MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the information is changing. We were told this visit was planned well in advance and now it appears that IT WAS last minute. By the wording of the text (if accurate) where were they meeting ?
Once DS didn't show, why was there not more concern? Again, there seems to be more to this story.
Were there other trainers there at ML that Saturday, so maybe not a big deal that DS wasn't there ?

But it wasn't last minute. It was planned ahead and then, yeah, they decided to get together maybe a little earlier. I guess I don't understand the confusion over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you knew you had to work on Saturday, a day you didn't typically work, would you want to spend the night at a friend's house who also worked the following day? So interesting to know WHICH OF THE YOUNG GIRLS initiated that (as her mother called it) meeting that DS would NOT have missed. If DS initiated it, then chances are she didn't have any other intentions than to go straight there, after grabbing a bag, because she had something very important to talk about.

Guys, unless Holocene is pulling a fast one on us, let's use his words as fact.

For one, he's not concerned about the friend plans. Second, that text ISN'T EVEN CONFIRMED.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I could be totally wrong, but I think Holocene popped by at one point to say that was his error...that there was some confusion initially. Not totally sure though and can't weed through the threads at the moment.
Yes, 1 or 2 pages previous. So if everyone can please check posts that have been added because we have alot of continued questions being asked that have been answered. I am almost positive it has been verified that DS and froend were not meeting out, DS was going to friends house and cooking dinner.

I think we need to remember that these are 2 women who do not have children and significant others. It is not uncommon for single people to make spur of the moment plans. I am one who tends to run late so maybe I have beem known to backtrack home and pack a bag after work even if I knew ahead of time I would be gli5ng somewhere after work.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If it were last minute, this gives more credence to friends that semi-regularly meet. Don't need to ask to spend the night, but need to confirm plans.

Now if these plans were not made in advance, that heightens the possibility that DS had something else scheduled.

If they were, lower possibility. But in either case, nothing can be confirmed.

But it wasn't last minute. It was planned ahead and then, yeah, they decided to get together maybe a little earlier. I guess I don't understand the confusion over this.

First you said "the confusion about packed bags is probably because she did not stay at the friends EVERY Friday". (or something to that effect)

I understood that to mean the nights she plans on staying over at her friends, she packs a bag. And the night she doesn't have overnight plans, she doesn't.

It seemed logical that since she did not pack a bag she must not have been planning on staying over.

And it also became immediately evident she likely wasn't planning on sleeping at anybody else's house that night.
No Bag.

But since you know the plans were made in advance, it may have been simply that she was out partying late Thursday and never made it home, or had the chance to pack.

Do we know where she may have been the night before she disappeared. Seem recalling her mother said she last spoke with her Wednesday. Interesting.

Yes, a lot of us who are new here read something someone has commented on and we presume by the way it is written it is factual. That just happened to me. Hearing her mother paraphrase a hypothetical conversation and then reading the words here, I was confident it was factual.

I'm just using your post to add on, not directed at you, but ones asking.

Michigan is a big state, with lots of woods and a city near Danielle that has lots of abandon buildings. Without knowing where to start looking it's way to much, costly, requires lots of manpower and as spellbound noted in her example it can be dangerous having others look.

I am a lifelong Michigan resident and I work in Detroit, very familiar with the topography, etc. Let me clarify that I am talking about an organized and well executed search based on facts and information that LE has.

Is it just me or are the details of the facts of this investigation as clear as mud? I don't think that her family nor LE intended for that to be the case...However, reading through the eight thread segments here.... It appears plenty, if not most of us have questions... Consistently asking for clarification on the details of this case. Think about it, if we WS'ers are looking at this case every day , how do you think the general public feels?

It seems to me that holding vigils (which I will be attending) and HT/ST trafficking events are great to support her parents and friends and to further awareness of HT/ST.... But, it's. it enough to find her and bring her home... At least not as much as searching.

They didn't necessarily know exactly where Chelsea Bruck or Laci Peterson were either, but it never stopped people from doing targeted searches. There are ways of conducting searches without impacting the evidence of the case. I believe that every weekend since Danielle went missing is a missed opportunity. We could walk the golf course near IGA, and the roadsides in that area. Visit stores along grand River and Halstead and ask to see surveillance footage from that evening. There are a multitude of things that could be going on right now, and yet they are not.

LE does not have unlimited resources, that's the beauty of civilian volunteers...I guarantee you there's an army of people that want to help find Danielle (I being one) and are more than willing to help. The only thing missing is a clear directive, organization and some basic leadership. Respectfully, IMO.

She could just pack a bag when home because she's done it so often and it takes a second.

She could just pack a bag when home because she's done it so often and it takes a second.

Pretty much this, yeah.

I have been re-watching the initial reports on the ownership and activity of the Oxford St./Berkley home.

Here is the link to the FoxNewsDetroit clip that is 2 minutes and 42 seconds long in its entirety.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/225345000-story

The gentlemen that shows up at the :30 second mark...I find it interesting that he never gave his name...Did the reporter not ask? Did the reporter the reporter ask and he declined? You will notice at the :45 second marker in the same report, you see that neighbor Judy's name is promptly displayed below her as she is speaking. Now, Mr. No Name shows up again right at the 1:15 marker....Apparently, he left, was out of town, didn't see anything...which very well could be the case...However, something in his interview doesn't set well with me...Not that he's guilty of anything, but he almost seems frightened or worried the way his eyes dart around during the reporters questioning. As if he wants this interview over as quickly as possible.

Then at the 1:30 marker you have Mr. John Williams (modsnip) enter the scene, says he is a family friend and who is blocking/stopping media from getting to the door. Further, claiming an elderly couple lives at this address (after doing a thorough Oakland county records search, I see that is clearly NOT the case that an elderly couple lives there)

At 1:54 marker, they go back to poor, Mr. No Name who claims he really doesn't know much, thinks it's a rental (looks disgusted while saying that) swallows really hard and then claims "then they moved out" ..."so, I have no idea the person who lives there now"

(modsnip)

So, in this news report that lasts 2:42, there's so much misinformation and confusion it's astonishing.

I can't believe that no one at Fox has decided to go back out talk and with the neighbors, again get additional clarification on the exact info they tried to glean in the original report...And then also do some due diligence on the actual ownership and status of that house... Because, essentially no solid information came out of that report. It's nothing but gobbledygook!

Am I way out of line here? It's been weeks without any follow up on the unknowns in this news report.

Are you taking about John Wygren? His name is mentioned in the article. His name was also posted on the video.

One theory. The SG was a stalker. People at work interviewed claimed he would not leave her alone. Maybe she thought his behavior was creepy. And she told some friends about it. Maybe everyone at work knew. She was friendly,outgoing, and he understood it to mean she felt the same. And then, he left. No longer worked there. Maybe they reassigned him to another location. They did not have enough credible material to fire him because DS had "a feeling". And he was mad. He was pissed off on several accounts. A longer commute home, and he missed his girl. He shows up in the parking lot. She is not expecting him. They leave together in her car. It wasn't by choice. And he takes her away. He takes her out of the state. He has friends there. Or maybe an abandoned property. He takes away her phone. And he leaves her there for the time being. He isn't even sure at that point what to do with her. He doesn't want to hurt her. He just wants her. He respectfully, if you will, takes her car back to her place. He wants everything back to how it was. No need to tamper with her purse. No need to steal anything. And everything resumes to normal. Almost. This is one scenario worth pondering. For what it's worth.

I am a lifelong Michigan resident and I work in Detroit, very familiar with the topography, etc. Let me clarify that I am talking about an organized and well executed search based on facts and information that LE has.

Is it just me or are the details of the facts of this investigation as clear as mud? I don't think that her family nor LE intended for that to be the case...However, reading through the eight thread segments here.... It appears plenty, if not most of us have questions... Consistently asking for clarification on the details of this case. Think about it, if we WS'ers are looking at this case every day , how do you think the general public feels?

It seems to me that holding vigils (which I will be attending) and HT/ST trafficking events are great to support her parents and friends and to further awareness of HT/ST.... But, it's. it enough to find her and bring her home... At least not as much as searching.

They didn't necessarily know exactly where Chelsea Bruck or Laci Peterson were either, but it never stopped people from doing targeted searches. There are ways of conducting searches without impacting the evidence of the case. I believe that every weekend since Danielle went missing is a missed opportunity. We could walk the golf course near IGA, and the roadsides in that area. Visit stores along grand River and Halstead and ask to see surveillance footage from that evening. There are a multitude of things that could be going on right now, and yet they are not.

LE does not have unlimited resources, that's the beauty of civilian volunteers...I guarantee you there's an army of people that want to help find Danielle (I being one) and are more than willing to help. The only thing missing is a clear directive, organization and some basic leadership. Respectfully, IMO.

Exactly. All of this. I don't understand it , either. :(

First you said "the confusion about packed bags is probably because she did not stay at the friends EVERY Friday". (or something to that effect)

I understood that to mean the nights she plans on staying over at her friends, she packs a bag. And the night she doesn't have overnight plans, she doesn't.

It seemed logical that since she did not pack a bag she must not have been planning on staying over.

And it also became immediately evident she likely wasn't planning on sleeping at anybody else's house that night.
No Bag.

But since you know the plans were made in advance, it may have been simply that she was out partying late Thursday and never made it home, or had the chance to pack.

Do we know where she may have been the night before she disappeared. Seem recalling her mother said she last spoke with her Wednesday. Interesting.

Also, these women are almost 30 years old and just bc they do something frequently doesn't mean it is the same every single week or time. They didn't live hours from each other so it's probably not a big deal to make sure she is packed and ready to go anywhere. It wouldn't be much for her to stop home or go right there or do whatever they planned.

And I don't think it's odd for her mother to mention when she last spoke to her, even though I haven't heard that until right now. I talked to my mom like a week ago through text and we never call each other. Everyone is different in what they do and why they do it and don't think it's alarming unless the family were to say so.

SherlockJ, do you have confirmation that MetLife employees said he wouldn't leave her alone?

If it were last minute, this gives more credence to friends that semi-regularly meet. Don't need to ask to spend the night, but need to confirm plans.

Now if these plans were not made in advance, that heightens the possibility that DS had something else scheduled.

When I was in my twenties I would hang out with my best friend almost every weekend in some form, but not with regimen around if in terms of when I would pack a bag, whether it would be in my car, where we would meet, planned by Weds, etc. I think when young friends socialize sometimes plans are kind of set but not totally formalized beforehand.

Here is how one of my conversations might have gone with my friend on a Fri afternoon: "Hey, still want to get together tonight? If we're going to go to X bar near your place, is it cool if I just stay over so I don't have to drive? Cool, I'm getting off early and will stop by house and come over."

For me it is not really telling that she decided to go to her house to pick up some things (who knows, change, feed the cat, etc.) I don't necessarily think that means that the plans to spend the night were spur of the moment and unplanned, but even if that were the case, that could be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member