UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about her comments, but on the same webpage it says all four have been identified. And the police have never commented on the four since. When she made her comment about legitimate reasons, she did not know who was driving the fourth vehicle. The legitimate reason could be I was looking for a short cut or made a wrong turn. If the police think one of those vehicles could still be suspect, I would think we would have heard that from them.

I deliberately included it in my quote that all the vehicles had been identified:

"The vehicles have been identified and the drivers have been spoken to and are still under investigation at this time."

Note, vehicles (plural) have been identified and are still under investigation. I stand by my statement that, as far as public knowledge goes, one vehicle does not have a legitimate reason for being there, and vehicles (plural) are still under investigation.

If LE have reason to suspect the involvement of one or more of these (or any other) vehicles, I would definitely NOT expect to hear about it unless/until a criminal case goes to trial.

As I said, if the situation with the vehicles is different from that stated by Nicola on 28 December, please post a link, thank you.

I deliberately included it in my quote that all the vehicles had been identified:

"The vehicles have been identified and the drivers have been spoken to and are still under investigation at this time."

Note, vehicles (plural) have been identified and are still under investigation. I stand by my statement that, as far as public knowledge goes, one vehicle does not have a legitimate reason for being there, and vehicles (plural) are still under investigation.

If LE have reason to suspect the involvement of one or more of these (or any other) vehicles, I would definitely NOT expect to hear about it unless/until a criminal case goes to trial.

As I said, if the situation with the vehicles is differenty from that stated by Nicola on 28 December, please post a link, thank you.

What reason did they give for being there? Of course you must know if you know it was not legitimate. Why is the only source for this info the family? The police have been silent. They clearly release cctv images of people, so if they need help with vehicles why no images or call for help? I would expect if they have a driver of a vehicle who is under suspicion, there would be search warrants and police activity. Perhaps I am wrong, but a quote from his mom is not good enough for me.

What reason did they give for being there? Of course you must know if you know it was not legitimate. Why is the only source for this info the family? The police have been silent. They clearly release cctv images of people, so if they need help with vehicles why no images or call for help? I would expect if they have a driver of a vehicle who is under suspicion, there would be search warrants and police activity. Perhaps I am wrong, but a quote from his mom is not good enough for me.

Obviously the family are being told more than the public, and I imagine LE know a lot more than they are telling anyone, including family. I agree that not having a legitimate reason for being in the area does not automatically mean someone is involved or guilty of anything.

LE don't need help with the vehicles, they have all been identified - going by the recenlty-released photo of the car and bike, in which the car's registration number is blurred out, registration numbers can be read from the CCTV and vehicle owners identified that way, so no need for public appeals on vehicles.

I assume that, if no search warrant has been executed (does anyone here know if the public would necessarilty be informed of this?), it would be due to lack of evidence.

Were his lights on in the previous image? Also it was stated he was "cycling around Cornhill" in the narrative with previous pic. Is this still near the grapes but now facing the opposite direction. I am just going by the triangular road sign on the passenger side. Also the MSM stated he was talking to taxi drivers (plural).

I've said before I find the cyclist extremely suspicious.

What on earth is he doing on a bike like that at that time of the morning in a town centre? Think about it. I would say that's a rare sight.

Are we really meant to assume that this guy has not been clocked on any other CCTV whatsoever? His route must be known but not being shared IMO.

He has not come forward - if after another week he still hasn't, I suspect something to hide. Will have to wait to see if more info of his location or route is released in a week or so.

The bike looks unique - some sort of racer with white drop handlebars - not that much of a racer though as it has wheel reflectors. If time was free - I would be very interested in CCTV of previous weekends at the same time.

If it's a racer, once up to speed it can probably do a decent distance in a decent time - only a lunatic or very careless person (no helmet) would ride it without lights for a long distance.

What is a guy doing on a bike at that time of night? If he is leaving work surely police have an idea where he works because of his route on said bike, which you would think is on CCTV. This is a town centre.

I've said before that the driver of the black mondeo has been identified and spoken to. We don't know what he said about the cyclist - but as he hasn't identified him you have to assume he doesn't know him or for some reason does know him - and is keeping his mouth shut.

As said before - no helmet, reflective clothing, no bike lights - for that time of night looks suspicious and certainly not a "regular" (if you can ever say that?!) middle of the night commuter.

Does not add up. Eyes should
be peeled for that particular bike and if it appears again in the town centre.

What on earth was he asking that driver "if" he doesn't know him?

After speaking, where does he immediately go? Would love to know this and hope/bet the police know!

No idea to be honest. Reading the rule book I posted yesterday (dated 2011 incidentally) a number of rules don't seem to apply anymore. It says Hackney cabs have to be all/mostly black but look at the below taxi rank on Google. I believe I'm correct only Hackney cabs can use the ranks?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.24...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Quoting this post from the last thread.

If you go to the Wikipedia page on Hackney Carriages and look at the photos on there you can see a particular style of car. That's the Hackney Carriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackney_carriage

They're the ones that have that rule about being mostly black.

The cars in that image are not Hackney Carriages, therefore they are not subject to that set of rules. They don't have to be mostly black, and they don't have to carry the "Taxi" sign all the time. Most likely, I expect, they will be the bubble type that can be removed when a driver is driving back to his 'base' and isn't for hire. Th up in the morning after driving to work in their own car.

Where I live there's a small town where I've never seen a Hackney Carriage. There still might be places where companies park up (a taxi rank) but they're not Hackney Carriages just by dint of sitting in the rank...they're Hackney Carriages by the specific type of car. The two different styles of taxi are usually subject do different sets of rules, which will vary by town council.

So the private hire cars in the ranks in the image in the quote are not Hackney Carriages, they're private hire cars, which are not subject to the Hackney Carriage rules but will have to operate via a different set of rules set by the town council.

(Had to edit about five times to get the quote right! It's a pain to carry one over from another thread, but I think I finally have it right.)

Is the guy wearing the No Fear tshirt crouched down behind the passenger door of the car?

I'm looking at the car image not zoomed in. To me it's as clear as day there is somebody there. Either they have a bag over their shoulder or they are wearing clothing with a mark over the left shoulder area.

I'm looking at the car image not zoomed in. To me it's as clear as day there is somebody there. Either they have a bag over their shoulder or they are wearing clothing with a mark over the left shoulder area.

If there was someone crouching down, they would have been able to see them on the CCTV walking towards the car. Although, I can see how it does look like someone.

They don't want us to see much as they obviously have better pics of the guy on the bike. They want to put these people together.

Back to the cyclist. I think he might not necessarily be a he. I could be wrong, but I was right about the elderly man being a man! Either way, am I seeing something that could be a ponytail in the car photo? A light colour length if you can see? I also thought it looked like something was on his/her head in the photo by The Grapes. But tbh I can't be categoric on either. The more you look, the more you (think?) you see..

If there was someone crouching down, they would have been able to see them on the CCTV walking towards the car. Although, I can see how it does look like someone.

The car door is open for a reason. Has a customer just left, in which case why leave the car door open? Has a customer just got in, in which case why leave the car door open? Was the cyclist asking if that taxi had taken a particular fare? An 'I've lost my mate, have you seen him/picked him up? Tall, blonde, pink shirt?'. It would work with why he/she has supposedly spoken to other taxi drivers?

They are unsure as to whether the cyclist is male or female. The caption on the picture says we are looking for the "person" on the bike. Where as the other pictures say male/female.

Back to the cyclist. I think he might not necessarily be a he. I could be wrong, but I was right about the elderly man being a man! Either way, am I seeing something that could be a ponytail in the car photo? A light colour length if you can see? I also thought it looked like something was on his/her head in the photo by The Grapes. But tbh I can't be categoric on either. The more you look, the more you (think?) you see..

The head is turned to the right, light area I see is not in the correct place for a ponytail.

It's amazing what different things, different people see.

There is simply pavement and the left side of the warning triangle sign visible through the passenger window. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car door is open for a reason. Has a customer just left, in which case why leave the car door open? Has a customer just got in, in which case why leave the car door open? Was the cyclist asking if that taxi had taken a particular fare? An 'I've lost my mate, have you seen him/picked him up? Tall, blonde, pink shirt?'. It would work with why he/she has supposedly spoken to other taxi drivers?

I don't see the car door open? There is a triangular road sign next to the passenger side

What door is open, I can not see an open door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member