Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new info? (From the dm link above)

"Keith Papini reveals in a new interview that passing motorists refused to stop and help his wife Sherri when she was released from captivity

He said his wife screamed so loudly trying to get help that she began coughing up blood"

How hard does a person have to scream to cough up blood? I sang in a heavy metal band for 7 years. I can scream, and I have never coughed up blood. I've never heard of that. Can any of the medical pros here enlighten me?

❤

I looked it up and if you use your voice too much you can get a vocal cord haemorrhage. You're supposed to rest your voice completely to allow it to heal, otherwise you can get permanent vocal chord scarring. Perhaps this is why Sherri has not been able to give many details to LE yet.

"At the end of the day, it's not my job to bring justice to these individuals," he said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/ma...402184925.html

This statement floors me. I understand that he is being protective of his wife.. But I would think that Sherri would feel much better once the captors are caught. I would imagine that until they are behind bars, that she'll have an awful time recovering.
A statement like this certainly isn't going to motivate LE to work harder.
Why would he do anything to prevent the captors from being caught?!
I have some thoughts but will not go there....

Because of why she was taken!

They dont want it to come to light!

JMO

Hate crime!

I don't understand the husbands continuous sharing of all the horrible details with the world. Every interview there is something new. It seems very emotionally disconnected..and so soon...and awful..my sister was killed by a drunk driver and it took months for me to even talk to the news..And i could barely find my words.

so sorry for your loss....

Im struggling with media TV show doing an interview and 4 hours worth in talking to husband. If LE is needing to keep things hush to protect the investigation then LE is probably not very happy about a 4 hour interview from MSM.

There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Would LE want to reinterview the husband and wife and try to get more information since MSM is getting more information.

It also seems like LE would want to reinterview them to help explain to them how it hurts their investigation. They may not realize how harmful it is to the investigation to do MSM interviews.

Maybe the money offered for the interview was so large that family decided to do it.

It just seems like LE and family are taking two different paths and not working together much or if at all at this point anymore.

I'm new to this forum :) As a stay at home mom and jogger, I have followed this case closely since Sherri Papini first disappeared. <modsnip>

Cameron Gamble also did an interview with his wife after Sherri was found stating he hoped to expand his business and believes he was an important part of bringing her home.

I'm thanking this post even knowing it might go poof at any moment.

I don't understand the husbands continuous sharing of all the horrible details with the world. Every interview there is something new. It seems very emotionally disconnected..and so soon...and awful..my sister was killed by a drunk driver and it took months for me to even talk to the news..And i could barely find my words.

This may be a reaction to LE not believing her account. He is trying to bolster her story by giving details about her injuries, and going straight to the public.

Because of why she was taken!

They dont want it to come to light!

JMO

Hate crime!

LE certainly has been investigating the family for weeks. Shouldn't any monetary, drug or sex motive have been discovered by LE?

Also, someone inquired here re: YOLO County call logs. I just contacted the Yolo dispatch to see if that info is online somewhere, as I could not find it. The gal I spoke with said one can obtain a copy of a log(s) by completing a records request form:
http://www.yolo911.org
In sum, I do not think the crime/dispatch logs are available online like they are in Shasta County.

Also: Sis w/ CHP via Sac has not received anything within her dept email re: Papini since she first went missing. But, she may not get every BOLO out there, FWIW

Also: I just noticed I say also too much

Dispatch logs are available via broadcastify.com but 911 are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sheriff did say that there are pieces of the puzzle that he is not sharing
I hope they are big pieces that make everything fit together.

I don't think there is much more information to come from Sherri
I hope there is a lot of DNA evidence to be had

If no DNA and no good information that is private, i feel there will be no solution to this
Eventually media interest will die off if there is no new news

"At the end of the day, it's not my job to bring justice to these individuals," he said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/ma...402184925.html

This statement floors me. I understand that he is being protective of his wife.. But I would think that Sherri would feel much better once the captors are caught. I would imagine that until they are behind bars, that she'll have an awful time recovering.
A statement like this certainly isn't going to motivate LE to work harder.
Why would he do anything to prevent the captors from being caught?!
I have some thoughts but will not go there....

Well, let's be clear. He's not saying that the perpetrators should not be brought to justice. He's just saying that it's not his job. First and foremost, he wants to bring the victim home. While we may disagree with his methods (and, yes, they may do more harm than good), we'd have to agree that bringing Sherri home alive is more important than catching the abductors. I think that's where he's coming from.

Forgive me for just jumping in here. I've been a longtime reader here and have followed the discussions through several cases, starting with Mickey Shunick who was from my hometown. I spent much of my night last night and some of my morning reading from (I think) thread 8 on this case.

And really, I want to take a moment before discussing anything else to just applaud this entire community for the nature of conversation regarding SP. I haven't seen one anywhere else that is this respectful and open minded about the case regardless of opinion.

Sherri's disappearance was brought to my attention by a close friend of mine. She lives in Redding (though I don't believe she knows this family personally) and has posted about it quite a bit on facebook. I was... confused, I suppose, when I followed a link she posted leading to the anonymous ransom offer. That seemed unusual to me and raised some red flags. However, I was thrilled when SP was found. I'm a mother of young children and can only imagine the fear hers were feeling while she was gone. Red flags went up again though for me after reading her husband's statement about her appearance, the online rumors, etc. Until that time, I had never heard mention anywhere that SP's abduction was staged in any way, and actually, I had to spend a great deal of time looking for the kind of rhettoric mentioned in that statement. I did come across some incindiery comments on Reddit and another forum, but it confused me that such a strong statement was made against what looked to me like such a comparitively small group of people. Perhaps there are larger discussions that I didn't see that he was alerted to. Still, it seemed odd. That said, people all react differently to emotional situations so I'm trying to withhold speculation there.

I do think though that the nature of that statement was strangely peppered with wordage associated with sensationalist reporting or the kind of highly descriptive writing authors or professional writers use. It was almost... overly descriptive.

I suppose it doesn't help (for me personally) that I've been writing a novel for several years and the description he gave of SP was eerily similar to one I gave a fictional character following an abduction/period of captivity/eventual release. Right down to the way he described her "signature" blond hair being chopped off. It was bizarre to read these details written about a real life person when I dreamed up a similar scenario for a fictional, fantasy/adventure narrative. I'm not saying in the least that this means the man is lying or wrong or misleading in any capacity. It simply added to my personal curiosity about the case in its entirety.

Since I've begun researching, there have been several details of this case that I find perplexing... some of them only slightly, but some are harder to wrap my head around. I have always wondered, for example, why the vast majority of pictures released to media during her disappearance were SEVERAL years old. It was something my friend mentioned in her first post about the case saying something like "I'm attaching a more recent picture to this. Not sure why they're using this one from 2009."

I'm highly confused about motive. I've read all the statements and theories about trafficking and/or gang initiation and I just can't find any solid ground to stand on with those. Neither SP or the nature of the abduction/release fits the profiling for either of those things. I'm not discounting them entirely, just not sold on either.

I'm also not buying the hate crime theory... though I wouldn't be surprised if it were supposed to look that way. I don't want to elaborate much here.

Most of the information received from LE makes it at least sound like SP did not know her abductors, but there could be connections found later or current leads that they don't want to give away.

The hoax theory's biggest hole is SP's injuries, though I don't think those discount the idea entirely. Especially since she wasn't admitted to the hospital. That doesn't seem to jive well with the husband's gruesome description.

I suppose only time will tell. I can say honestly that this is the most unusual and (in a lot of ways) unique case I've ever followed. There are a lot of questions to be asked and I'm impressed with the way that's been executed on this forum. Personally, I feel like something is off with this case.
Personally, I feel like that was a great post ! Welcome!

It's important that she be cast in the best light possible now that the money train is coming. And it's no coincidence that every new poster here talks about one red flag after another. That's all this case is ... A HUGE RED FLAG.

Money train.....that gets me. All the interviews and publicity. She's been home just one week...... I also see KP compromising the investigation with all the information he has been releasing contradictory to protecting SP from being attacked from these people again.

This may be a reaction to LE not believing her account. He is trying to bolster her story by giving details about her injuries, and going straight to the public.
I have not read that the police do not believe her.
all this media time he should also be talking about finding the evil people who did this and getting the pubilcs help on finding them. He does not show any anger towards her captors. It's all so strange..

Getting ready to open a new thread in a minute. This thread will be closing. FYI. Hang on for link to new thread.

RBBM

I don't understand only having anger towards the internet, and not to the actual people who took his wife. I'm sure it's been an emotional rollercoaster, but I just get the feeling they know who and why. Not that it makes them victims any less.

Deflection.

Is there any evidence that money exchanged hands? Or is this pure conjecture? Just wondering.
It would be a joint task force used to trace the money, starting with the bank the funds were withdrawn from. The FBI, DOJ, FINRA, etc would all be involved.

Im struggling with media TV show doing an interview and 4 hours worth in talking to husband. If LE is needing to keep things hush to protect the investigation then LE is probably not very happy about a 4 hour interview from MSM.

There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Would LE want to reinterview the husband and wife and try to get more information since MSM is getting more information.

It also seems like LE would want to reinterview them to help explain to them how it hurts their investigation. They may not realize how harmful it is to the investigation to do MSM interviews.

Maybe the money offered for the interview was so large that family decided to do it.

It just seems like LE and family are taking two different paths and not working together much or if at all at this point anymore.

ABC no longer pays for ANY interviews... not on 20/20 or any other programs:

http://www.poynter.org/2011/abc-ends-checkbook-journalism-will-no-longer-pay-for-interviews/140596/

Law enforcement has all the details of her injuries in evidence.They wouldn't need to get that info from keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500