UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link for the machine being in good working order? I still have doubts because the previous SP update said there was no trace of C found in the bin or lorry. And the family clearly stated he wasn't in the lorry too so we still have anomalies IMO.
see above GT has posted the link

I cant understand why the police didn't do what most of us would have done from the start which was get the obvious bin lorry theory out of the road, check the landfill and if that shows no signs move on, but keep on with other leads etc

What the Police need to do - and I have NO DOUBT they haven't done this, is:

Get a phone exactly the same make as CMs, put it on the same network, put it in the back of the actual truck, and drive it about and see if it can ping the masts.

If the back of the truck is earthed and it can't, he was in the cab and it's a murder.

If it can then maybe he was in the back and it's an accident.

They might be able to see the signal strength of the phone and infer one or the other.

But either way they NEED to do this to MAKE SURE.

<modsnip>

Bin lorries run on rubber tyres so aren't actually earthed are they?
SP did a test similar to this but it was inconclusive according to N.

The faraday cage point has baffled me from the start, I'm unconvinced his phone would ping from inside.

The lack of DNA doesn't prove anything. They wasn't tested straight away, so open to all kinds of contamination... also, no DNA evidence, doesn't prove he wasn't there, like it doesn't prove he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the bin has been saved as evidence as the one thing it would have is finger prints

I would have hoped that was the first thing that the police done, fingerprints
Well yes one would hope so and if there are no finger prints it either means he didn't get in the bin at all or the lid lifted by itself and he leapt in with the lid closing behind him. Sorry I don,t mean to sound unkind or flippant with something so sad

Thinking about what they will have been tasked to look for in landfill that would help identify Corrie (aside from the obvious)

Pink shirt
White jeans
Brown boots
Wallet
Car keys
House keys
Phone

Of those things I think I'd be looking out for the boots first and foremost, everything else is either smaller, or likely to be torn up.

Have we got a definitive answer about whether the lorry went straight to landfill? Or were there other processes in between?

I would have hoped that was the first thing that the police done, fingerprints

Well yes one would hope so and if there are no finger prints it either means he didn't get in the bin at all or the lid lifted by itself and he leapt in with the lid closing behind him. Sorry I don,t mean to sound unkind or flippant with something so sad

Would Corrie have his fingerprints on file, as a member of the armed forces?

I don't think, if the bin theory is correct, his remains will necessarily be found in the landfill. I think the way a body most likely could have been missed in the conveyor/sorting process, is if it was concealed by cardboard. Presumably if there was a large load of oversized cardboard, no one is going through it by hand.

I also wonder, as these processes become more efficient and mechanized, and companies are doing everything they can to reduce the number of staff involved and get the work done as quickly as possible, perhaps where human intervention was likely in the past it's become much less likely.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Genuinely baffled how this wasn't found out to start with. It seemed the obvious answer to what had happened to Corrie after hearing about his phone pings. Seems like a few people dropped the ball here.

Would Corrie have his fingerprints on file, as a member of the armed forces?
Aren't fingerprints in our passport chip? Also, his prints would be all over his room and car. No trace was found in the H/s so that would include fingerprints too wouldn't it?

I cant understand why the police didn't do what most of us would have done from the start which was get the obvious bin lorry theory out of the road, check the landfill and if that shows no signs move on, but keep on with other leads etc

Surely at the start the natural assumption was that he might have started to walk home and met with an accident. In which case he could have been lying injured somewhere.

I said a long time ago, the police could be wrong on the biffa weight records. This reality makes me sick though. I would rather think Corrie was on some beach somewhere, clearing his head.

Thinking about what they will have been tasked to look for in landfill that would help identify Corrie (aside from the obvious)

Pink shirt
White jeans
Brown boots
Wallet
Car keys
House keys
Phone

Of those things I think I'd be looking out for the boots first and foremost, everything else is either smaller, or likely to be torn up.

Have we got a definitive answer about whether the lorry went straight to landfill? Or were there other processes in between?
They've said that it was the sorting process then incinerator. Landfill was only mentioned for the general waste council bins. And no one is talking about those bins anymore for some reason.

Aren't fingerprints in our passport chip? Also, his prints would be all over his room and car. No trace was found in the H/s so that would include fingerprints too wouldn't it?

No, they're not in our passports, I have never had mine taken

If they weren't found on the bin, who opened the lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member