UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in the cardboard bale happened in New Zealand

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11667257

I see that they put this paragraph in the article, though

"UK Waste management company Biffa reported 175 people discovered in its bins there last year, 144 more than the previous year."

To be honest, a few weeks ago I would have said, "yeah, they were FOUND", but now I'm just wondering if all of them are found.

BBM - if that statistic is true Biifa are finding over 3 people every week in their bins so I'd say they must have a policy of checking all bins for people. Maybe the charge of PTCOJ is related to saying that the checks had all been done when they hadn't

JMO

"Such as his jacket" ??????

Standard case of the media getting a expert last minute that hasn't really researched the case.

ETA:

suzyjackson said:
BBM - if that statistic is true Biifa are finding over 3 people every week in their bins so I'd say they must have a policy of checking all bins for people. Maybe the charge of PTCOJ is related to saying that the checks had all been done when they hadn't

Possible but then the question arises again about why the BL driver hasn't been arrested? Even if he confessed, he would still need to be formally arrested to make that confession, right? That would mean his arrest would be public record?

Cheers, I knew about the US airbases, but hadn't heard about his American friend. The American guy hasn't came forward or been identified?

hmmm

The American friend was mentioned right from the start by the staff in the MM takeaway but afaik it's never been made public whether that person has been identified, I'd guess they must have been.

tbh I'd say it's not a surprise that people from the RAF and the US bases would be friends in a small town, sounds normal to me

JMO

It's not just about having friends. If you have an Mod pass you can access other bases and use the facilities such as the club, snack bars etc freely. As a uk national working on a U.S. base for 23 years I have visited many bases around the UK including Suffolk.

It's not just about having friends. If you have an Mod pass you can access other bases and use the facilities such as the club, snack bars etc freely. As a uk national working on a U.S. base for 23 years I have visited many bases around the UK including Suffolk.

That is interesting Shires. So would a UK national be able to access a U S base with an MOD pass. ie does what you describe work in reverse? TIA

ETA:: From what I have read US bases in the UK come under UK law. It isn't as if a US base is like the US embassy.
What I find interesting is the difference between military bases and local police force accessibility. So be glad of clarity on this point. Thanks.

That is interesting Shires. So would a UK national be able to access a U S base with an MOD pass. ie does what you describe work in reverse? TIA

ETA:: From what I have read US bases in the UK come under UK law. It isn't as if a US base is like the US embassy.
What I find interesting is the difference between military bases and local police force accessibility. So be glad of clarity on this point. Thanks.
All bases are owned by the MOD estates including the USAF ones. Where I worked had MOD police and sometimes U.S. military on the gates. The police could access the bases if necessary. They are only leased to USAF. It is more than 10 years ago I am talking about now but I don't think it has changed.

All bases are owned by the MOD estates including the USAF ones. Where I worked had MOD police and sometimes U.S. military on the gates. The police could access the bases if necessary. They are only leased to USAF. It is more than 10 years ago I am talking about now but I don't think it has changed.

That is interesting. Exactly what I had understood from research.
But - as far as I know LE have not searched nor investigated the USAF base? Nor AFAIK C's home base?
I have read C's base did its own search though and I can quite appreciate this type of investigation is not made public.
Have to say I've no idea how large these bases are anyway, but considering the public, LE and SULSAR searches that have been carried out elsewhere.......?

JMO

But then the PTCOJ charge would be against the person who should have carried out the check and said they had, not an office bound dispatcher who would have been at home in bed when it all happened.

How is he to know if bins are searched or not?

But then the PTCOJ charge would be against the person who should have carried out the check and said they had, not an office bound dispatcher who would have been at home in bed when it all happened.

How is he to know if bins are searched or not?

As the dispatcher, what if it is his job to tell the drivers what to do/not to do. It could have been a new driver or a relief from an agency. HS could easily have said that he duly informed the driver when he possibly hadn't.

I don't believe I have seen that. It states male and decomposed so is worrying. I agree the Lark does flow into the Little Ouse and Great Ouse but when the Lark was mentioned previously by myself and Amonet it was discounted due to several locks IIRC. However a person could have entered further down the river system possibly. I guess the recent storms have increased the flow.

I suppose that one explanation for his phone cutting out / stopping working would be if it went into a river along with CM.

I think it would be possible for him to hit the water at Barton Mills and end up at Kings Lynn, even if this body isn't his - his could have gone out to sea.

As the dispatcher, what if it is his job to tell the drivers what to do/not to do. It could have been a new driver or a relief from an agency. HS could easily have said that he duly informed the driver when he possibly hadn't.

So what?

That's still not PTCOJ, just not doing your job properly, and it would still be the bin man himself who woould have been asked by the Police "did you check the bins?"

If he said yes - he'd be the one for the high jump.

If he said "no" then they'd have had the reality from the horses mouth.

The dispatcher is unlikely to be PTCOJ by saying what he thought someone else should have done.

So what?

That's still not PTCOJ, just not doing your job properly, and it would still be the bin man himself who woould have been asked by the Police "did you check the bins?"

If he said yes - he'd be the one for the high jump.

If he said "no" then they'd have had the reality from the horses mouth.

The dispatcher is unlikely to be PTCOJ by saying what he thought someone else should have done.

Most transport firms (haulage and passenger) have records that the driver has to complete to show proof various duties have been carried out. Things like walk round checks of the vehicle prior to starting a shift, filling out a log book by ticking and signing/dating that the correct procedures have been carried out etc is also normal. The dispatcher could easily have falsified records to cover up for something a driver should have done but possibly didn't, especially if it was his job to have told the driver but for whatever reason, did not do it.

Sky news reporting no further action on HS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bin weight is interesting.

Oooh I called that.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So the 11kgs was incorrect and he was in the bin all along? Given that there have been a number of deaths and injuries through people sleeping in bins, why can't the retailers and commercial firms who use these bins lock them at the end of the day. Drivers could have a one for all key to open them to empty. Surely this would prevent tragedies like this happening?

So the 11kgs was incorrect and he was in the bin all along? Given that there have been a number of deaths and injuries through people sleeping in bins, why can't the retailers and commercial firms who use these bins lock them at the end of the day. Drivers could have a one for all key to open them to empty. Surely this would prevent tragedies like this happening?

We don't know he was there, but bin weight was 100kg. When they said 11kg was consistent with normal collections.

Well this changes things..
I did wonder if the bin weight had been recorded manually at 110kg and was thought to be an error by the relief driver and logged as 11kg as that was around the usual weight of the collection?
I didn't think C was in a bin due to the weight but I've changed my mind now unfortunately. Awful news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member