind I hear "Little Acorn" due to the whole treehouse thing. But, now I correct myself because I know the "apron" is HD brand-related. We have a "treehouse" where I work as well.

The more you talk, the more I think you actually work for Home Depot. :thinking:

I think at the end of every murder trial the defendant should have to do an OJ "if I did it this is how" book

I conceded one sliver, (m'am?) not the whole cake. Context matters. That's my official motto, btw. No, the State didn't have to enter the "boxes and boxes" full of the mindless pea-brained searches he made into evidence, but...

We're not talking about the State 's burden here, eh? We don't know why he looked up name change, he had no reason to know divorce stuff would pop up, and no way of knowing if he seriously looked at the checklist, or if he looked then thought...hmm, meh, nah, and went on to his next non sequitur search.

Speaking of cake. I'm firmly of the belief that man had his cake and was eating his way through a bakery of cakes, and was just fine with that situation.

Yeah I agree with you :), if he had just gotten on the stand we coulda asked him

RSBM - I have never met a man that didn't cheat, so my expectations are low for men. "Cake-eaters all of them!!" I always say.

Just kidding, of course. Kind of ...

Almost all evidence in crime cases is circumstantial. There are rarely videos or witnesses. You have to piece things together like a puzzle.

One coincidence.... yeah.

Two? ok.

Three.... stretching it.

More than three and my hair on the back of my neck rises.

We don't have a signed confession, or a manifesto or a witness that saw Todd look in the backseat see the child and close the door and walk away.

What we have is a lot of circumstances that all add up to????????? What?

If a crime requires evidence from a witness, or a confession or I can't even think what, everyone would be getting away with whatever they wanted to.

I went to Walmart yesterday, and the front door where I walked in actually had a real printed big sign that said Do you have a child? Make sure you didn't forget your child in the car.

This is beyond sad. I sure didn't need a sign when I was raising mine to remind me I had a child or to make sure I didn't forget her. I NEVER forgot her. EVER.

So what has changed? Why are people forgetting their kids?

They aren't. I believe that. I never ever forgot my child, and I was a single mother that was tired, and worked more than one job. Still didn't forget her.

I'm not handing out any crazy passes. There are no excuses. I don't care how tired you are. How bad your marriage is.

I was stalked by ex.

I was broke all of the time.

Never forgot my child. Sorry if I have offended any, but this is just ridiculous. This is all IMO of course..... which means nothing in this crazy world we live in now. Everyone has excuses and passes and blameless.

I completely agree with you about the coincidences. One, two, three coincidences, ok, but 109 coincidences, no. (I'm being hyperbolic with the number).

As a mother of three, I understand that we naturally find it hard to believe someone could forget their kid in the car. However, I think there are some examples of legitimately forgetting a child to die in a car. Basically, the events that transpired were those of a perfect storm. Distracted and stressed parent, completely out of his routine with child ((whom he rarely takes to daycare) strapped in the back row of a van, drives normal routine way to work and completely forgets to drop his child off at daycare. I can see it happening, but I know I will never let it happen to me. It truly is fear of mine (because of this case), each day after I drop my son off at daycare, I look in my review mirror at the exact same spot one block from the school (I'm a teacher) with a pit in my stomach--just to make sure he's not there. I also put my teacher bag on the floor right in front of the car seat so I have to open his door (where his seat is) to get my bag.

See what people with a real fear of something do?

For the record, Ross did not have the perfect storm. He actually had the perfect situation: beautiful wife, beautiful child, promising career, a job with awesome flexibility and little demands that he be seemingly completely unproductive and still bank 60k a year, and he had loads of women interested in him.

Objection: calls for speculation. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, there is no evidence at all that indicated he even cared if his name read "Justin Harris" in his email.

What we do know:
-he worked at HD nearly two years and his name still read "Justin Harris" (why not a problem before would it be a problem now?---we can't jump to this newfound conclusion without evidence)
- he was trying to get out of the company and was (I think that day even) waiting on results from CFA corporate (which means he probably wasn't worried about minor human resources-related issues that he intended to be rid of in the near future anyways).
-he was reading something connected to a divorce checklist
-he complained regularly about being married

About complaining regularly about being married.

Being earnest here. I have no knowledge of how cheaters go about being cheaters anywhere, much less in a vast online world, though I'm sure opportunities must abound there.

So, what would a cheater say online to hookup for sexting or whatever? I think it's weird he ever told anyone he was married. Why do that? Especially if all contact is only online? But, ok, he does.

What, who is going to believe a man who says he's happily married, but yo, can you please send me a pic of your whatnot?

Am I just too geriatric to understand all this, because otherwise, yah, it makes sense to me a cheating would be telling his potential hookups yah, marriage sucks

About complaining regularly about being married.

Being earnest here. I have no knowledge of how cheaters go about being cheaters anywhere, much less in a vast online world, though I'm sure opportunities must abound there.

So, what would a cheater say online to hookup for sexting or whatever? I think it's weird he ever told anyone he was married. Why do that? Especially if all contact is only online? But, ok, he does.

What, who is going to believe a man who says he's happily married, but yo, can you please send me a pic of your whatnot?

Am I just too geriatric to understand all this, because otherwise, yah, it makes sense to me a cheating would be telling his potential hookups yah, marriage sucks
They say guys in bars with wedding bands get hit on more than those that don't. Same theory maybe? It's dangerous and naughty and a risky adrenaline thing?

Lol, Finally. Sleep well when you're finally able, and as Scarlett O'Hara once said - tomorrow is another day. Only 4 more years and a few handfuls of weeks to go. :)

Here....a teensy weensy little sliver. :D. He looked up the name change thing because (dunno, maybe he wanted his preferred name on his severance check?), but not because he knew that HR doc would pull up a divorce checklist. Who would know that?

So (here comes your sliver), he sees the divorce checklist and checks it out (did he download it? don't remember that part).

Yes, perhaps Ross the researcher looked, let's say he did. And.......?

I'm not married but sometimes I look at stuff on the internet that is for married people. I'm just curious at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname