MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do wish we could leave Danielle's friend alone. I understand the necessity of sleuthing everything, but LE has left her alone. Asking why she didn't go seek out Danielle Friday night won't change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree! That friend should not be held morally accountable for failing to make a report. And it makes me mad when people seem to state, "Didn't she think DS may have been abducted?" That is why I mention the old, "Hindsight 20-20". I feel awful for that young girl for two reasons. Her dear friend is missing, or maybe worse and some people point a finger at her. Survivals guilt is awful!

Also, these women are almost 30 years old and just bc they do something frequently doesn't mean it is the same every single week or time. They didn't live hours from each other so it's probably not a big deal to make sure she is packed and ready to go anywhere. It wouldn't be much for her to stop home or go right there or do whatever they planned.

And I don't think it's odd for her mother to mention when she last spoke to her, even though I haven't heard that until right now. I talked to my mom like a week ago through text and we never call each other. Everyone is different in what they do and why they do it and don't think it's alarming unless the family were to say so.

Great Point!

I am really beginning tho wonder what she did the night BEFORE this occurred. And equally interested in where the SG was the night BEFORE all this occurred.

A direct result from an interaction they had the day before?

It would be interesting to check video from Thursday to determine whether the SG made an appearance in the lot. Of course if you believe they have video that can capture the entrance. Or someone else does.

SherlockJ, do you have confirmation that MetLife employees said he wouldn't leave her alone?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't have what you asked for. In fact, I think he left her alone. Yes. He left her alone.

SherlockJ, do you have confirmation that MetLife employees said he wouldn't leave her alone?

Just jumping off this post.

If you're stating facts please provide links from MSM to back it up.

When I was in my twenties I would hang out with my best friend almost every weekend in some form, but not with regimen around if in terms of when I would pack a bag, whether it would be in my car, where we would meet, planned by Weds, etc. I think when young friends socialize sometimes plans are kind of set but not totally formalized beforehand.

Here is how one of my conversations might have gone with my friend on a Fri afternoon: "Hey, still want to get together tonight? If we're going to go to X bar near your place, is it cool if I just stay over so I don't have to drive? Cool, I'm getting off early and will stop by house and come over."

For me it is not really telling that she decided to go to her house to pick up some things (who knows, change, feed the cat, etc.) I don't necessarily think that means that the plans to spend the night were spur of the moment and unplanned, but even if that were the case, that could be normal.

Me, too. For that same reason I challenge anyone who thinks that 20-something people go to bed at a decent hour because they have to get up early for work.

But the point of being here isn't to defend the SG or to defend DS. If that is one's position they should not be here. This is a venue which allows us to explore every possible and plausible theory in hopes something clicks and the mystery resolved.

If I had a child who is portrayed like DS it would be equally critical for me to explore "Could she have been doing drugs?" "Could she have been seeing an old married man on the sly" "Could she have run-away". It would not matter that in a million years I would never expect that behavior, what matters is every possible scenario is explored regardless of how painful it might be,

I'm the one who was Employee of the Month, favored child by nearly ALL my parents friends, Bubbly, outgoing, funny,... Birmingham Schools, MSU, Softball, Tennis, Swimteam,...the whole shebang. Not even a best friend knew I smoked weed, snorted, picked up men two and three times my age in hotel bars,... "You, No Way" is what I would have heard.

I'm not here to take sides. My purpose to think, and make people like all of you reading this think. And in return, I want to have my thoughts provoked. Defending rather than thinking limits opportunities.

We're all on the same team. Resolving a crime.

Me, too. For that same reason I challenge anyone who thinks that 20-something people go to bed at a decent hour because they have to get up early for work.

But the point of being here isn't to defend the SG or to defend DS. If that is one's position they should not be here. This is a venue which allows us to explore every possible and plausible theory in hopes something clicks and the mystery resolved.

If I had a child who is portrayed like DS it would be equally critical for me to explore "Could she have been doing drugs?" "Could she have been seeing an old married man on the sly" "Could she have run-away". It would not matter that in a million years I would never expect that behavior, what matters is every possible scenario is explored regardless of how painful it might be,

I'm the one who was Employee of the Month, favored child by nearly ALL my parents friends, Bubbly, outgoing, funny,... Birmingham Schools, MSU, Softball, Tennis, Swimteam,...the whole shebang. Not even a best friend knew I smoked weed, snorted, picked up men two and three times my age in hotel bars,... "You, No Way" is what I would have heard.

I'm not here to take sides. My purpose to think, and make people like all of you reading this think. And in return, I want to have my thoughts provoked. Defending rather than thinking limits opportunities.

Many people in their 20's go to bed early.

One theory. The SG was a stalker. People at work interviewed claimed he would not leave her alone. Maybe she thought his behavior was creepy. And she told some friends about it. Maybe everyone at work knew. She was friendly,outgoing, and he understood it to mean she felt the same. And then, he left. No longer worked there. Maybe they reassigned him to another location. They did not have enough credible material to fire him because DS had "a feeling". And he was mad. He was pissed off on several accounts. A longer commute home, and he missed his girl. He shows up in the parking lot. She is not expecting him. They leave together in her car. It wasn't by choice. And he takes her away. He takes her out of the state. He has friends there. Or maybe an abandoned property. He takes away her phone. And he leaves her there for the time being. He isn't even sure at that point what to do with her. He doesn't want to hurt her. He just wants her. He respectfully, if you will, takes her car back to her place. He wants everything back to how it was. No need to tamper with her purse. No need to steal anything. And everything resumes to normal. Almost. This is one scenario worth pondering. For what it's worth.

It is very possible that this was a stalking situation and her disappearance could have been brought on by any of the usual motives of unrequited love. Anger, resentment, control, desperation to connect. I am 100% sure that LE is investigating the relationship between the victim and the person's mattress that took. That would be a welcome miracle if she were being held by someone like that in a different state. Unfortunately, it's not probable (if you go by stats) but hard to give up hope for this woman and the people who love her.

Yes, we're not taking sides. We could think of many scenarios that could happen. Based on available scenarios, let's concentrate on the most viable.

Many people in their 20's go to bed early.

I did! My husband and I dined at Bill Knapps (The old people's joint), played scrabble and were asleep by 9.
I suppose I was trying to compensate for the sleep I missed out on in my late teens!

Any thought provoking ideas about DS, SG or anyone else?

If you had plans that you knew your good friend got off work early for, and they didn't show up or return your texts/calls -- what would you do? Let's say it's a friend that would never miss a meeting with you.

I don't mean to be rude but it's like the fake news. One person says it, the other posts it, then a few people believe it, then it's "confirmed fact".

It is very possible that this was a stalking situation and her disappearance could have been brought on by any of the usual motives of unrequited love. Anger, resentment, control, desperation to connect. I am 100% sure that LE is investigating the relationship between the victim and the person's mattress that took. That would be a welcome miracle if she were being held by someone like that in a different state. Unfortunately, it's not probable (if you go by stats) but hard to give up hope for this woman and the people who love her.

The Mattress. It's a sticky situation, pun unintended. Suppose results come back and it's proven DS was in an Oxford St bed. How does one prove unrequited love. People are interviewed, opinions are shared but how does that help the prosecutor without evidence that a crime was even committed. "Why did you lie to us? Why did you tell us she was never in your house?" The suspect talks about his marriage. Can you really arrest this guy and put him in jail for hindering the investigation. And if you can legally do it, do you? I know people have been prosecuted in the past, charged and convicted of murder even though a body was never found but is there enough circumstantial evidence in this case. If LE knows 10 times more facts then we do, it isn't saying much. This case is weird. I hope they find Danielle. But sometimes I think without a corpse, nothing will be resolved.

Again the information is changing. We were told this visit was planned well in advance and now it appears that IT WAS last minute. By the wording of the text (if accurate) where were they meeting ?
Once DS didn't show, why was there not more concern? Again, there seems to be more to this story.
Were there other trainers there at ML that Saturday, so maybe not a big deal that DS wasn't there ?

I think it's been said we don't have the exact text wording. It was a paraphrase from a distraught mom at a press conference answering a journalist. I think the point was she was not just that she was running home BUT that was the last text she sent so it gave a time line for things before LE discovered other information that led to the SW

It's near impossible to dissect something with no transcript

Yes, we're not taking sides. We could think of many scenarios that could happen. Based on available scenarios, let's concentrate on the most viable.

That's great to know you guys aren't taking sides.

I noticed you spoke in the collective form. "We"?

Do you sleuth with your family?

I can not get my sämbo to join me in the search.

He thinks it's a waste of time.

Yet when he drops me off at my morning swim class, HE asks ME questions about the case, renders theories....

Maybe one day he can join "us" (you and your family) in resolving a crime.

I don't mean to be rude but it's like the fake news. One person says it, the other posts it, then a few people believe it, then it's "confirmed fact".

I couldn't agree more

It's becoming very frustrating in this thread having rumors becoming fact. Unless you can back up your post with MSM please please think twice about posting it.

Thankfully the ignore button is wonderful but it's hard to watch the rumors take hold as fact especially on thread 8.

I have been re-watching the initial reports on the ownership and activity of the Oxford St./Berkley home.

Here is the link to the FoxNewsDetroit clip that is 2 minutes and 42 seconds long in its entirety.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/225345000-story

The gentlemen that shows up at the :30 second mark...I find it interesting that he never gave his name...Did the reporter not ask? Did the reporter the reporter ask and he declined? You will notice at the :45 second marker in the same report, you see that neighbor Judy's name is promptly displayed below her as she is speaking. Now, Mr. No Name shows up again right at the 1:15 marker....Apparently, he left, was out of town, didn't see anything...which very well could be the case...However, something in his interview doesn't set well with me...Not that he's guilty of anything, but he almost seems frightened or worried the way his eyes dart around during the reporters questioning. As if he wants this interview over as quickly as possible.

Then at the 1:30 marker you have Mr. John Williams (modsnip) enter the scene, says he is a family friend and who is blocking/stopping media from getting to the door. Further, claiming an elderly couple lives at this address (after doing a thorough Oakland county records search, I see that is clearly NOT the case that an elderly couple lives there)

At 1:54 marker, they go back to poor, Mr. No Name who claims he really doesn't know much, thinks it's a rental (looks disgusted while saying that) swallows really hard and then claims "then they moved out" ..."so, I have no idea the person who lives there now"

(modsnip)

So, in this news report that lasts 2:42, there's so much misinformation and confusion it's astonishing.

I can't believe that no one at Fox has decided to go back out talk and with the neighbors, again get additional clarification on the exact info they tried to glean in the original report...And then also do some due diligence on the actual ownership and status of that house... Because, essentially no solid information came out of that report. It's nothing but gobbledygook!

Am I way out of line here? It's been weeks without any follow up on the unknowns in this news report.

Sorry just catching up.. I agree the no name guy seems very uncomfortable and scared JMO

I understand and agree with what you are saying. It can be hard to bring up tough albeit valid questions without it seeming somehow offensive to someone. IMO, I think a lot of your questions are warranted, especially at this point in time. Fact is, DS is a stranger to us (assuming, maybe not to all here) We only know her through her SM, she's basically captured our hearts from day one and that's why we are all still here. Everyone has secrets, everyone has a past. Questioning that is in no way derogatory to her character, it's just opening the idea that maybe other things were going on in her life that were never alluded to in SM. The problem is, without any insight or proof, we could come up with a gazillion and one different scenarios that could be argued on and speculated out for another 8 threads.

<modsnip>

And were they able to subpoena the SG's phone records? I suppose it isn't difficult to determine where his phone was in that time frame.

Could DS have an unwanted pregnancy and disappeared on her own volition?

<modsnip>

These are the kinds of things we should ALL be exploring to do the proper job in this venue. Anything, everything. Grasp, grasp, grasp...

We are here to solve crimes, look at behaviors and consider every possibility. No one is probably fixated on a particular detail but it has just left itself open for examination and to date, they may not be able to justify it. For instance that friend, whoever she is that did not report her missing until dinnertime the following day leads itself to much interpretation. That friend might think DS is flighty and just didn't show up. She may have known DS was exhausted from partying the night before and just wanted to sleep. She may have had her own issues and put DS on the back burner. That friend may have been directly involved or somehow responsible for DS disappearance.
That said, one can get a better understanding on why it is imperative to cover all possible scenarios. Thanks for your input NINAB. I hope I effectively answered your question!
I agree with you on this, strongly, and in no way does that deride the character of the friend. It does not make her a bad friend or a bad person. It's been my assumption all along that the friend most likely knew some minor yet possibly significant things that LE and family decided, with all good reason, not to relay to the public. But who knows, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici