IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize there are fanny packs made for the sole purpose of concealing a gun.
This sort of looks familiar
attachment.php

Attachments

• f2ce5cda5b7141a2b12f921490f32554.jpg
    f2ce5cda5b7141a2b12f921490f32554.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 634
Can someone quickly update me? Been dealing with a sick hubby who has the flu and didn't get enough noodles in his soup according to him :gaah:

The reward is more than $216,000 now. People across the country are buying orange light bulbs for their porches and are going to keep them on until the murderer is caught. Over 500 tips were received overnight. The Delphi businesses and schools are all pitching in to help LE and each other.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the information you're providing. I've been busy with real life...but I'm trying to keep up.

Big thanks to LilTexans for posting all of the articles.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Someone asked for a local. I'm here, what do you want to know? I have no insider info.

Are you familiar with the Indiana Packers place? Do they employ part-time or temporary workers that may travel to other similar plants for work? Is there access from the plant to the bridge and/or area where the bodies were found?

I am so sorry that your community has to deal with this. I hope that Abby & Libby's families and friends, the community and all of the law enforcement people know that there are so many people nationwide (and even worldwide) that share in your grief and are standing with you in spirit and prayer.

If the killer did have her phone and deleted the video, would it still have shown in the cloud or whatever, for the police to find? Just wondering why he would not take the phones and destroy any images, or if he did think of it, if it was captured anyway.

great first post! :wagon:

Hello all.

Long time lurker on the site, first time poster. I don't know if it was fate that brought me to this page and this post, but I landed here out of all of the random cases that I could have browsed.

I have not read all of the threads and posts on this discussion. As I said, I just happen to click on this page from this thread and find something I could reply to. That is very odd.

I did go back and re-read the first couple pages of the initial thread on this case in order to familiarize myself.

Anyhow, on to my reply...

I am unable to open the link provided where it appears that member teeandcee located a similar Rothco bag online. Rothco is an importer and wholesaler that has been in the business for years, and does not actually manufacture anything that they sell. It is conceivable that the logo is on a bag marketed by Rothco but sold in many places. Rothco products typically fill out the voids in small independent gun shops that want to stock some tactical gear, or Army-Navy stores.

That being said, the logo to me also resembles the stylized lion design, as member catastrophe_ shared.

But, furthermore, the tactical gear company London Bridge Training uses a similar stylized lion (for lack of a better term), and has handed out promotional bags similar to the one in the photo. I have seen them given away at the LBT booths at the SHOT show at least twice in the past seven years or so that I've attended the show. From memory, the LBT promo bags given out looked slightly different from the photo, however similar enough that it grabbed my attention.

Just had an eerie thought...is it possible the perp could call the tip line & try to throw off the investigation? 😳

You guys got me thinking regarding your talk about line workers...cell tower employees, this being a tool pouch etc. Do you think the logo is either a electrical power tower or a cell tower with the company name across the center? The white sticking out of his coat could be part of the climbing rigging. I don't know who supplies the services to Indiana and don't have time right now to check....tax time and I have a stack on my desk to file tonight. Here is the US cellular logo.

US_Cellular_Logo.jpg

If the killer did have her phone and deleted the video, would it still have shown in the cloud or whatever, for the police to find? Just wondering why he would not take the phones and destroy any images, or if he did think of it, if it was captured anyway.
I have wondered if she might have thrown the phone in the woods at some point and he was unable to find it but investigators did.
Editing to add that Libby was a softball player and a very clever girl so it s possible.

Regarding the logo, the NRA logo has an eagle that in some styles looks similar. I couldn't find any conceal pouches or packs that had the logo on it, other than an old black vinyl one on eBay that doesn't look similar, but I haven't dug very deeply.

nralogo.jpg

[video=twitter;837021315726999553]https://twitter.com/shannon_houser/status/837021315726999553[/video]

depending on the type of phone it likely would still exist in a deleted folder for 30 days that he may not have been aware of.

if he messed with the phone and left it it would be the best chance to get fingerprints so he may have never bothered with it or found it.

his best bet wouldve been to turn the phone off, destroy it & remove the battery, then dispose of it later on

Regarding the logo, the NRA logo has an eagle that in some styles looks similar. I couldn't find any conceal pouches or packs that had the logo on it, other than an old black vinyl one on eBay that doesn't look similar, but I haven't dug very deeply.

attachment.php
This is what I think the pouch is...or something similar. I posted the Klein Tool Logo earlier tonight, but here is one with the logo on it. I think it is somewhat concealed by the jacket with the bottom of the jacket covering the top of the pouch.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-tool belt.jpg
    Capture-tool belt.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 617
I'm sick and have been sleeping all day. There's no way I can look back through everything today - sorry. Can someone please tell me why we are now looking at a logo, and where on the released photo of BG you see a logo. Thanks!

I'm sick and have been sleeping all day. There's no way I can look back through everything today - sorry. Can someone please tell me why we are now looking at a logo, and where on the released photo of BG you see a logo. Thanks!
Hope you feel better, I'm in the same boat!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Hey steelman, your post reminded me that I responded to an earlier post of yours - duh, about 30 seconds before the thread closed and we moved on - where you expressed thoughts about the perp having longtime fantasies about committing this crime. It might have been the last thread or the one before it - I've lost track in the Tunnel of Time, lol...

Anyway, I strongly agree that the perp had fantasized such a scenario for a long time. If that is true then it's a little concerning since prior similar cases I've seen often didn't raise red flags until after the murder. One I mentioned in my post was about a Michigan man who acted out his long time fantasy of necrophilia on his fiancee's daughter. Although he had served time for a murder, the church community who hired him as a pastor felt he had redeemed himself based on his seemingly "born again" behavior.

Another case I suspect is that of Madyson Middleton's murder. Then are the so-called "toy box" kidnappings. It goes on and on and IMO there are more perps out there fantasizing and planning out horrendous crimes than we think.

The good news seems to be that the perps are so focused on living out their fantasy that when the opportunity arises they act in haste and make big mistakes - mistakes that eventually lead LE right to their doorstep. The bad news is that other than some prior history - sometimes involving LE and sometimes not - there was little that would raise concern until it was too late. IOW, in retrospect people close to the perp realized that something was off and wished they had acted on their gut feelings.

I understand that my thoughts won't lead to the discovery of the who murdered Abigail and Liberty but I am confident that eventually someone close to him will begin to suspect him based on odd behavior that they no longer can explain away.

One thing that crossed my mind was a perp who currently is living off the grid. He doesn't necessarily exhibit crazy behavior ala Timothy McVeigh or a "survivalist," rather someone who was known in the community who dropped out of sight in the past year or so.

I had a friend who did exactly that. He wasn't any kind of a nutjob, he just wanted to try living without being connected to the grid. After a few years he got tired of roughing it and came back to our circle of friends. In the meantime though he pretty much also droped out of our thoughts. I wouldn't have connected him to any local crime because, well, I wasn't even thinking about him anymore.

I have no answwers, just throwing out some thoughts. All of this is my own opinion.

Good thought. Also made me wonder if he used to live there and moved away awhile ago and came back to carry out his evil fantasy within his comfort zone. This would also be a good way to slip in unnoticed and local people may not even think of him because he no longer lived there.

Not that it's even remotely the same, but a guy in my town that lived across the street from a friend moved to another state after getting divorced. After being unable to sell his house for over a year, he snuck back into town and rigged the hot tub to catch fire with stacks of newspapers "coincidentally" stacked against it so the house would burn and he could collect the insurance. My friend caught a glimpse of him early one morning and said "Hi" and couldn't figure out why the usually-friendly guy ducked out of sight without responding. Apparently the fire smoldered for awhile before catching and it wasn't until afterwards that my friend realized why the ex-neighbor didn't want to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimKat