Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the Yolo police force is looking for her abductors; Because they probably feel that she was just dropped off in their town while the kidnappers were passing by to throw people off track.

Plus I doubt that Redding police are searching the Redding area since she was released in Yolo.

So imo.

This ongoing investigation to find the perps is actually at a stand still. Jmo

Because 2 small police forces with other crimes happening; Simply don't have the manpower to search for unknown females in a SUV; that has probably been ditched by now.

Jmo.

That would be the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department that would be looking for the abductors. I can't find the numbers, but I believe they have quite a bit of manpower to search for them. Hundreds of officers, at least.

It does not seem likely unless they screwed over a big honcho of a drug cartel. But if this was the case, the message would be better sent if she was found mutilated, this is how they operate. I cannot buy suspects risking extensive jail time over sending a message. They had no idea if CP would have ratted them out first thing. The problem with little info to go on, the theories get really imaginative. It could also be a Aileen Wuornos/female duo. Without any more facts, the possibilities are endless.

Maybe we just live in different parts of the country. People tend to get imaginative here. There's still folks who believe in mountain justice.

BBM

Speaking generally, if someone settled a score against me like this because I had done something to enrage them, I might not want LE to know what that "something" is that "someone" held against me. If that's the case (and I'm not saying it is), there wouldn't necessarily be suspects LE would know about.

I do believe this is personal, not random, but I'm not sure it's about settling a score. And if it is, there's a remote possibility that it may not be a score SP and KP are aware of.
MOO
Coming out of lurkdom to thank this post.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has it ever been definitively determined if the sighting at the gas station was SP?

The sheriff said on 20/20 that they investigated that tip and it was NOT her.

Okay, here we go. Pick three and list those in order of likelihood.

01. human trafficking
02. send a message
03. settle a score
04. sex
05. gang initiation
06. random grab
07. jealous rival
08. race-related
09. kidnap/ransom
10. cult/brainwash
11. drug operation
12. bid for fame
13. thrill snatch

Coming out of lurkdom to thank this post.

Not sure what is meant by, " a score that SP and KP weren't aware of." Possibly a score with a family member?

Not sure what is meant by, " a score that SP and KP weren't aware of." Possibly a score with a family member?

I left it purposely vague. Yes, SP and KP might not be aware that a family member had crossed a line and incurred someone's wrath. Or it could be further removed...someone may hate the way KP installed his home theatre. :) Just kidding, but you never know what some people get enraged about. I was just illustrating how a suspect might not be known to SP and KP and LE in response to a post that asserted that a suspect would be known if a score was being settled.

I guess if I had to pick one motive from wfgodot's list it would be 03 "settling a score," but there are still things that don't make sense to me for that motive to work. But it comes the closest.

Weird question: since SP was held for 3 weeks, could LE tell anything about where she was held by analyzing her hair?
I know this has been done to differentiate countries (e.g. USA has fluoride and some other countries do not), but don't know how sophisticated testing is just for locales. I'd think there would have to be a significant chemical difference in the hair shaft for any further testing to be performed and then for any conclusion to be made. Average hair growth is only approximately .5in / month. It's a good thought, but I'm only cautiously optimistic that there would be water or environmental differences that could impact in such a way to help investigators.

Maybe we just live in different parts of the country. People tend to get imaginative here. There's still folks who believe in mountain justice.

My mentioning how imaginative stories get when there is little evidence was not targeting anyone specifically. My own imagination runs with the possibilities in a mystery. It was general in it's description. It could have been a (add to list:) ) , a murder for hire, that was bungled by amateurs who could not go through with it. Who would hire someone to kill Sherri?

It's hard for me to go with the "send a message" theory because the message
a. Involved great risk.
b. Relies on trust that SP won't point to the abductors even after promising not to, or relies on trust the person the message is for won't figure it out and share everything they know to LE to Capture the perp.
c. Involves a monetary reward for the family (people tend to gofund me over everything- why would someone angry enough to send a message want the P family to garner national support and a fund? A beautiful blond mom is exactly what the media and the nation would cling to) Even though normal people don't see this as a positive, I would think an angry kidnapper would not enjoy seeing the P Family getting such emotional and financial support. They would see it as profiting from their "bad."
MOO

My mentioning how imaginative stories get when there is little evidence was not targeting anyone specifically. My own imagination runs with the possibilities in a mystery. It was general in it's description. It could have been a (add to list:) ) , a murder for hire, that was bungled by amateurs who could not go through with it. Who would hire someone to kill Sherri?

