MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I've been working on the Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland cases / threads.

tiltingatwindmills.jpg

Glad you're in this thread too; quite the head-scratcher.

I did hear a more recent episode of the missing MM podcast where a newer to the case PI is looking into a possible connection btw MM and BM's disappearances. Might wade back over to those threads and catch up.

This case also reminds me a little of Tara Grinstead. Missing from her home, car is there, she's just gone. A few things are odd but no blatant crime scene. Around 30 years old.

The Tara Grinstead Up and Vanished podcast is good; like an almost real-time investigation to coincide with the podcast.

I think they have the right group of suspects in TG's case; problem is the suspect pool is so large, and it includes police officers from multiple jurisdictions.

Sounds like LE either has zero supsects in DS's case; or, if LE has a suspect/is watching someone, the "suspect" is an organized group that LE is having trouble connecting to DS's disappearance.

In

Earlier today, there was mention of a search to happen in the Fenton (?) area, but I didn't get to read that (yet).

Five:

Please join us in the search for Danielle Stislicki! We will be meeting at Fenton Tim Hortons on Tuesday, 12/20 at 10:00am. Fenton's Goin Postal has made a generous donation of 500 fliers to get us started! We will be handing out/hanging fliers in the Fenton & surrounding areas. Bring a friend!

In post #594 and #509 it is noted that it was on the FDS fb page.

They are very much concentrating on SM outreach and flier distribution rather than organizing searches.

LE previously stated that they did a search of the grounds, unit, building, and some wooded areas.

Earlier today, there was mention of a search to happen in the Fenton (?) area, but I didn't get to read that (yet).

ETA:
The Fenton "search" is a get together to pass out and post fliers, etc. Not a search in the aspect in which we are speaking.

http://patch.com/michigan/farmington-mi/calendar/event/20161220/75627/search-for-danielle-stislicki

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks for the information. I surmised at the end of last week that the conditions for doing an open area ground search were diminishing because of the weather. I don't live in Michigan or anywhere close to it, but I can enter a zip code and check the current weather conditions just like anybody else.

The prime time to launch ground searches there was from about the time she vanished up until a week ago. The weather was fairly decent and no cold fronts had swept in yet. The NFL games were still being played with the players putting on SPF30 sunblock and wearing mesh shirts to practice in. That would have been a prime time to organize a search and bring in hundreds of volunteers to help. Didn't happen.

At the first of December, the cops were scratching their heads and wondering if she vanished on purpose, ran off with a lover, escaped debt , joined a cult, or was kidnapped by two latina women while out jogging. Of course, they don't think that now, but there is a foot of snow and ice covering everything at this point, which complicates the hell out of everything.

Social media isn't going to find this girl. Flyers on the front of liquor stores, Wal-marts, Dollar General, and Pizza Hut aren't going to find this girl. Whatever happened to her happened back on December 2. The only way to find her is to get out and look for her.

I do live in Michigan. About 20 minutes away from DS apartments.
I agree that the snow would complicate a search, no doubt.
I don't know that SM won't find her, but it looks like family and LE find it better for people to share her pictures than to take to the ground which, to me, looks like they need her face to be shared far and wide because her location could be far and wide.

What's the significance of Fenton? Quite a ways from Farmington and Southfield.

Anyone going North from that intersection in Farmington Hills (say to the relatively deserted this time of year upper mitt or even the deserted year-around UP), could pass through Fenton along 23 via 96.

Okay, thanks for the information. I surmised at the end of last week that the conditions for doing an open area ground search were diminishing because of the weather. I don't live in Michigan or anywhere close to it, but I can enter a zip code and check the current weather conditions just like anybody else.

The prime time to launch ground searches there was from about the time she vanished up until a week ago. The weather was fairly decent and no cold fronts had swept in yet. The NFL games were still being played with the players putting on SPF30 sunblock and wearing mesh shirts to practice in. That would have been a prime time to organize a search and bring in hundreds of volunteers to help. Didn't happen.

At the first of December, the cops were scratching their heads and wondering if she vanished on purpose, ran off with a lover, escaped debt , joined a cult, or was kidnapped by two latina women while out jogging. Of course, they don't think that now, but there is a foot of snow and ice covering everything at this point, which complicates the hell out of everything.

Social media isn't going to find this girl. Flyers on the front of liquor stores, Wal-marts, Dollar General, and Pizza Hut aren't going to find this girl. Whatever happened to her happened back on December 2. The only way to find her is to get out and look for her.
I don't know that SM won't find her, but it looks like family and LE find it better for people to share her pictures than to take to the ground which, to me, looks like they need her face to be shared far and wide because her location could be far and wide.

This whole Fenton search has me puzzled. Why Fenton? It is so far removed from the Southfield/Farmington area. I mean really far removed. If there is an organized search there it has to be because of some information. It isn't random. It isn't because people are "expanding the search". I'm telling you from someone who works right across the road from Danielle that this doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case also reminds me a little of Tara Grinstead. Missing from her home, car is there, she's just gone. A few things are odd but no blatant crime scene. Around 30 years old.

I wonder if there was blood evidence. Does anyone know to what extent they searched and processed the area around DS's apartment and car? And the actual car and apartment?

In terms of an electronic foot print well she wasn't robbed and her cards were left behind.... she didn't have a fb (I believe not 100%.... but her fam has since made her one in her disappearance to help is my understanding.) So they could be looking at her emails, texts or instagram messages I guess? I just can't believe if the family doesn't know more than what LE is saying publicly... if they really don't that must be the hardest thing ever.

I don't think they ever really took this case seriously from the start...............and therein lies the problem. "Just another missing person case with hysterical parents involved"......................ho hum.

3 weeks later...................the public, the media, the parents, the family, the employer..................all want answers. Uh.......................Uh.................................anybody with information please come forward..................uh

Hey ! I live in the UP! (Upper Peninsula of Michigan)
Although less populated than Detroit, not deserted! Enjoying Steelman's insight ...

Still nothing readily discernible in the official media re: the various non-child-*advertiser censored*-bust LE activity in Berkley since DS's disappearance.

Her location is within 5 miles of that apartment complex.......................you can bank on it.

This whole Fenton search has me puzzled. Why Fenton? It is so far removed from the Southfield/Farmington area. I mean really far removed. If there is an organized search there it has to be because of some information. It isn't random. It isn't because people are "expanding the search". I'm telling you from someone who works right across the road from Danielle that this doesn't make sense.

Yes, Fenton is a strange mention. Middle of nowhere. Close to Flint, though ...

I'm Northern Michigan born and raised - Petoskey area - 36 years. In Mississippi now, but all of my family still lives up there. I miss it especially at Christmas.

I think it's organized by a friend that lives there...just to spread the word, not necessarily because of information. It was planned some time ago according to fb

Yes, Fenton is a strange mention. Middle of nowhere. Close to Flint, though ...

I'm Northern Michigan born and raised - Petoskey area - 36 years. In Mississipi now, but all of my family still lives up there. I miss it especially at Christmas.

Beautiful area, lived in Petoskey for 5 years. Born and raised in the U.P. and moved back there about 12 years ago!

Hey ! I live in the UP! (Upper Peninsula of Michigan)
Although less populated than Detroit, not deserted! Enjoying Steelman's insight ...

Waving! We were just at Tahquamenon Falls and Paradise over vacation in July. Ate at a famous drive in called Clyde's. It's great to see so many Michigander's here for Danielle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01