Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

I don't understand only having anger towards the internet, and not to the actual people who took his wife. I'm sure it's been an emotional rollercoaster, but I just get the feeling they know who and why. Not that it makes them victims any less.

I can completely understand. They are frightened to death by the kidnappers and have only disdain for the trolls.

"When pressed on whether Papini herself had given detectives any theories as to why she thought was abducted, Sheriff Bosenko said: 'The victim may not know the reason why, so we don't know, at this stage of the investigation, the reason or a motive.'"

He says she MAY not know she the reason why. That's evasive. Like everything else the sheriff has said. IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-captors-dumped-roadside.html#ixzz4RbjRYnJl

Agree. I know that if I'm kidnapped, the question I will ask every chance I get will be, "Why did you do this - what is it that you want?" And I don't expect that over three weeks time my captors would just beat me and not bother to say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to this forum :) As a stay at home mom and jogger, I have followed this case closely since Sherri Papini first disappeared.<modsnip>

Cameron Gamble also did an interview with his wife after Sherri was found stating he hoped to expand his business and believes he was an important part of bringing her home.

Is this new info? (From the dm link above)

"Keith Papini reveals in a new interview that passing motorists refused to stop and help his wife Sherri when she was released from captivity

He said his wife screamed so loudly trying to get help that she began coughing up blood"

How hard does a person have to scream to cough up blood? I sang in a heavy metal band for 7 years. I can scream, and I have never coughed up blood. I've never heard of that. Can any of the medical pros here enlighten me?

&#10084;

If her health was already compromised, I imagine it might be possible. However, I have a hard time deducting why she wasn't in the hospital longer given the details of her state of health, malnutrition and the extent of the injuries described.

It could be set to Secret Board or just deleted.
I'm not finding her spapini account anymore but it looks like her boards, minus the 2 in question, have been consolidated into what used to be KP's board under the username Tcash

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

One scenario would be to stop the car, reach across and open the car door, cut the restraint then push the victim out as you pull away...

and crossing your fingers and wishing your victim won't slam the honk with her one freed hand while you go around and open the car door??? smh

If her health was already compromised, I imagine it might be possible. However, I have a hard time deducting why she wasn't in the hospital longer given the details of her state of health, malnutrition and the extent of the injuries described.

Nurses and previous victims have explained that it's not unusual.

@ SZ37, welcome.

and that's why I asked upthread about a bethel discussion. it might be the wrong path to go down, but sleuthing this church i'm finding some interesting information...I see you did as well...

The Alter Ego board is gone as well. Maybe when that article highlighting them was published someone had her take them down?

then most probable the Black Hat Society board is gone as well.

There is something called "vocal cord hemorrhage" that can occur from screaming or otherwise overtaxing the vocal cords (singers get it sometimes):

http://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Vocal-Hemorrhage.aspx

It's not the same as coughing up blood from the lungs and it doesn't necessarily require hospitalization.

Not necessarily, but that combined with extensive injuries, burns, malnutrition, exhaustion and emotional trauma... I have a hard time believing she wouldn't be kept even purely just based on the risk of infection. I don't know. It's possible, I guess. I just don't think it was a good move on anyone's part.

RBBM

I don't understand only having anger towards the internet, and not to the actual people who took his wife. I'm sure it's been an emotional rollercoaster, but I just get the feeling they know who and why. Not that it makes them victims any less.

I get that feeling too, Luna. It's as if that part of the event has gone away and now it's the next chapter. If this has happened in my life my main focus, other than my wife's recovery, would be to find who did this to her and make sure that my family is safe! If you didn't know who and why wouldn't that be your biggest fear? You've opened your life up to the world and the perps are running free, they know everything about you! That would send me into hiding.

"At the end of the day, it's not my job to bring justice to these individuals," he said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/ma...402184925.html

This statement floors me. I understand that he is being protective of his wife..
But I would think that Sherri would feel much better once the captors are caught. I would imagine that until they are behind bars, that she'll have an awful time recovering.
Why would he make a statement like this...which actually works against that goal?!
Why wouldn't he make catching the abductors a priority- not only to protect his family but to protect his community?
I have several ideas as to why, but will hold on expressing them.

Also, someone inquired here re: YOLO County call logs. I just contacted the Yolo dispatch to see if that info is online somewhere, as I could not find it. The gal I spoke with said one can obtain a copy of a log(s) by completing a records request form:
http://www.yolo911.org
In sum, I do not think the crime/dispatch logs are available online like they are in Shasta County.

