TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they painted a table to hide evidence of a crime? Blood doesn't come out of unfinished wood at all and you can only fit so many things in a truck bed to get rid of them. :facepalm:

I wonder which genius decided on that alibi?
Someone needs to check out that desk!!!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

For what it's worth! Brewster Co Sheriff Dept also has that desk on there FB page, they once used it as FB cover photo. See pic dated June 29,2015 BCSO FB

I agree. The desk was clearly important to Zuzu. It speaks to her character that she wanted to cover up the ugliness someone had painted there.

I'm wondering if "paint a table" ever came up in the SnapChat attempts by RF. Could that be some kind of code for doing something else?

For what it's worth! Brewster Co Sheriff Dept also has that desk on there FB page, they once used it as FB cover photo. See pic dated June 29,2015 BCSO FB

I remember the Brewster Co blotter for the day of Zuzu's disappearance logged a gray truck being noticed suspiciously parked on a road in the early morning hours. I thought I saved a link to the specific posts, but cannot find it. I still wonder if that was the BIL's truck.

I also remember reading something on the blotter about a suspicious truck report, but I think it was near Bee Mountain which is 80 miles south of Alpine, but I may have missed something

I also remember reading something on the blotter about a suspicious truck report, but I think it was near Bee Mountain which is 80 miles south of Alpine, but I may have missed something

It was, but that's still only an hour 20 minute drive (and could possibly be faster during the night and ignoring speed limits). That does fit the time frame, I think?

The blotter does say it was cleared (I have the link handy, but not sure if we're allowed to post?) but I am not sure what that means. Did the police go out there and talk with the driver and they had a good reason to be there, or did the police go out and the truck was already gone... I don't know.

It was, but that's still only an hour 20 minute drive (and could possibly be faster during the night and ignoring speed limits). That does fit the time frame, I think?

The blotter does say it was cleared (I have the link handy, but not sure if we're allowed to post?) but I am not sure what that means. Did the police go out there and talk with the driver and they had a good reason to be there, or did the police go out and the truck was already gone... I don't know.
It could go either way. The call could be cleared, meaning the police are finished at that location, and the situation resolved, or that the truck was cleared from blocking the road or whatever it was doing.

How did each of the suspect vehicles become part of the investigation? CE's Mustang, and the brother in law's truck?

Marking two months since Zuzu went missing.
Praying for a break in this case today!
Also, praying that some person or persons will find a moment of clarity and realize they have to tell LE what they know.
Finally, praying for Zuzu's family, that they can find out where Zuzu is very soon.

Someone really needs to check out the area around where that desk is located. And bring a drone too, if possible.

Could Zuzu have written something in the notebook that is kept at the desk? Maybe something slightly incriminating and RF wanted to go get that page and tear it out before anyone saw it? Could be a motive for asking CE to go "paint the table" if going to paint the desk is what was meant. If any notebooks have been removed to put into the museum in the past year or so (that Zuzu could have written in) they should be checked to see if Zuzu wrote anything. JMO.

I truly believe that CE just totally made up that painting a table reason for the call.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Could Zuzu have written something in the notebook that is kept at the desk? Maybe something slightly incriminating and RF wanted to go get that page and tear it out before anyone saw it? Could be a motive for asking CE to go "paint the table" if going to paint the desk is what was meant. If any notebooks have been removed to put into the museum in the past year or so (that Zuzu could have written in) they should be checked to see if Zuzu wrote anything. JMO.
Excellent thought!

This is my first post so I apologize if this doesn't make much sense or is off base. The "paint furniture/table" conversation stuck out because I remember it was the last conversation the mother from Springfield Three had with a friend. I know these aren't connected but could this mean something else like a slang term?

ETA: Not accusing anyone of anything! Just pontificating.

This is my first post so I apologize if this doesn't make much sense or is off base. The "paint furniture/table" conversation stuck out because I remember it was the last conversation the mother from Springfield Three had with a friend. I know these aren't connected but could this mean something else like a slang term?

Hi farmgirl, welcome to WS!! Good first post, it's always good to think outside the box.

Off the back of your post I went and looked at urban dictionary. Nothing came up for painting a table but I decided to try just 'paint' and the 2nd from top was a slang term for cocaine. Interesting !!

I added an overlay on the Sherri Papini map to give an idea of how far you could travel in a certain time period. Thanks to an awesome tool kdg411 set me https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm

Kdg411 suggested it might be great to do the same for Zuzu's map, showing how far you may possibly drive in 18-20 minutes. I chose 20 minutes and at avg speed of 50MPH, with the starting point as the border control at Presidio. The blue area marked on the map is the estimated possibilities.

zuzu20.jpg

:welcome: Good thinking, farmgirl. Whether "painting a table" means anything other than a stupid made up story on the spot or not, I'm inclined to think drugs are involved. Skibs' research may point in that direction.

Hi farmgirl, welcome to WS!! Good first post, it's always good to think outside the box.

Off the back of your post I went and looked at urban dictionary. Nothing came up for painting a table but I decided to try just 'paint' and the 2nd from top was a slang term for cocaine. Interesting !!

That's interesting Skibs. Who'd have thunk it? Wouldn't surprise me at all, even if that's not what CE meant.

I added an overlay on the Sherri Papini map to give an idea of how far you could travel in a certain time period. Thanks to an awesome tool kdg411 set me https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm

Kdg411 suggested it might be great to do the same for Zuzu's map, showing how far you may possibly drive in 18-20 minutes. I chose 20 minutes and at avg speed of 50MPH, with the starting point as the border control at Presidio. The blue area marked on the map is the estimated possibilities.

attachment.php

Nice job Skibs. That's a cool tool. So are you thinking RF's mother and sister didn't just stop at the border, but used the 18-20 minutes to go elsewhere? Does your map allow for 9-10 minutes one way, and 9-10 minutes back? Assuming 18-20 minutes isn't just a made up number. I still wonder why they would get a permit for further travel into Mexico and not use it while they were there. Or did they? :thinking:

It could go either way. The call could be cleared, meaning the police are finished at that location, and the situation resolved, or that the truck was cleared from blocking the road or whatever it was doing.

How did each of the suspect vehicles become part of the investigation? CE's Mustang, and the brother in law's truck?

Bolded By Me: Yes, that is exactly the question swirling around in my head -- the BIL's truck and CE's mustang -- how did LE know to search them? Who shared that information with LE? Or were the mustang and BIL's truck seen on camera as footage was being scoured for Zuzu and that was what brought them to the attention of LE?

View attachment 106004
Good work!!!

Also, the average speed limits out here in West Texas are 75 and 80mph. Using THOSE, think of the possibilities. I have no idea what the speed limits are across the border, but still.

Thanks to kdg and skibaboo! The map looks fabulous! Great visual tool for travel perspective and areas of interest. Lilibet, I am wondering too about the permit and why they did not use it at the time they requested it. Or, like you said, maybe they did use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda