Australia Australia - Gerard Ross, 11, Rockingham, WA, 14 Oct 1997

Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread... Thanks for that info, tracecomp - very interesting!!

I wonder if he ever got violent with any of these kids,,

In Albany District Court in August 1991, Huggins pleaded guilty to indecently dealing with the boy and was put on probation.

That same year, another Warminda victim, who was 13, and his aunt made a complaint to the WA Child Abuse Squad. The teen was interviewed by police, but nothing happened.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h-it-for-so-long/story-fnhocxo3-1227219865761

^ that made me see red.. poor kid!

Has anyone the coordinates for Gerards body discovered, even off Google Earth? Thanks!

Good find Tracecomp!
This is why the Ross' should contact the Morcombes'. They're very cluey hands on people and they would have compassion, answers and good advice.
The Morcombes have contacted many grief stricken families. They care.

Looks like the Morcombes have taken an interest for Gerard's case calling for a Coronial Inquest (2014 article). Somebody must listen if we keep asking what happened?

https://www.facebook.com/WeekendCourier/posts/802537436476174

Probably coincidence but Gerard was abducted (from info given) 270 degrees from Jane Rimmers discovered body

ross-earth-270.jpg

DETECTIVES investigating the 19-year-old murder mystery of WA schoolboy Gerard Ross have been reinterviewing witnesses in recent months, The Sunday Times can reveal.

(...)

A WA Police spokeswoman said Gerard’s abduction and murder was an “active investigation” with the Special Crime Squad, but refused to say whether a cold case review had taken place.

“To protect the integrity of that investigation WA Police won’t publicly discuss current lines of inquiry,” she said.
The spokeswoman said police would only consider handing a homicide case over to the Coroner when “all investigative opportunities had been exhausted or if the coronial inquest process would assist in providing other investigative strategies”.

“That is not the situation with this investigation at this point in time,” she said

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/9c62c215480a6cbd33e29584027dc4ee

STANDING up in the stirrups atop a little chestnut colt, Mick Miller was trotting along a trampled path through the pines at Baldivis, south of Perth, when he saw something unusual out of the corner of his eye.

It was the morning of October 29, 1997 and business as usual for the horse trainer who had saddled up to take the first of five horses for their daily run around the plantation.

But this day, he took a track he rarely rode and cantered across “the last thing you’d ever want to see”.

“Seeing as I was a bit higher, you could pick that there was something to your right there, probably 100 yards away, that was a bit different to what you normally see with the branches and sticks and different things out that way,” he said.

When three officers arrived, he climbed into the back of the patrol car and directed them to the site where he had stumbled across a little boy’s barely concealed body, off to the side of the limestone track.

It was that of 11-year-old Gerard Ross, who had been abducted from Rockingham, 47km south of Perth, 15 days earlier.

Search Title: Parents of Daniel Morcombe want inquest into the unsolved murder of Perth boy Gerard Ross
May 23, 2016, KRISTIN SHORTEN ,PerthNow
Online: 22 Oct 2016, Status: Non paywall, Time 6.34pm

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/spe...s/news-story/1f477bceed0561c08593caf3ab4fc783

One person of interest was written off early but came under renewed scrutiny when new information came to light. News.com.au does not know the nature of that information.

Police were ready to charge one local man after they found blood traces in his car and evidence that blood had been washed off a wall in a room at his home where he kept model aeroplanes. But the cleaning agent used prevented DNA from being extracted. Blood traces were also found at the suspect's parents' house.

The Director of Public Prosecutions wasn't satisfied there was enough proof to proceed with charges.

Detectives re-examined their suspect "with fine tooth comb multiple times" but couldn't find that extra skerrick of evidence they needed to get the DPP across the line.

The case was complicated by the fact that there'd been a murder at the house previously, even though it had occurred on the grass outside.

Police also made mistakes. DNA at that time was still a reasonably new investigative tool and samples were contaminated.
Search title: No killer, no clues and no inquest into the murder of Gerard Ross
October 01, 2013 2:20PM
Date:22 October 2016, Status: Non paywall, Time 6:46
http://www.news.com.au/national/no-...r-of-gerard-ross/story-fncynjr2-1226730066395

What incessant hatred would drive some to kill a boy in such a manner? Without sexual assault?

I wonder if they are looking at the claremont setial killer for this ! Happened only 5 months after Ciara Glennon and sane brutality

I guess it will be the afternoon for those of us in the Eastern States. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to hear about any progress police have made in the investigation into Gerard's disappearance and if, or when, an inquest will be held.

Interesting timing IMO in light of increased WAPOL interest in areas well-known by POI for JR and CG

The timing is very interesting imo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall a post from thread #11 in the last week on CSK where an unconfirmed? former WAPOL suggested that there were a number of murdered males in WA, SA & NT that had a similar MO to that of CSK and if anyone had considered those links – although they didn't specify any names and the thread has since been closed.

In regards to the area GR was abducted WAPOL may have discovered info on movements of the alleged perp through work locations during the time he was blitzed. I believe from what I've read from posts that there has been some focussing on areas well known to the POI by WAPOL. Interestingly they mentioned several POI's in the media statement – not one – which may be standard procedure to leave the doors open... either way the timing is curious.

An imaginary triangle anyone?

Rockingham – Karnup – Madora Bay

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard