UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this theory elsewhere. I just think if he was awake he'd have heard the bin lorry pull up and would have made himself known.

I really struggle with the "got in a bin for a sleep" theory as he'd just had a 90 minute kip and would have been sobering up a bit. The lad took care of his appearance, I doubt he'd risk getting his clothes covered in Greggs waste.I suppose we have to wait and see if he is found at landfill, we're very much at a crossroads waiting to know which direction to take.

Also, I googled landfill close up shots (link below), makes you realise how much they have to sift through, especially if there's any chance they are looking for incinerated remains.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...scTSAhVpI8AKHQV3Do0Q_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=638

I struggle with 'got in a bin to sleep' also because I think it's a struggle to get in a bin to sleep! It's the lids on those big wheelie bins; how does a fit but half-cut male manage to balance the lid while he climbs in and close it after him for an undisturbed kip?

I don't believe I have seen that. It states male and decomposed so is worrying. I agree the Lark does flow into the Little Ouse and Great Ouse but when the Lark was mentioned previously by myself and Amonet it was discounted due to several locks IIRC. However a person could have entered further down the river system possibly. I guess the recent storms have increased the flow.

There were concerns about the US bases early on, too. So when I followed the river from Kings Lynn southwards and realised it passed close to Lakenheath it made me wonder if Corrie could have gone in the water around that area.

I struggle with 'got in a bin to sleep' also because I think it's a struggle to get in a bin to sleep! It's the lids on those big wheelie bins; how does a fit but half-cut male manage to balance the lid while he climbs in and close it after him for an undisturbed kip?

And the risk of sausage roll fat on a Ralph Lauren shirt? I don't think so!

How drunk WAS Corrie at 3:30? We know he was pretty tipsy but still able to walk, talk, order food etc at 1am ish. So after devouring 2 burgers, a kebab and some chips, and having a nap for at least an hour if not nearer 2 hours, how drunk would he still be??

On CCTV2 as he turns into the horseshoe area he looks cold but relaxed. I still think he was probably busting for a wee by then, but I also think the little tinker might have spotted a bike to borrow for his way home.

Probably not, but it wouldn't be impossible. The Lark (which runs by BSE) links up to it but if he'd gone into the water I think he'd have been found as the route is more convoluted. But once it reaches Lakenheath it widens and straightens out on it's way to the Great Ouse at King's Lynn. It's a tidal river I believe, meaning a body wouldn't necessarily always be floating in the same direction, which makes the length of time more viable.

When this story first broke I was sure he'd toppled into the Lark over a low railing bridge near the big roundabout, so this story made me wonder if it could be Corrie.
I thought the same in the beginning as it happens so often.
I think though, that it can't be C because they have determined it is a man, but cannot determine age due to decomposition and after this length of time I doubt they'd be able to even determine it was a man if it was C.

I think though, that it can't be C because they have determined it is a man, but cannot determine age due to decomposition and after this length of time I doubt they'd be able to even determine it was a man if it was C.

I think it's unlikely to be Corrie too. I suppose I'd just rather he accidentally drowned, than got chewed up and left to rot in a dump.

What if he did try to nick a bike and got caught, got punched and knocked out (or instantly killed, it happens) and manhandled into a bin? What if there were people running / cycling / driving about trying to think of a solution, but before they knew it a bin lorry had been? What if contact was made to a mate who works for Biffa and the cover up began there...?

(disclaimer: I don't think I actually think this is what happened, I also think I just don't know what to think any more!)

There were concerns about the US bases early on, too. So when I followed the river from Kings Lynn southwards and realised it passed close to Lakenheath it made me wonder if Corrie could have gone in the water around that area.
I haven't discounted a possible military link yet. There doesn't seem to be much news regarding this man found. That said, there's been no further news on other bodies/remains found either.

Possible he was kept somewhere and was dumped in the landfill or river after the noose was tightening.

I really don't know what to think anymore.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I haven't discounted a possible military link yet. There doesn't seem to be much news regarding this man found. That said, there's been no further news on other bodies/remains found either.

The whole American thing was just weird wasn't it. Corrie usually went out with an American friend, there was an American guy in Mamma Mia, the base wasn't searched, staff there claimed not to have heard about Corrie, no posters up, no police searches. Strange.

Not sure this has been posted already. Scrolling down the article shows a bird's eye video of the actual police searching the site.

Gives a better idea of what is happening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39177495

.........A "needle in a haystack": Searching a landfill site
Steve Gaskin, a former detective with experience of carrying out large-scale searches during his time with the Metropolitan Police, described this latest operation as a "mammoth task".

He said officers will need to sift through all the earth that is moved by hand, "because it's not just Corrie they're looking for".

It would also be "any other associated evidence", such as his jacket, or "anything that may have come out of his pockets".

He said: "They've also got to make sure any forensic evidence that's accrued is treated and dealt with properly... in case there's a criminal case.

"There's been a lapse of six months [since Corrie Mckeague went missing] and you can imagine what's on a rubbish dump - birds, rodents - so there's a good chance, with the weather and all the conditions, particularly if he's a number of metres down, that there will be an element of decomposition.

The whole American thing was just weird wasn't it. Corrie usually went out with an American friend, there was an American guy in Mamma Mia, the base wasn't searched, staff there claimed not to have heard about Corrie, no posters up, no police searches. Strange.
And of course, the phone going in the same direction.

I haven't heard of the American link before. Can anyone show me a quick sitrep?

Cheers

In the article the body was on mud flats and difficult to recover. The mud could have delayed decomposition perhaps?so we will have to wait and see. If it is C it is preferable than being in landfill and having to wait another 10 weeks.

Not sure this has been posted already. Scrolling down the article shows a bird's eye video of the actual police searching the site.

Gives a better idea of what is happening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39177495

.........A "needle in a haystack": Searching a landfill site
Steve Gaskin, a former detective with experience of carrying out large-scale searches during his time with the Metropolitan Police, described this latest operation as a "mammoth task".

He said officers will need to sift through all the earth that is moved by hand, "because it's not just Corrie they're looking for".

It would also be "any other associated evidence", such as his jacket, or "anything that may have come out of his pockets".

He said: "They've also got to make sure any forensic evidence that's accrued is treated and dealt with properly... in case there's a criminal case.

"There's been a lapse of six months [since Corrie Mckeague went missing] and you can imagine what's on a rubbish dump - birds, rodents - so there's a good chance, with the weather and all the conditions, particularly if he's a number of metres down, that there will be an element of decomposition.

"Such as his jacket" ??????

I haven't heard of the American link before. Can anyone show me a quick sitrep?

Cheers

Lakenheath and Mildenhall both have US air bases. Corrie is known to have attended social events at both and the takeaway owner said he usually went in for food with an American pal.

EDIT Actually, now I think about it the American friend serves in the RAF so is based at Honington with Corrie. He was raised in the USA but has an English parent I believe. (have snipped above)

Lakenheath and Mildenhall both have US air bases. Corrie is known to have attended social events at both and the takeaway owner said he usually went in for food with an American pal. Another little ponderance I once had was whether he was in a relationship with this friend and was headed back there for the night.

Cheers, I knew about the US airbases, but hadn't heard about his American friend. The American guy hasn't came forward or been identified?

hmmm

Cheers, I knew about the US airbases, but hadn't heard about his American friend. The American guy hasn't came forward or been identified?

hmmm

Actually, now I think about it the American friend serves in the RAF so is based at Honington with Corrie. He was raised in the USA but has an English parent I believe.

Lakenheath and Mildenhall both have US air bases. Corrie is known to have attended social events at both and the takeaway owner said he usually went in for food with an American pal. Another little ponderance I once had was whether he was in a relationship with this friend and was headed back there for the night.
He was also apparently invited to a party at a military friends house near a golf course. There are golf courses in BSE and in/near Barton Mills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member