Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I can't say with 100% certainty, but my best educated guess is that she went to the ER at Woodland. Most states have a rule that patients are transported to the nearest capable facility, which Woodland is. I don't understand the statement about "lockdown". Haven't read that before. As far as being "laid back", I wouldn't think so. Maybe in their personalization of care; but in terms of skill, I would expect them to be equally as competent as any other ER.

Regarding wait times. ERs utilize a triage system. Patients are sorted based on a severity index and seen based on a priority of need. Many times, wait times are much worse in larger facilities than they are in smaller ones.

I've worked in both very small and medium ERs. I'd match the staff in the smaller one to those in a large one any time. RNs who have come in from large facilities have often commented that the small ER nurse had to stay on her/his toes much more so than one in a large ER where they have all the compliment of numerous people to back them up in a pinch.

Woodland does make the most sense. Apologies if I shouldn't have used the phrase laid back. I meant more on terms of not being as large, less busy, and probably having fewer issues security wise on a typical day. I have no doubt the staff is great, and more personalized as you mentioned.

I remember seeing the lockdown thing mentioned here earlier, that KP mentioned it I think. I can't recall for sure. UC Davis does have something you could call a lockdown when they have security concerns and I wondered if maybe that's what KP meant. I could see them doing that to help shield her from media or other curious people. They deal with a fair amount of gang violence so smaller hospitals may not see that as much.

I feel that she was abducted from her home and for some reason she was being stalked/targeted. I think that there was a note or some communication left for K.P. but the L.E. is not releasing this. I think that her cellphone was left on the trail by the abductors.

I think that they are not disclosing all of the clues which would point to who really took her in order to keep certain information to themselves (the L.E.) during this ongoing investigation.

The CHP officer related that she was "severely battered". That alone to me shows that she had been beaten.

The $100,000 ransom was paid to someone, in my opinion. This got S.P. released.

I am glad that she is alive and with her family. I don't blame her for not wanting to go back to the house out of fear which is understandable. Perhaps the family dogs are not with her because there was a vicious barking dog there and as K.P. mentioned, sounds are frightening to her right now. Maybe it is just that S.P. needs quiet to begin to heal.

I hope she gets all of the help with p.t.s.d. she needs.

Thank you so much to our verified insider. It is evident that you care deeply about S.P. and her family. We care as well.

I feel that she was abducted from her home and for some reason she was being stalked/targeted. I think that there was a note or some communication left for K.P. but the L.E. is not releasing this. I think that her cellphone was left on the trail by the abductors.

For some reason the information of two Hispanic women seems off to me. I think that they are not disclosing who really took her.

The CHP officer related that she was "severely battered". That alone to me shows that she had been beaten.

The $100,000 ransom was paid to someone, in my opinion. This got S.P. released.

I am glad that she is alive and with her family. I don't blame her for not wanting to go back to the house out of fear which is understandable. Perhaps the family dogs are not with her because there was a vicious barking dog there and as K.P. mentioned, sounds are frightening to her right now. Maybe it is just that S.P. needs quiet to begin to heal.

I hope she gets all of the help with p.t.s.d. she needs.

Thank you so much to our verified insider. It is evident that you care deeply about S.P. and her family. We care as well.
I am pretty sure one was a Yorkie.
Can you comment Lake ?
I am asking because they are little and some are very hyper.
If I was in her shoes, I would have had to keep my Yorkie "Happy" away from me for a little while.
Happy was HYPER! ALWAYS in my lap etc...

The story I heard from SP is basically the same as what you have heard from LE, except you have not heard the many details LE wants to keep confidential. I do not believe SP lied about the identity of the perpetrators. I also do no believe the expert has ever spoken to SP, or has access to LE files. His opinion seems to be without merit based upon that.

The fact that you say "Many Details" is a relief to me. I'm glad LE has MANY more details to investigate than we do. It gives me hope that these suspects may be found. Since you know Sherri well, and believe she is telling the truth about her abductors, I will cross the theory of her possibly lying, because of fear off my list. Is also helps that LE says they believe her.

Can I ask how long you've known Sherri? I understand if you don't want to answer. TIA!

I wonder when we will get any update about the case? We're just moving in circles here. JMO

Maybe they did, to whomever was supposed to get that message (but who isn't sharing it, for what ever reason) instead of publicly.

Maybe the brand reveals the extremist group's identity, which law enforcement has decided not to reveal at this point.

I realize it's a stretch... but nothing else is adding up to me. Sex traffickers are people without a conscience or empathy, and they don't suddenly develop those things on Thanksgiving day. And Lake has told us that it is not a personal vendetta of some sort.

Oh, and maybe releasing her on Thanksgiving day was part of the message, too.

Last I heard, LE is still looking for a motive. If they had a good reason to think someone was using Sherri to send a message to someone else, LE probably wouldn't pretend they were clueless. LE could easily say that they've identified a probable motive but have decided not to release that information at the present time. Our VI, remember, has also stated:

Based upon my knowledge of the abduction/confinement I have no reason to believe the abduction was a message to any family member or friend for some perceived wrong.

I wonder when we will get any update about the case? We're just moving in circles here. JMO

Sometimes I think something big is going to blow any minute now and we'll all be amazed, but then I think about the Missy Bevers case and get discouraged. But then look at Teresa Sievers and Jessica Chambers!

In conclusion:
I can't even guess.

But yeah, I hope there's an update soon.

ITA. We don't even know if the case is moving forward. I've been wondering how the "message" of the brand has not helped LE formulate a movie.

I wonder if SP was taken for ST and due to her noncompliance, she was branded with a specific message. Not a message that would point to who took her, but a message specifically for SP.

What was the temperature on Nov 22nd in Yolo at 4:00 am? Was she wearing a coat, shoes?

SP was wearing a lightweight nylon style zip front jacket typical for joggers when abducted. Maybe while wearing tennis shoes, too.

When entering Yolo Co. as the location, one is directed to Sacramento International
3:53 AM 45.0 °F
4:29 AM 42.1 °F
4:53 AM 41.0 °F
5:46 AM 43.0 °F
6:53 AM 44.1 °F
Sunrise at 6:56

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=95697&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

I would appreciate it greatly if someone here could reconcile the following two facts:

Fact 1: Lisa Jeter says that Cameron Gamble’s first involvement with the case began no earlier than November 14. Source:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...n-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

You have to home in on the phrase “six days later” in the 11th paragraph in the story.

Fact 2: The anonymous donor’s letter to the abductors, first sent November 6 to television station KRCR in Redding, and first revealed publicly in news stories on November 17, mentions the anonymous donor’s “negotiator,” presumably Mr. Gamble, numerous times.

Source for text of the letter:

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/50000-ransom-offered-for-missing-n-california-woman-40414/

Source for KRCR’s assertion that they received “this letter” on November 6:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

To sum up: Anonymous donor has a negotiator at work by November 6. By all accounts the only negotiator the donor has ever had is Mr. Gamble. Ms. Jeter says Mr. Gamble did not begin work on the case until November 14 or later.

I would appreciate it greatly if someone here could reconcile the following two facts:

Fact 1: Lisa Jeter says that Cameron Gamble’s first involvement with the case began no earlier than November 14. Source:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...n-local-hostage-negotiators-methods/95044410/

You have to home in on the phrase “six days later” in the 11th paragraph in the story.

Fact 2: The anonymous donor’s letter to the abductors, first sent November 6 to television station KRCR in Redding, and first revealed publicly in news stories on November 17, mentions the anonymous donor’s “negotiator,” presumably Mr. Gamble, numerous times.

Source for text of the letter:

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/50000-ransom-offered-for-missing-n-california-woman-40414/

Source for KRCR’s assertion that they received “this letter” on November 6:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

To sum up: Anonymous donor has a negotiator at work by November 6. By all accounts the only negotiator the donor has ever had is Mr. Gamble. Ms. Jeter says Mr. Gamble did not begin work on the case until November 14 or later.

How about this: the letter was sent before the AD convinced CG to act as spokesperson? The AD, because he/she wanted to remain anonymous, found that the ransom offer wasn't getting much traction. (The TV station didn't disclose the letter at first probably because the AD wouldn't disclose his/her identity.) So, the AD decided to choose a reputable person to act as his/her spokesperson.

It's a mistake based on ambiguous wording. The Sheriff has repeatedly referred to it using the singular. eg: "the brand" and "it."

For example:
"I would think that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," Bosenko told "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message." (source.)

So I'm pretty sure the branding is not all over her body.

I'm wondering why the Sheriff believes the branding was a message and our verified poster doesn't. What was the purpose of branding if not a message, as if was to show ownership, then LE would know what group was associated.

I believe that the abductors believed a perceived wrong. Whether that is factual or not, they felt wronged, or wanted revenge or send a message to either SP or KP or someone close to them. Now the abductors perception could be totally flawed and SP nor KP did anything. Maybe a blond, long haired, white woman was having an affair with one of hte abductors spouse or significant other, and they mistook SP for being that person. Maybe only after beating her, trying to get her to confess, they realized eithere they had the wrong person, or felt they had the right person, and their point had been made. I don't know. It just doesn't seem that it was a random abduction, kidnapping, assault over 3 weeks, etc.

Does anyone remember how long it was before AH in NH was able to give the real story about her kidnapping and captivity? I know she was initally very afraid to give an accurate description, even though she knew his name. She was terrified! She had been brutally abused for 9 months! Kept in complete isolation. And was much younger than SP is.

I wouldn't fault SP at all if we later hear a different description of her captors! I don't know how you take the next breath without worrying about them finding you again!

Gamble may be a shady one, but I can't help but to also wonder if whoever is behind the abduction played Mr. Gamble too.

Has LE questioned him?

I'm wondering why the Sheriff believes the branding was a message and our verified poster doesn't. What was the purpose of branding if not a message, as if was to show ownership, then LE would know what group was associated.

I believe that the abductors believed a perceived wrong. Whether that is factual or not, they felt wronged, or wanted revenge or send a message to either SP or KP or someone close to them. Now the abductors perception could be totally flawed and SP nor KP did anything. Maybe a blond, long haired, white woman was having an affair with one of hte abductors spouse or significant other, and they mistook SP for being that person. Maybe only after beating her, trying to get her to confess, they realized eithere they had the wrong person, or felt they had the right person, and their point had been made. I don't know. It just doesn't seem that it was a random abduction, kidnapping, assault over 3 weeks, etc.

Does anyone remember how long it was before AH in NH was able to give the real story about her kidnapping and captivity? I know she was initally very afraid to give an accurate description, even though she knew his name. She was terrified! She had been brutally abused for 9 months! Kept in complete isolation. And was much younger than SP is.

I wouldn't fault SP at all if we later hear a different description of her captors! I don't know how you take the next breath without worrying about them finding you again!

The sheriff seemed less than certain, if you read his statement in context.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/30/sherri-papini-was-branded-by-her-abductors-sheriff-says/

Woodland does make the most sense. Apologies if I shouldn't have used the phrase laid back. I meant more on terms of not being as large, less busy, and probably having fewer issues security wise on a typical day. I have no doubt the staff is great, and more personalized as you mentioned.

I remember seeing the lockdown thing mentioned here earlier, that KP mentioned it I think. I can't recall for sure. UC Davis does have something you could call a lockdown when they have security concerns and I wondered if maybe that's what KP meant. I could see them doing that to help shield her from media or other curious people. They deal with a fair amount of gang violence so smaller hospitals may not see that as much.
Oh, no apology necessary at all. Mine if I sounded terse. And thanks for the clarification.

Humiliate her. Make her feel ashamed or foolish.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humiliate

I can't make sense of that.
She's already being held hostage so they felt the need to humiliate her?

Could it have been done to make her more compliant ?

Ah ha! To prevent her from making public appearances and telling who did it and how it all happened maybe?

The message of a brand can simply be: you belong to me now. I can do what I please to you. You are my property.

Yes to humiliation

The message of a brand can simply be: you belong to me now. I can do what I please to you. You are my property.

Yes to humiliation

I think the message is "don't forget what we agreed to."

A twisted "forget me not", like a strings tied around a finger.

How about this: the letter was sent before the AD convinced CG to act as spokesperson? The AD, because he/she wanted to remain anonymous, found that the ransom offer wasn't getting much traction. (The TV station didn't disclose the letter at first probably because the AD wouldn't disclose his/her identity.) So, the AD decided to choose a reputable person to act as his/her spokesperson.

Thank you for your reply, sumzero. I think it has a significant flaw. Suppose KRCR had posted and broadcast the letter promptly on receipt, on November 6. The abductors respond immediately and follow the letter’s instructions for reaching out to the negotiator. But there is no reply back, because there is no negotiator. I would think this would anger the abductors and thereby substantially endanger Ms. Papini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair