UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if you go to 8.30 UT says about the CCTV being extensive but not comprehensive and there are gaps.

tbf to UT that's a very early interview isn't it? He wouldn't have known about all the private CCTV at that time IMO

If we had the video of the bin lorry reversing it might make more sense to search the landfill, I.e. if the temp driver is going faster that expected or if he's on the phone or if he goes straight up to the bins rather than going close then moving the bin.

I wonder if there is a cheat that allows the driver to hit a bin and load it from the cab to save the driver getting out, sort of thing that could be tried on your own at 4am.

No one about , certainly no one taking a toilet break behind a bin ?

See Ns appeal for people to own up because there is a real possibility that this will be a case of not enough evidence to say if he got in on his own or was put in.

A guilty conscience is what the case relies upon.

See Ns appeal for people to own up because there is a real possibility that this will be a case of not enough evidence to say if he got in on his own or was put in.

A guilty conscience is what the case relies upon.
Super, can you post a link for Ns appeal that you quote please? Cheers.

The loud reversing alarm would not have been sounding at that time of the morning because section 99 of the road vehicle regs 1986 means it is illegal for the siren to be used between 2330 and 0700. If the driver was undertaking a reverse (which I assume he would have been to reverse back to the bins to lift it) then the alarm would definitely have been switched off at that time. There have been a number of accidents involving bin lorries and fatalities, one company was fined £250k by HSE.
Section 99 1 (b) states in motion on a restricted road. I don't think this would apply reversing and in the loading bay would it? I would think as it is a loading bay they would have to use reversing alarms at all times due to HSE rules.

If we had the video of the bin lorry reversing it might make more sense to search the landfill, I.e. if the temp driver is going faster that expected or if he's on the phone or if he goes straight up to the bins rather than going close then moving the bin.

I wonder if there is a cheat that allows the driver to hit a bin and load it from the cab to save the driver getting out, sort of thing that could be tried on your own at 4am.

No one about , certainly no one taking a toilet break behind a bin ?
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but you need to look at what 'must' have happened.

Driver crashes into a bin killing a man behind the bin who was taking a sh**.

Was there damage to the bin lorry, bin or property?

Was there blood or tissue left behind by the crushing?

Did the three teenagers or anyone else hear the crash?

Did the driver take Corries phone out his pocket, was it still on top of the bin after the crash or had Corrie already put his phone in the bin?

Did the driver put the phone into his own bin lorry after killing Corrie? Why would he do that?

Did the driver lift Corrie into another bin?

Did forensics miss blood, tissue or matter left behind by the crushing?

Did the dogs miss blood, tissue or matter left behind by the crushing?

Did the driver know there was no CCTV in that area or did he gamble?

Why did he not phone 999 and simply say I have just crushed a guy who was taking a sh** behind a bin and I need an ambulance?

The driver of the bin lorry is a substitute driver I.e. a temp worker the real driver was off sick that day.

I think that C was hit by the bin lorry and knocked out or worse , the driver panicked and put him in a bin, the phone was inadvertantly in the bin lorry as it was left on top of the recycling bin by c and then loaded in.

This fits , C in one lorry after his phone left in the first bin , no evidence of c as he was in another bin not collected by the lorry on CCTV, but collect by a lorry on the monday.

Remember this post when the landfill search is done.

If this was the case surely forensics would have picked something up?

I think a crushing accident between bin and wall, or lorry and bin/anything else, there should be forensic traces, and then if a body was stuck in a bin afterwards and stayed there for 2 days there should be strong traces in the bin.

I watched a video last night with a blood sniffing dog, and it was amazing how little blood it needed in order to sniff it out.

We don't know exactly which tools were used in the bin area or on the bins, but I still believe a body-crushing incident that caused instant or near death would leave a trace.

I don't know if I've just watched too many episodes of Bones, but there ought to be some differences between the bones of a body that's been attacked prior to a bin lorry pickup vs just the latter?

I am very disturbed by the video posted near the end of the last thread with the video of someone actually going into the back of a bin lorry after being emptied from a bin...but if that guy in the video was dead or severely injured, he wouldn't have been noticed by that camera...it was only by standing up that he became visible.

And then in that video they admitted someone had ended up baled up in a paper/cardboard bale! How on Earth can that happen?!

Whatever happened to Corrie, the touching on these subjects really screams out for the need for more protections in these processes. I don't know what is reasonable and realistic but just having a human eye going over the conveyor of cardboard for baling is going to catch a body in there! Maybe those large bins need to be keycard activated so that only the legit user and bin lorry driver can even open the lid.

I wonder how many people the police have walking through the HS after Corrie went in and not one of them noticed a guy in a pink shirt and white jeans.

Then the coincidence that Corrie goes missing from a bin storage area the same night a stand in bin lorry driver is in the same area.

Then the Cadaver dogs not picking anything up. When you start reading about those dogs and what they are able to detect, it seems impossible to me that a dead body was in one of those bins. I wonder how many Cadaver dogs were used?

I'm putting Corries phone in that bin lorry somewhere. The police carried out a second test on the lorry to test the phone signal. They must be finding it difficult to put the phone in another vehicle.

If Corrie was in the recycling bin he was missed by the following:
Driver
Rear safety camera
Sorting station staff
Landfill staff
Forensics
Sniffer dogs
Cadaver dogs

I know nothing about forensics. If Corrie was in the cab unharmed, would the police change their investigation based on a negative from the forensic tests? Or would they still keep that line of investigation open?

I wonder how many people the police have walking through the HS after Corrie went in and not one of them noticed a guy in a pink shirt and white jeans.

Then the coincidence that Corrie goes missing from a bin storage area the same night a stand in bin lorry driver is in the same area.

Then the Cadaver dogs not picking anything up. When you start reading about those dogs and what they are able to detect, it seems impossible to me that a dead body was in one of those bins. I wonder how many Cadaver dogs were used?

I'm putting Corries phone in that bin lorry somewhere. The police carried out a second test on the lorry to test the phone signal. They must be finding it difficult to put the phone in another vehicle.

If Corrie was in the recycling bin he was missed by the following:
Driver
Rear safety camera
Sorting station staff
Landfill staff
Forensics
Sniffer dogs
Cadaver dogs

I know nothing about forensics. If Corrie was in the cab unharmed, would the police change their investigation based on a negative from the forensic tests? Or would they still keep that line of investigation open?

Who said he was dead in the bin? Perhaps just unconscious and died in the lorry or even later.

Who said he was dead in the bin? Perhaps just unconscious and died in the lorry or even later.
For that to happen he was missed by:
Driver
Rear safety camera
Sorting station staff
Landfill staff
Forensics

No bones were found at the back end of the recycling process. These jobs are mostly manual labour. How did the body get to landfill via the sorting station?

For that to happen he was missed by:
Driver
Rear safety camera
Sorting station staff
Landfill staff
Forensics

No bones were found at the back end of the recycling process. These jobs are mostly manual labour. How did the body get to landfill via the sorting station?
dead or alive he was missed by all of the above, so far. I have no idea what is true. without becoming a broken record myself, why the interest in a landfill that for months we were told could not possibly contain C? What has changed? Or what are they basing that on? Good questions the police choose not to answer.

dead or alive he was missed by all of the above, so far. I have no idea what is true. without becoming a broken record myself, why the interest in a landfill that for months we were told could not possibly contain C? What has changed? Or what are they basing that on? Good questions the police choose not to answer.
He wasn't missed by anybody if he wasn't in the back of the recycling lorry. I am trying to eliminate the rear of the lorry but leave the cab open to investigation. I was wondering how the police would look at the negative forensic test carried out in the cab.

Section 99 1 (b) states in motion on a restricted road. I don't think this would apply reversing and in the loading bay would it? I would think as it is a loading bay they would have to use reversing alarms at all times due to HSE rules.

I think it applies anywhere that there could be any surrounding residential properties, regardless if the lorry is backing into the loading bay section 99 would still apply as the road will still be a restricted road because of the speed limit. I asked a friend of mine who has a haulage company and he said they definitely would not have been allowed to use the reversing siren between 2330 and 0700.

Was it two or three weeks after Corrie went missing that the bin lorry was forensically checked and was this one or two different lorries? If Corrie was in the back of a bin lorry, how many people think that it was the result of a) him getting into a bin himself to sleep and being tipped into the lorry or b) a tragic accident involving a lorry reversing then Corrie being 'put' in a bin or c) something entirely different

Was it two or three weeks after Corrie went missing that the bin lorry was forensically checked and was this one or two different lorries? If Corrie was in the back of a bin lorry, how many people think that it was the result of a) him getting into a bin himself to sleep and being tipped into the lorry or b) a tragic accident involving a lorry reversing then Corrie being 'put' in a bin or c) something entirely different
I am definitely not b.

I'm a c. If anything had happened with the bin man (accidental reversing resulting in a dead or very injured body for example) I just don't know why he wouldn't have called an ambulance? How many of us would have gone to the lengths of hiding a body if it was a genuine accident, unless he just went into a blind panic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member