IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide me the link of them saying they found their phones and saying the thing about nightmares.

This is available in the media and maps thread I believe, you just have to watch the entire press conference. Which is here:

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/22/offici...vide-info-on-double-homicide-of-delphi-teens/

They've consistently said it comes from Liberty German's cell phone. Not from her account, her cloud, online postings, social media... from her cell phone. IMO words matter and they're choosing them carefully. JMO

Now if you want to hear the police say "We have recovered Liberty German's cellphonne", you won't find that. They have however said multiple times that Liberty recorded the audio and video on her phone, they recovered it from her phone, and she's a hero. That's about as specific as I've seen. JMO and HTH.

ETA - from the link I shared above -

"Police say a photo showing the suspect in jeans and a sweatshirt or jacket was captured in video recorded on German’s cell phone. The video also captured what may be the suspect’s voice saying “down the hill.”

Authorities say they have additional video from the cell phone that they’re not yet releasing to the public.

Police said German is “a hero” for having the presence of mind to record video during the incident."

<snip>

"Officers said German&#8217;s camera captured an image of the suspect between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the same day the girls went missing."

Thread is open for posting again.

Before this gets away, plus the fact that I just woke up and am trying to play catch up: I understand the discussion from last night is off limits but can we ask if whoever was leading that discussion called in their tip?

I've been reading up on geocashing in Indiana. I've read several articles that specifically mention cemeteries. Turns out, there are specific cemetery challenges, some with names like "rest in peace" and "one foot in the grave". I guess its unlikely that they went to the cemetery to look for, or plant, a cashe without mentioning it to Libby's sister since it appears to have been a family hobby. But, maybe on site, the perp informed them of a cemetery cache as a lure?

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=e8fcee26-90ce-4825-a10b-2eae738d8528

I also ran across a disturbing article about an australian case where geocashing came up in the case of a missing toddler(apologies if this is not allowed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nted-tree-trunk-geocache-gamer-left-find.html

This article I came across has probably already been posted, but someone mentioned to watch for suicides, etc. in and around IN/KY/OH, etc. This one says there was no foul play, so I wondered if it was a suicide. LaGrange County IN. http://wane.com/2017/02/21/body-found-near-lagrange-county-lake/
There was discussion about this when the body was initially found. I haven't seen any updates on cause of death other than not suspecting foul play.

I don't think we can sleuthe this person any further publicly if I understand the rules properly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've been reading up on geocashing in Indiana. I've read several articles that specifically mention cemeteries. Turns out, there are specific cemetery challenges, some with names like "rest in peace" and "one foot in the grave". I guess its unlikely that they went to the cemetery to look for, or plant, a cashe without mentioning it to Libby's sister since it appears to have been a family hobby. But, maybe on site, the perp informed them of a cemetery cache as a lure?

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=e8fcee26-90ce-4825-a10b-2eae738d8528

I also ran across a disturbing article about an australian case where geocashing came up in the case of a missing toddler(apologies if this is not allowed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nted-tree-trunk-geocache-gamer-left-find.html

They JUST reopened the thread after shutting it down because we keep discussing the geocaching and other stuff. We really IMO should leave this topic alone.

Before this gets away, plus the fact that I just woke up and am trying to play catch up: I understand the discussion from last night is off limits but can we ask if whoever was leading that discussion called in their tip?
It was stated before, the tip was called and emailed in.

I could be very wrong, but wasn't that statement from the press conference?

I googled the girls names with "nightmares are made of" as was quoted by Perceptionist5591 and nothing came up. I also googled the part about them finding Liberty's phone and nothing came up.

So we need a link or that post needs to be deleted because it is untrue

OK, after watching GH's very good videos on youtube, I think I have changed my mind and now agree with FallingDown and BobSaccamano and others that the perp exited with them to the south end of the bridge and went across the creek, probably exiting to his awaiting vehicle parked at the cemetery. Watch these two vids, part 1 and 2 if you haven't already. What do you think? To me this is even stronger indication that he was intimately familiar with the location. I think GH is correct that the pic of the perp is taken pretty far to the south. Really great videos to give you perspective of the area. Thanks for pointing me to the vids. Reposting the link here if you've missed it. ETA: I recommend turning the sound off. The video is frightening enough as it is.

[video=youtube;ZM5ar0Tvc1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5ar0Tvc1A[/video]

I googled the girls names with "nightmares are made of" as was quoted by Perceptionist5591 and nothing came up. I also googled the part about them finding Liberty's phone and nothing came up.

I already replied to your post. Just go back ONE page in this thread and read it. The link has been provided for you at least once.

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) &#8212; Many are crediting teamwork to the progress made so far in the Delphi double homicide investigation. More than 20 police agencies, dozens of top investigators and even a retired prosecutor are dedicating time and resources.

Detectives said they won&#8217;t stop until the Delphi double homicide case is solved.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve been saying today is going to be the day,&#8221; said Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum.

He said each day they come in with the mind-set, that today is the day they&#8217;ll finally be able to crack the case.

&#8220;I woke up this morning and most of the investigators in there &#8211; we want this to be the day that we put someone in the Carroll County Jail for the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams,&#8221; Slocum said.

He said working the double homicide investigation has become a team effort, and it wouldn&#8217;t be possible without the manpower behind it.

&#8220;West Lafayette put it earlier to me in the week,&#8221; Slocum said. &#8220;He said, &#8216;He&#8217;s put his best officers on this case.'&#8221;

More than 100 top investigators and 20 agencies have been putting in sleepless nights and tireless hours.

&#8220;Those departments include your West Lafayette Police Department and Purdue University, Tippecanoe County Sheriff&#8217;s Office,&#8221; said Slocum.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/24/over-20-law-enforcement-agencies-team-up-to-solve-delphi-homicides/

This is available in the media and maps thread I believe, you just have to watch the entire press conference. Which is here:

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/22/offici...vide-info-on-double-homicide-of-delphi-teens/

They've consistently said it comes from Liberty German's cell phone. Not from her account, her cloud, online postings, social media... from her cell phone. IMO words matter and they're choosing them carefully. JMO

Now if you want to hear the police say "We have recovered Liberty German's cellphonne", you won't find that. They have however said multiple times that Liberty recorded the audio and video on her phone, they recovered it from her phone, and she's a hero. That's about as specific as I've seen. JMO and HTH.

ETA - from the link I shared above -

"Police say a photo showing the suspect in jeans and a sweatshirt or jacket was captured in video recorded on German’s cell phone. The video also captured what may be the suspect’s voice saying “down the hill.”

Authorities say they have additional video from the cell phone that they’re not yet releasing to the public.

Police said German is “a hero” for having the presence of mind to record video during the incident."

<snip>

"Officers said German’s camera captured an image of the suspect between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the same day the girls went missing."
Right I agree they have audio and video...awesome...where they got it from..it has never been actually stated...cloud or cell...so...we still don't know...you have ur opinion I have mine and I'll leave it at that...its not "verified" if they have an actual phone. That's all I'm saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I already replied to your post. Just go back ONE page in this thread and read it. The link has been provided for you at least once.

Here's another that alludes to the fact that this was nightmarish, though not the exact article with the quote which I assure you anyone can google just like I"m doing right now, and which I tend to do if I wonder if something has a source - http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

"The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won&#8217;t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they&#8217;ve seen the video and likely won&#8217;t be able to stop thinking about it.

&#8220;Imagine what that must be like, it&#8217;s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,&#8221; said Carter.

News 18 asked, &#8220;Do you expect to release anything else from that video?&#8221;

Carter replied, &#8220;I hope we don&#8217;t have to"

I drove myself mad yesterday reading these threads.

My thoughts this morning are why in the hell are the pics of the suspect on the billboards so damn small? IMO that image should be as big as they could have gotten it on there.

I also still don't understand people criticizing LE for holding back information from the public. Honestly ask yourself, do you REALLY think LE wants to make it harder for them to find this guy? Do you REALLY think LE is not 100% invested in finding this guy? Do you honestly really think that LE hasn't given us the absolute most they could without potentially jeopardizing this case in their educated opinions, people who do this for a living.

I know we all want answers, and we want all the details of this guy to find him. Seriously, watch the PC from a few days ago and tell me those officers weren't absolutely shaken to their core over this. They want to find this guy, they are doing everything they can to protect the girls, their families, and innocent people.

TRUST that they are giving us what the can, and nothing more. I have a feeling they will be forced to release more soon out of desperation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bbm
it's been noted by a lot of us that when you enlarge that picture it becomes even more indistinct. the pic of the is not the best quality to begin with but enlarged it's truly awful.

I hope it is not against the TOS. Thank you :snooty: :(

[video]https://youtu.be/urgjKJAgbhE[/video]

But for the tight-knit community the two girls grew up in, the tragedy is made more difficult because police have not caught the person responsible.

&#8220;It has just been surreal seeing FBI and news trucks in my town,&#8221; said Jennifer Roth.

Roth and her daughter, Emilee have been selling Abby and Libby wristbands for the past week to raise money for the families the two girls who were killed. They continued their fundraiser at Friday night's high school basketball game.

&#8220;It&#8217;s something inexpensive that everybody can do. It&#8217;s a dollar, and they feel like they did something,&#8221; said Roth.

Theirs is just one of nearly a dozen fundraisers that have been going on in the small community over the past week.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-continues-to-support-murdered-teens-families

Watch the press conference. A previous posted stated it was said in the press conference.

It has NOT been ' verified ' they have the actual phone... find me that statement from LE...and I will change my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member