Also: Sis w/ CHP via Sac has not received anything within her dept email re: Papini since she first went missing. But, she may not get every BOLO out there, FWIW. Especially since the vehicle/perp description is so vague, I understand why one wouldn't be released in the first place I suppose.

Also: I just noticed I say also too much

Oh, I definitely assumed as much. Just noting that I appreciate their efforts and those that have managed to maintain a reasonable line of discussion.

Great post! I agree that this is sort of looking like it was set up to look like a hate crime, but may well be a hate crime (in itself) of a different ilk......time will tell. I think LE may be investigating that possibility. JMO

and crossing your fingers and wishing your victim won't slam the honk with her one freed hand while you go around and open the car door??? smh

Her hands were chained to her waist IIRC. Then she was also chained to something in the car. If the car stopped, the driver reaches across the hooded, chained victim...opens passenger door...then cuts the restraint that holds her in the car. Then the hooded, hands chained victim is pushed out of the car as the driver pulls away. Which is what my post speculated as one way it could have occurred. Smdh

I don't understand the husbands continuous sharing of all the horrible details with the world. Every interview there is something new. It seems very emotionally disconnected..and so soon...and awful..my sister was killed by a drunk driver and it took months for me to even talk to the news..And i could barely find my words.

Sheriff said yesterday that they are still unaware of motive. If Sherri is unaware of the motive for her abduction, she certainly was not trafficked! JMO And not told by abductors what their purpose was. Bizarro.

That's a really good point.

This whole case is a Lifetime movie, which I'm sure is being written as we speak.

My gosh you're right. I've watched a few in the last several months and they're always so convoluted and far fetched. Now we have one in real life. Ugh.

The things about human traffickers is, they target girls who won't be missed. And the girls usually go with them voluntarily at first, then are encouraged to become addicted to drugs and cut off from friends and family...

These girls, if they are even lucky enough to be reported missing, do not get any national press coverage and do not get multiple threads on websleuths. They are dismissed as "runaways", or illegal immigrants, or drug-addicts. That's how the traffickers get away with it.

Sex traffickers wouldn't touch women like SP with a barge-pole because it would bring LE knocking on their door. Why would they take the risk of abducting random random joggers when they are so many vulnerable young girls who will not be missed?

And even if they did somehow accidentally kidnap her because they mistook her for a young girl who would not be missed, they would release (or kill) her as soon as the media frenzy began to kick off and they realised their mistake, not keep her for 3 whole weeks.

All just MOO. :moo: :moo:

I totally agree. They know who to target. They have a feel for it. And not only would they not target a woman like SP because of the strenuous efforts to find her and apprehend the perps, but she would not be controllable. A middle class white woman aged 34 is not going to be as easy to control as a drug addict, teenager, foreigner, someone who is poorer and less aware of their rights and more used to being oppressed, etc.

But like I said before, this case is so odd nothing would surprise me. Maybe, just maybe, it was a kidnapping by drug addicts or low-level criminals who wanted to "move up" to a more serious crime, and make money, but didn't really know how? I know that's a far out theory but I've seen a few people suggest something similar and at this point, I;m running out of options.

BBM

FOIA request to LE would clear this part up. With a high profile case like this, I'm really surprised no one in the media has requested the 911 recordings.

I think that only applies to federal information. So we would have to see if the state has such a law (I don;t know) and then from what I know, any information that could compromise an investigation is able to be held back/sealed and not released.

I haven't and this is some of what I'd hoped would be provided yesterday. To say she was targeted doesn't, IMO, help people in the community relax and they will probably be suspicious of every dark SUV they see.

SP must have given them some clue about how she was taken and how her phone was left where it was. Why wouldn't LE share that with us? Don't open your door to strangers, for instance, or don't stop for vehicles that appear to be broken down? Don't turn off your phone. Whatever. Something. Reassure us or warn us.

I realize now that LE can't release much because they need to be able to see if any witness comes forward or suspect who starts to talk, matches what they know. If that info is released, then they can't say, "Oh, this person knows details that the public is unaware of, so they're credible."

Off topic. ..sitting at hospital waiting on n my grandson to arrive. Thanks everyone for keeping this discussion going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wow!! I hope that means congratulations are in order!!! :fireworks::lamb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members