BBM
If there happened to be any life insurance polices, and I could somehow get a look at them, I might could venture a guess. :thinking:

Could someone have started #13 off, unknown to the Ps, but maybe not with a reputable, experienced, kidnapping company? Something that someone set up b/c they're just a jerk, or to "punk" them? And it got out of hand too fast? There's videos of them grabbing the people and it looks pretty real. LE investigated one couple's kidnapping for 2-3 weeks, as it looked so real. Maybe the ones, who it was set up with, to snatch her, didn't even know the Ps didn't know, until it went public that she was missing, and then they didn't know what to do with her. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to pay to be kidnapped, and tazered, but, I'm not a masochist.

It looks like it could be potentially dangerous, to everyone's health, who is involved.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thrill-seekers-grab-on-to-extreme-kidnapping-trend/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Welcome-bizarre-world-extreme-kidnapping.html

Good grief. Is this actually a thing?? People hire someone to kidnap them, because it's exciting to be kidnapped??

ETA: after a little googling I've only found one company that does this. And jmo, but I doubt many people have actually hired them. So it's not like it's a popular thing, just one guy with a faddy idea. Jmo.

Soooooo. The page that was set up as "Help Find Sp" changed last night to " Help Find Nor-Cal Alliance for the Missing". This was the group created and then shut down when she was found. Not the other groups that exist out there for theory discussions. It was the one allowable to be posted here.
Since I was a member, it alerted me a few hours ago that it changed names. All the content is deleted, the picture is changed to a new logo, and mentions nothing of SP. When I go to their actual website, which a few hours ago had SP's missing person flyer on it, it is now gone. Links to the actual NorCal page are there.

Changed page: that used to be Help Find SP:
https://www.facebook.com/NorCalAllianceForTheMissing1/

Which links to this actual website:
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/

Which is not the same facebooksite as the original that has been around named "Norcal Alliance for the Missing".
https://www.facebook.com/norcalallianceforthemissing/

Yet both link to the same actual website outside of Facebook.

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooooo. The page that was set up as "Help Find Sp" changed last night to " Help Find Nor-Cal Alliance for the Missing". This was the group created and then shut down when she was found. Not the other groups that exist out there for theory discussions. It was the one allowable to be posted here.
Since I was a member, it alerted me a few hours ago that it changed names. All the content is deleted, the picture is changed to a new logo, and mentions nothing of SP. When I go to their actual website, which a few hours ago had SP's missing person flyer on it, it is now gone. Links to the actual NorCal page are there.

Changed page: that used to be Help Find SP:
https://www.facebook.com/NorCalAllianceForTheMissing1/

Which links to this actual website:
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/

Which is not the same facebooksite as the original that has been around named "Norcal Alliance for the Missing".
https://www.facebook.com/norcalallianceforthemissing/

Yet both link to the same actual website outside of Facebook.

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to me like the FB page with the 1 at the end was set up specifically to publicize the SP disappearance.
The website posts her pictures as "Found"

RSBM.

I just wanted to note that every time there has been that weird syntax in the sheriff's words he has been doing a live interview and answering a question from a reporter. His statements that are more direct are the prepared statements from a press conference or a statement made when he wanted to clarify a false report from Huffpost (in that one he flat out said "we believe her"). This "double talk" could just be an awkward way he has of speaking when answering a question off the cuff. JMO.

BBM

The report was not false.

There are ways to verify what you see in media articles, if you're unsure. Anyone here can do it. I challenge any of you to send an email, pick up the phone, and take your sleuthing one step further by independently verifying things yourself.

IIRC, the Sheriff's comment was something like (my paraphrase): "She's been treated for non life threatening injuries and released from the hospital". And likened the release from the hospital as similar to being "treated for a sprained ankle."

And according to KP, the entire family had a hug fest/snuggle fest inside the hospital when they were reunited. Didn't KP also say they all fell to the floor, or went to the floor somehow?

We are already up to 14? Is there a summary of all of them -1 through 14?

- There's nothing weird about KP using the Find My iPhone app
- There's nothing weird about a SAHM's children going to daycare a couple times a week
- KP's behavior, words, way of breathing, individual strands of hair analyzed to death
- Phone was found with chords, gift wrapping ain't easy
- The same few entries from the police log from over a month ago
- Ransom Negotiator is a weird dude
- Anonymous Donor is still anonymous, potentially non-existent
- "Long hair" is subjective, so are "non-life threatening injuries"
- Sex trafficking, gangs, symbols vs. messages, Papinis vs. the Sheriff, Ransom Negotiator vs. the world, church vs. cult, walking vs. running
- Rayemonde reminded all of us that Sherri had been abducted by two Hispanic females, not by the mailboxes (seriously, greatest comment on these 14 threads) :laughing:

Not sure what I have missed. Those are definitely topics that keep coming up, and then we go around in circles because there's so little actual information, yet it is such a heartbreaking and curious case, so even though I have promised myself to stay away, I keep coming back, and it seems like I am not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled