Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the coughing up blood was from her broken nose if that occurred after getting pushed out of the vehicle. JMO A broken nose always causes a lot of blood and it will get swallowed and caught in the airway.
Good point! My nose used to bleed on occasion, and would start back up again from a sneeze.
A family member was visiting our house. She had bronchitis and was coughing a lot. She started coughing up blood one evening, and we rushed her to the ER. They treated her with a stronger antibiotic and stronger cough suppressants. But they were not at all alarmed by the blood. The doctor scoped down throat and said it was coming from a popped blood vessel in her throat, and was common with coughing fits.
Adding, she was choking on the blood in the beginning, it was so much. Seemed like a cup or more in the bathroom sink. It was better by the time we were at the ER. But she was in and out of the ER in 2-3 hours, even with testing and such. I felt like she was very ill from the bronichitis, but was not kept overnight.

All signs point to LE not believing her version of events, despite what they may say publicly. You see KP's frustration in going public with details that it seems LE would rather him not to have. This is not cooperating with LE.
That would certainly explain what seems to be his need to justify/confirm her story to the public

❤

OT my niece gave birth last night to a little girl. ��

I suspect that KP is defending his wife's honor (and his own) from the continuing accusations of "hoax" on the internet and elsewhere, because he is perceiving that LE's statements are not sufficient to do that. It's very noble, I guess, but if he hinders the investigation and the criminals cannot be caught, it's not quite so noble for society and others who might be victimized by these miscreants.

True. But in Keith's defense, he's probably not sitting still and thinking rationally like the rest of us. ;)

It truly bothers me that there has been a social media cleanup. Its almost like they are saying 'Nope. Nothing to see here! No sir. Nothing but good, supermommy stuff.'

I can tell you that if I was in the middle of a medical/mental crisis, my husband would not be worried about my Pinterest boards.

I have a question!

Is it possible LE has NOT been able to sit and talk to her face to face

All signs point to LE not believing her version of events, despite what they may say publicly. You see KP's frustration in going public with details that it seems LE would rather him not to have. This is not cooperating with LE.

Just seems counterintuitive in my opinion. Catching the perps and getting them off the street would put to rest all the speculation. I would think KP's efforts would be geared towards helping that cause if he felt so strongly the need to defend the story. But this is just my opinion, everyone acts/thinks differently especially when experiencing such trauma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely post.

I know that I have been wrong on several cases when hubbys are involved.

And you are right.

Because its human nature to speculate.

But we sometimes have to be careful of downright besmirching others that actually may be 1000% innocent.

So at least we have terrific mods and staff on board here to try and keep things respectful while still allowing us armchair detectives to offer some speculative opinions.

But still. Great post and I agree.

Definitely the mods do a great job, no doubt. I think sometimes a post can sit within the TOS technically but still infer things outside of the TOS. Little terrors ;)

I should clarify that I wasn't trying to moderate anyone with my post, just gently trying to suggest a little bit of self-moderation from everyone :)

:loveyou:

It truly bothers me that there has been a social media cleanup. Its almost like they are saying 'Nope. Nothing to see here! No sir. Nothing but good, supermommy stuff.'

I can tell you that if I was in the middle of a medical/mental crisis, my husband would not be worried about my Pinterest boards.
Yes, that strikes me as odd, too. I'm curious to see if anything else disappears from sm

❤

;)

Maybe I should rephrase that: Is there a GOOD (helpful, fruitful, victim-friendly & non-lurid) reason the PI and others are still bringing it up?

Depends on your definition of good, maybe? But no good reason I can think of. What would be the point? She's getting plenty of sympathy and being treated well, the case is getting a lot of attention, no one is denying she's been through a traumatic experience, and I don't see how labelling the women in the SUV (without more information) would help catch them.

Maybe to incite more fear in the community, or convince other people it could happen to them, to keep the women extra mysterious and dangerous. But... why would those things be good?

Can you think of anything?

I applaud your courage, atothem. And I'm sorry you went through such an awful experience. As for Keith, I don't think his actions stem from grief. I think they arise from a sense of injustice. He is reacting to the vicious rumors and innuendo in social media and on-line sleuthing sites.

I'd like to think Keith has more important things to attend to, than reading comments on social media sites. Perhaps it's LE questionings that's making him feel defensive? idk It's curious all around. Even as a fact-based sleuther, I can't shake the feeling of whoa, that's tmi.

That would certainly explain what seems to be his need to justify/confirm her story to the public

❤

He would only have to do that if LE was expressing any doubts in public. But LE has supported his statements. So, he's not answering them. He's answering the people who've been making unsubstantiated and reckless claims about his family. That makes a lot more sense. It certainly is corroborated by the statement Keith put out. Do you think he'd fabricate the evidence knowing that LE has access to all the medical and LE reports? I'm not saying that Keith, in his emotional state, would not embellish a bit. But I doubt he'd tell a story contrary to the facts which can be verified.

While typing here.

I just seen Keith on 20/20 doing an exclusive interview.

Is this new? Didn't he do Good Morning America?

His wife wants privacy and he has said his peace.

So is he going to continue a world tour on national TV while his wife just wants to keep things off the grid for now while the detectives try and catch said perps?

Has Keith offered a reward on Good Morning America and 20/20 as of yet?

KP seems fiercely protective of his wife. I do wonder if he can't bear the thought of her [potentially] having been trafficked and doesn't want her to be looked at differently by society. Wants to protect her 'honor'.

..."It just doesn't sound like a "random" abduction to me..."

The FBI Agent who was interviewed on Good Morning America was asked by George Stephanopoulos if he felt this abduction was random or targeted. The Agent emphatically stated they (FBI) feels it was a random event. Perhaps that info. is based on information SP has provided, but is being withheld from the public.

This account is even more dramatic (her hair being "shaved off" and coughing up blood):

In a sit-down with ABC’s 20/20, Papini’s husband, Keith, said Papini’s captors pushed her out of a vehicle with a chain around her waist and a bag over her head on the day of her release.
They left her on the side of a road, badly beaten and bruised, her hair shaved off and her body branded, he said.
“She screamed so much, she’s coughing up blood from the screaming trying to get somebody to stop,” Keith Papini said.
“And again, just another sign of how my wife is, she’s so wonderful. She’s saying, ‘Well, maybe people aren’t stopping because I have a chain that looks like I broke out of prison,’ so she tried to tuck in her chain under her clothes.”

http://people.com/crime/investigato...-motive-behind-sherri-papini-kidnapping-case/

Yes is there any reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspects?

... unless people were scrutinizing every little thing on her social media and rumor-mongering with it. (Imagine that!) Then it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member