GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to hear the judges post verdict chat, sounds like hes quite clear in his belief of what happened
You might be forgiven for thinking that, but he's only repeating the evidence. That's what makes the defence so farcical, really.

It was needed I think, since Stewart repeated so many times that he had been diagnosed with cancer and only had 3 months to live.

Exactly - the subtext 'If he'll say common or garden piles are cancer, he'll tell outrageous lies about anything!'

I have just been back thru the evidence to try and work out what was the missing bit on Tara's feed this morning

Tara's feed
Stewart spoke about Helen in past tense, doctor said
“Dr Dlugon said on June 17 the defendant spoke about Helen Bailey in the past tense, saying ‘she was always a worrier’.
“She said Stewart was talking about going on holiday, which did not fit with the picture she had about someone concerned about their missing partner. “In cross examination by the defence, Dr Dlugon said

the cross exam information that I found is;
Ursula Dlugon is now being cross examined by the defence. She confirms that people had been encouraging Stewart to go on holiday, and he said he was not sure. “In my opinion there was a low risk of him harming himself on holiday, so it was a good idea for him to go.”

so Defence obviously keen to get Dr Dlugon to say that she did think it was a good idea for IS to go on hols, even though she thought it did not fit the picture of a concerned partner

"so Defence obviously keen to get Dr Dlugon to say that she did think it was a good idea for IS to go on hols, even though she thought it did not fit the picture of a concerned partner"

Not a very important point, imo

What a flipping hypochondriac. Oooh I'm dying everyone pity me and pay me loads of attention. Oh...sorry... just a bad case of the arsegrapes.

Thank you neteditor........arsegrapes ......you made me laugh so much, this guy has been playing the poor me for 20 years what a ****[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The defendant made a journey to Leatherhead on April 18, 2016.
“The offices of Anthony Hurley had once been there, and the defendant went there without realising the offices had been moved to London.
“Mr Hurley received a call from his PA asking him to call the defendant.
He said when he called him, the defendant said ‘I am in a terrible state, I was going to look you straight in the eye and ask you if Helen was staying with you.
“Mr Hurley told him that if she had turned up on his doorstep, he would’ve told her to contact the police. “The prosecution ask why if the defendant knew Helen had been kidnapped by Joe and Nick, why didn’t he confide in Tony Hurley, rather than ask him if Helen was with him, which he knew not to be true?”

Any thoughts on why IS really made that trip to Tony Hurley a week after Helen died? He admits himself he knew she wasnt with him and the story about confiding him about the kidnappers was clearly BS. So what was the true purpose of that visit?

Was he going to play the worried fiancee who thought Tony might know where she was, in an attempt to get Tony onside for when the will came into play?

Or was he going to ask him about the will?

Thank you Alyce for the Court updates and pasting it together in place x Today, you are the deliverer of great summing up! Love to you and Judge Bright.

Thank you neteditor........arsegrapes ......you made me laugh so much, this guy has been playing the poor me for 20 years what a ****[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I know, I'm beginning to wonder if he deliberately walked into that bloody glass door to get compo now :giggle::giggle:

I know, I'm beginning to wonder if he deliberately walked into that bloody glass door to get compo now :giggle::giggle:

Also I would also imagine it will be not lost on the jury just how he managed to get a monthly income of nearly 2 grand whilst unemployed.

This is a man who seems not to have worked since his mid-thirties due to ‘ill health’ so hardly time to build up a pension pot. At best he’s only going to get a minimal amount on any investments at today’s rates so has he been fiddling welfare on the grounds of his ‘illness’ despite a doctor saying he is essentially fit and healthy. Questions should be asked!!!

Any thoughts on why IS really made that trip to Tony Hurley a week after Helen died? He admits himself he knew she wasnt with him and the story about confiding him about the kidnappers was clearly BS. So what was the true purpose of that visit?

Was he going to play the worried fiancee who thought Tony might know where she was, in an attempt to get Tony onside for when the will came into play?

My understanding was the visit just proved IS had Helen's will at the forefront of his mind, he knew Tony Hurley had great power in this respect and he had to keep him on side and believing he was innocent in her disappearance. And wasn't there some mention of bad blood between IS and Tony Hurley - that TH had made some comment about the wedding, maybe suggested there was no engagement? I was never clear about this when it was raised, or the context. Anyone else recall it?

My understanding was the visit just proved IS had Helen's will at the forefront of his mind, he knew Tony Hurley had great power in this respect and he had to keep him on side and believing he was innocent in her disappearance. And wasn't there some mention of bad blood between IS and Tony Hurley - that TH had made some comment about the wedding, maybe suggested there was no engagement? I was never clear about this when it was raised, or the context. Anyone else recall it?

Yeah I vaguely remember something about him not believing Helen actually wanted to marry IS.

I would just loved to have found out what he was really planning to say to Tony had he been there when he arrived. Was he going to do the "Is she with you?" bollox or was he just going to launch straight into asking about the will. Oh to have been a fly on that hypothetical wall lol

Also I would also imagine it will be not lost on the jury just how he managed to get a monthly income of nearly 2 grand whilst unemployed.

This is a man who seems not to have worked since his mid-thirties due to ‘ill health’ so hardly time to build up a pension pot. At best he’s only going to get a minimal amount on any investments at today’s rates so has he been fiddling welfare on the grounds of his ‘illness’ despite a doctor saying he is essentially fit and healthy. Questions should be asked!!!

I think if he gets off he'll be having to hand back his 19 year old blue badge.

My feeling was he would somehow find a way to talk about the will. Devious b*gg*r.

I was just talking about this with my daughter, I am baffled as to his £2000 Per month, he clearly never worked long enough for a pension of any kind , I know some of this will be disability benefits but certainly not all, it's a mystery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sedative found in hair samples

“Toxicologist Dr Mark Piper examined samples of Helen Bailey’s hair. “The sedative drug Zopiclone was found in these samples, as well as Helen’s chest cavity fluid, liver sample and muscle tissue.

“A very low level of paracetamol was also found in Helen’s chest cavity fluid.

“He told you that although Zopiclone will disappear from the body of a living person after only days, it will become incorporated into the hair, where it will be detectable for a long time thereafter.

“He said on the assumption Helen met her death on April 11, the Zopiclone had been ingested by Helen as early as February 2016. “He said Zopiclone would have been ingested by Helen more than once.”

Prescription-only drug was for insomnia
“Dr Piper said Zopiclone was a prescription only drug, taken for insomnia.

“He said the tablets should be swallowed whole. Zopiclone is rapidly absorbed after administration and effects on the nervous system appear one or two hours after use.

“He told you a bitter or metallic taste in the mouth is an adverse effect of Zopiclone, which may affect one in 10 people.

“He said in some cases, the taste may not be apparent, due to the fact the patient had been asleep when abnormal taste would have otherwise been apparent

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12627822

So, apart from the adverse taste being something which * may * affect one in 10 people....

there is also this point -that if Helen fell asleep quickly each time she was dosed with the Zopiclone ( being as it was likely a heavy dose ) then she may never have known about the taste at all.

I was just talking about this with my daughter, I am baffled as to his £2000 Per month, he clearly never worked long enough for a pension of any kind , I know some of this will be disability benefits but certainly not all, it's a mystery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m sure there will be some of the jurors who do not get £2000 a month net whilst working so having to judge a lying devious excuse for a person who gets that amount whilst sitting on their pile infested arse will colour their judgement. It shouldn’t but it will!!

So, apart from the adverse taste being something which * may * affect one in 10 people....

there is also this point -that if Helen fell asleep quickly each time she was dosed with the Zopiclone ( being as it was likely a heavy dose ) then she may never have known about the taste at all.

If it can kick in in as little as 20 minutes I wonder how he knew it wouldnt affect her till after she'd taken Boris a walk or did he give it her after the walk?

I've been wondering how he accrued £163,000 in his bank accounts as he has not worked for all those years.

Alyce, chances are that she didn't know about the taste of it at all, I agree

When we first heard in evidence about IS' £7k compensation from the leisure centre door incident, it explained a lot in my eyes. It was his first taste of a big cash payout - money for nothing - he was a young man and back then £7k was a considerable sum. I feel this big windfall set the template for his future life ambitions. To have big payouts land in his lap without working for them. And to seek out ways to achieve this by ruthlessly manipulating other people's perceptions of him.

By the age of 56 he had been incredibly successful in this respect. A house worth nearly half a million plus a sizeable sum in the bank, £2k a month without doing a stroke of work and a millionairess fiance into the bargain. If he hadn't murdered Helen and simultaneously pressed the self destruct button, his life would have been a remarkable success story of minimum effort for maximum reward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim