UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe that has took 6 months to clarify. I still can't believe that BL went straight to LF after Sainsbury's Mildenhall at around ~06:00 on a Saturday morning. If it actually went back to BSE base and sat until Monday then why no evidence in the back?

I'm not seeing how LF is the next logical step for a BL full of P&C recycling. All sorts of scrutiny coming I think.

I suppose that one explanation for his phone cutting out / stopping working would be if it went into a river along with CM.

I think it would be possible for him to hit the water at Barton Mills and end up at Kings Lynn, even if this body isn't his - his could have gone out to sea.
I have a feeling it could be a possibility as C went missing near the equinox when the monthly spring tides are at their highest. We are approaching that time again. I hope they can get the identification done quickly anyway.

Eta. There was also an unconfirmed sighting near Brandon which is also near the river.

We don't know he was there, but bin weight was 100kg. When they said 11kg was consistent with normal collections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have repeatedly stated that he could not have left the HS on foot. They have now confirmed that the weight was much higher than they thought, over 100kgs. Surely it is now looking like what many of us thought, he was inside the bin all along and was tipped into the lorry?

"Police have been carrying out extensive work to check and re-check data provided to officers. As a result of this comprehensive checking process and analysis it was discovered that the initial weight of the waste pick-up supplied to the investigation was incorrect and that it was far higher than originally thought"

Well, well, well...

Such sad, sad news. Knowing he's likely to have been lying in landfill for all this time...heartbreaking.
Hopefully when they find him, there will be some indication of whether it was foul play or that he simply took the opportunity to shelter that night [emoji17]

I suppose this now poses questions such as a) did the driver follow correct procedure at that time of morning and physically lift the lid and check inside before tipping b) did C get in the bin voluntarily to sleep c) did someone put him in the bin d) did forensics show no signs of C having been in the bin

If he's in the landfill, I hope he is found quickly.

I suppose this now poses questions such as a) did the driver follow correct procedure at that time of morning and physically lift the lid and check inside before tipping b) did C get in the bin voluntarily to sleep c) did someone put him in the bin d) did forensics show no signs of C having been in the bin

e) why has it taken this long to ascertain that the weight of 11kgs was incorrect? They have repeatedly stated that there is no way he could have been in the bin

e) why has it taken this long to ascertain that the weight of 11kgs was incorrect? They have repeatedly stated that there is no way he could have been in the bin

f) if the weight was much heavier than they thought, surely it raises the question has this been an almighty cover up by the company? Why would it take them this long to discover that the 11kgs was wrong?

Also interesting that a second person was questioned under caution (meaning arrest, right?). I thought arrests were public record?

I feel a bit sick. He could have been found by the end of September, and we'd have had a more accurate cause of death. And now we probably won't....

"Police have been carrying out extensive work to check and re-check data provided to officers. As a result of this comprehensive checking process and analysis it was discovered that the initial weight of the waste pick-up supplied to the investigation was incorrect and that it was far higher than originally thought"

Well, well, well...

And why has that taken so long and when was that discovered? What happened with that load? Have they "discovered" that yet?

Hi GT. Please could you post this latest police update? Thanks much. SS.

Absolutely devastating news 😢 Feel physically sick and heartbroken for his mum and family! Explains why they were so sure he was in the landfill! I've followed Corrie's disappearance since day 1, not always posted on here but followed every day!

Also interesting that a second person was questioned under caution (meaning arrest, right?). I thought arrests were public record?

You can be questioned under caution without being arrested.

Can someone tell me whether this bin now in question contained general waste & NOT recyclable waste, as over 100 kg would be a hell of a lot for just plastics, cardboard etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname