Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that is haunting me. It was first raised by a commenter named Monica on YouTube; she gets the credit for it..

Background: In Project Taken's many videos and podcasts, a number of women tell of their abductions by a stalker or other creepy guy -- singular. In what I think is the most widely watched PT video, posted to Vimeo in January 2013, a fictional woman is grabbed and kidnapped by a guy -- singular -- who thought she had insulted him. Overall, CG/PT's videos and podcasts have always reflected the fact that many, probably most, random kidnappings of pretty women from public places are done by sole perpetrators acting alone.

Fast forward to November 22 of this year: That day CG makes a video outreach to SP's kidnappers -- plural. He refers to them numerous times in the plural. The link follows below. The question that Monica raises (she is the second commenter in the link) is: What made CG think SP was taken by multiple perps? As I understand it, we didn't know about the two Hispanic women until the morning of the 24th. Does anyone have an answer?

Link: [video=youtube;Mu4mjpWpaY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4mjpWpaY8[/video]

That is interesting. Gamble makes false claims in his own missionary bio, and that's a red flag going forward. At best, he's a shameless self-promoter.
a

I have another question:

Is it at all known if SP, at any time in her life, dated Hispanic men?

[video=twitter;804286221161631744]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/804286221161631744[/video]

Whew. Finally caught up. So, in a nutshell, it's been 10 days since Sherri's reappearance and all we have *still* is two hispanic females, one curly hair, one straight, one younger, one older, one thin eyebrows, one thick eyebrows, pierced ears, abducted Sherri on Nov 2nd, released her on Thanksgiving, treated for minor injuries, released from hospital. And lots and lots of assumptions and theories about what happened in between. Oh, and no motive.

I hope LE is able to tell us something about this case someday because this kind of limbo isn't ideal for anyone. Except, perhaps, the perp.

Yes, it is interesting since I see no way that ABC can vet them without going through the authorities.

The point I'm making is I really want to know how that information could be vetted without going through law enforcement...and there's no mention of LE vetting it at all. If media can't provide a source for how they vetted this, why is it being deemed reliable?

BTW, I'm not saying SP wrote the blogs at all. If this guy said he vetted it and she did write them, I'd ask the same question because it is not something that can be done so easily. This is something that should be fact-checked as it could potentially play into a motive, so forgive me if I'm not willing to give a corespondent the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know how ABC vetted that info but the Daily Mail interviewed her ex-husband who said she did not write the blog. She has not seen her ex in 6 years according to the Sheriff on 20/20 last night and her ex husband is Jewish according to that tweet by ABC. It's not hard to guess that one of ABC's sources for vetting that she did not write it is her ex-husband and perhaps also the Hispanic man she dated for several years, both of whom would have no reason to lie about something like that. JMO.

Here's the link to the DM article with quotes from her ex-husband: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html

[video=twitter;804286221161631744]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/804286221161631744[/video]

J****** D****** @******D******
Why isn't the media asking about #sherripapini 's white supremacist leanings & past fake kidnapping?? It's all over Reddit. #truestory

Matt Gutman ✔ @mattgutmanABC
@JessicaDickman1 @ABC2020 @ABCWorldNews we vetted the "blogs" -they're fake. Her 1st marriage was to Jewish man + dated Hispanic man for yrs
11:29 AM - 1 Dec 2016

Thanks Gardenista (dogrescuer and cady) This is what the tweet says. Some can't read embedded tweets for some reason.

I have not seen any reporter ask that or any answer to that. Living in CA, it would surprise me if SP doesn't know at least some Spanish words and phrases. JMO.

Rodriguez is a Hispanic last name. IIRC that's the last name of KP's mom's boyfriend.

"a piece of discarded cloth." <<< snipping from the interview

Right. Not sure what you are getting at? That could be any type or size cloth that her captors left within arms length of her while she was shackled.

Jmo
I think he knew she was alive!
He told his children she would be back Thanksgiving!

He seemed very sure she was abducted the minute he arrived home!

What was going on the weeks and days before she went missing?
Does she go places with friends? Zumba?
Aerobics. Lunch with any girlfriends?
Does she have girlfriends?

Just questions
And
just my opinion

Yes, it is interesting since I see no way that ABC can vet them without going through the authorities.

The point I'm making is I really want to know how that information could be vetted without going through law enforcement...and there's no mention of LE vetting it at all. If media can't provide a source for how they vetted this, why is it being deemed reliable?

BTW, I'm not saying SP wrote the blogs at all. If this guy said he vetted it and she did write them, I'd ask the same question because it is not something that can be done so easily. This is something that should be fact-checked as it could potentially play into a motive, so forgive me if I'm not willing to give a corespondent the benefit of the doubt.
Major news organizations take great pains to verify information. More so because they have a reputation to uphold. False or misleading information is anathema to them. Major news organizations also have the financial resources to do the job. I believe, based on what I've read, that ABC News would have in-house tools and, if necessary, would hire consultants or outside experts to "vet" social media content. It would be a shock if they did not, in this day and age. So, the reporter is asserting that ABC News put the blog through the vetting process. He shared the results. I don't see a reason to be skeptical at this point.

I don't know how ABC vetted that info but the Daily Mail interviewed her ex-husband who said she did not write the blog. She has not seen her ex in 6 years according to the Sheriff on 20/20 last night and he is Jewish according to that tweet by ABC. It's not hard to guess that one of ABC's sources for vetting that she did not write it is her ex-husband and perhaps also the Hispanic man she dated for several years, both of whom would have no reason to lie about something like that. JMO.

Here's the link to the DM article with quotes from her ex-husband: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...usband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html

Her ex said it was a prank by someone in high school...but it didn't exist when she was in high school. It wasn't until years later, so how can that be considered reliable? As far as a Hispanic man, this reporter's tweet is the first I've ever heard of it and I hope he's vetted that because he could be causing Sherri more harm than good otherwise.

The point about the blog and it being vetted by the corespondent is he would need to have a warrant to vet that information...or confirmation from the LEA that obtained the warrant.

This is a great point and from experience I totally agree.

I had friends in school who were from another country and spoke arabic and when I would visit their home I would surprise them by understanding certain subjects and terms they were talking about.

It totally floored them how I caught on to what they were discussing.
And I definitely did not have any training in arabic. :)

This! We grew up speaking Spanish in our home. Most of our friends know quite a bit of Spanish just from spending time at our house over the years. I hope she was able to hear things that will help LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmo
I think he knew she was alive!
He told his children she would be back Thanksgiving!

He seemed very sure she was abducted the minute he arrived home!

What was going on the weeks and days before she went missing?
Does she go places with friends? Zumba?
Aerobics. Lunch with any girlfriends?
Does she have girlfriends?

Just questions
And
just my opinion

BBM. Apparently her whole family knew she was alive and out of the area very shortly after she went missing. I don't know what led them to believe that, but it surely came from some family knowledge about something or someone.

Major news organizations take great pains to verify information. More so because they have a reputation to uphold. False or misleading information is anathema to them. Major news organizations also have the financial resources to do the job. I believe, based on what I've read, that ABC News would have in-house tools and, if necessary, would hire consultants or outside experts to "vet" social media content. It would be a shock if they did not, in this day and age. So, the reporter is asserting that ABC News put the blog through the vetting process. He shared the results. I don't see a reason to be skeptical at this point.

I hope that you are correct. The word MG used was "blogs" so were all of her online writings vetted, or just the 2003 one? I have no idea. JMO

My questions would be
If she held a scrap of cloth like a baby why couldn't she take the pillowcase off her head? I wonder how she was bound and covered.
When they cut her hair, was her head still covered? Did the sweep
up the hair and take it or leave it on the floor?
How fast was the car going when she was pushed out?
Who was the branding measage for and why does it not clue into if this was random or targeted?

if anyone can help me find links to those answers it would be appreciated.

residues of the chopped hair stuck to her shirt?
tdna from the discarded cloth found on her fingers?
traces found on her feet or shoes?

BBM. Apparently her whole family knew she was alive and out of the area very shortly after she went missing. I don't know what led them to believe that, but it surely came from some family knowledge about something or someone.

Isn't that what LE tentatively concluded after conducting searches, that she was probably out of the area?

What do you mean by "trimm "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ppl get paid a lot of money to trimm the harvest of the pot plants they use scissors to cut the pods off.
I'm not saying they did this but it's a very popular side side job with good pay.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gregjrichards
"At one point during her horrifying 22 days spent in captivity, Sherri Papini tried to find a moment of peace from just a piece of discarded cloth.

The mother-of-two rolled the cloth up and pretended it was her two-year-old daughter Violet, rocking it as if it was her baby girl."

RSBM

Question: why in the world would two kidnappers allow their hostage to keep a piece of discarded cloth?
Weren't they afraid she can choke/strangle one of them? or out of pain and despair hang herself???

I tried to see the softer side of that detail, but just couldn't.

JMO because I'm entitled to one.

This detail also makes me believe that she was NOT chained or restrained by her hands while she was being held captive. Possibly not hooded during this time either.

I hope that you are correct. The word MG used was "blogs" so were all of her online writings vetted, or just the 2003 one? I have no idea. JMO
Good question. If they were thorough (and it's probably safe to assume they were), then, yes, they probably examined anything they could get their hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa