IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I hope we can get a big enough reward to get this killer. It really breaks our heart," said Delphi mother Robin Duncan.

"To support them and give the family some money to help," said teenager Angelina Salinas.

"I really hope, like, it will catch the person who killed them," said Delphi student Chloe Ratcliffe, who was taking home pizzas from the fundraiser.

The small memorial at the foot of the bridge where the girls were last seen walking continues to grow.

One addition Tuesday was a note in a plastic bag, reading, "I think we played softball against Libby. We are praying for justice for the girls and peace for the family." There was a softball left with the note.

Michael Stanley and his daughter rode his motorcycle to the school parking lot.

"Oh, she knew both of the girls, went to school with them. Played softball with Libby. It's a good cause," Stanley said.

"It's kind of hard to explain. I know somebody is out there, but I don't understand how somebody can do that to a 14-year-old," Kayleen Stanley said.

Michael Stanley and his daughter, Kayleen, took pizzas home on his motorcycle.

"Oh, she knew both of the girls, went to school with them. Played softball with Libby. It's a good cause," Stanley said.

http://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-turns-out-for-pizza-party-to-support-reward-fund

Official word: anything & everything that was discussed on Tricia's show tonight can be discussed here.

Thanks Kay, I didn't know we could chat on the radio page too, if registered. I did that :)

I know in the last thread there was a comment about how rare this type of double homicide is in the US. Has anyone followed the Taylor Placker and Skyler Whitaker case in FL. Kevin Sweat admitted to killing the girls and his gun was proven to be one of two of the guns used to kill the girls. However, these school aged girls both had semen on their bodies that was not Kevin Sweat's. These were school aged girls 11 and 13 years old, shot in broad daylight, in the woods, near a body of water.

I spent more time today listening to the audio. Having grown up in the deep South (LA, MS, AR and GA) and living in VA, to me it seems like he doesn't really have an accent. In fact he seems to enunciate very clearly. I used to spend summers in the Mid West (MO and IL) visiting relatives and I remember a difference in accents from those in the rural areas of the Mid West and those in the larger metropolitan areas of the Mid West. The rural folks had an accent, but I thought it was different than a deep south accent. They also seemed to speak slower, like a southerner, but w/o the deep south accent.

Just an opinion - and I haven't spent much time in Indiana - but his voice and accent doesn't seem like he lives in a very rural area. (But Indiana may be different than Missouri.) I wonder if he may have lived in Delphi or nearby earlier in his life but moved to larger populated area like Indianapolis. Or could he have spent time in the military - maybe using comm gear quite a bit? I know after 2 years of active duty a classmate heard me for the first time in 2 years and said my southern accent wasn't so pronounced from when we were in training.

I would agree with that. People in my home town and surrounding area, even aunts and uncles have a slight accent (not southern at all) and speak a little more drawn out. In KC, most people are pretty neutral if they're from here.

JMO, there's not nearly enough audio to really get a good grasp on his accent. I think it sounds typical midwestern too, but it's hard to judge from 3 words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to get a bath and y'all moved onto a new thread without me!

I'm English*, pop is pop lol Coke, Dr Pepper, orangeade, my current fave pineapplade = POP

Momentum yes. I feel it too! Lets send all the positive energies and prayers and whatever we can throw at it to change

#FindHim to #THEYGOTHIM

*maybe that should be I'm from Yorkshire ;)

Cheers to the BG wonderers :drink:

In Texas, "coke" is the generic word for pop, soda, cola, sprite, Pepsi, etc. My DH is from Iowa so now I say "pop" lol...

I have never thought the girls were trying to meet someone there. This guy was a predator looking for prey and these poor girls got cornered by him.

To me, that makes the most sense, too.

Anyhoo. I took the last few days off.....think I stopped at thread #19 or 20.

I see we are all still in limbo, but that Thursday might illuminate us (or so we can hope) or at the least, assure those in the midwest that they ARE or are NOT in the path of a SK. Geez, even crumbs.....

Going by the 6000 Billboards put up across the nation, I don't think they expect the perp to stay in rural IN. He could be anywhere.

I don't think they have any idea who the guy is. I know we did have a poster who said she knew a family member and had inside info, she was encouraged to post it and call it "opinion" as in ,( IMO they know who the killer is, and are just gathering evidence.),
I didn't buy it then, and I believe it even less now.

What ever happened to the DNA fast tracking, that we heard about? Where is the FBI profiler report we were told was coming?

I have a feeling we're not going to hear anything "new" on Thursday. Why put the families through the stress of a public press conference if they didn't NEED to. That usually doesn't happen unless they are appealing to the public for help solving a case.
IMO They have no idea who this guy is. Sadly.

Hello everyone,

Here is the fundraising site for Abby's mom that I mentioned in the last thread. Thanks Sillybilly for allowing me to post the link.

https://www..com/comfort-for-anna-williams

I went to get a bath and y'all moved onto a new thread without me!

I'm English*, pop is pop lol Coke, Dr Pepper, orangeade, my current fave pineapplade = POP

Momentum yes. I feel it too! Lets send all the positive energies and prayers and whatever we can throw at it to change

#FindHim to #THEYGOTHIM

*maybe that should be I'm from Yorkshire ;)

I live in NE Ohio and we say "POP". If you ask for a Coke - you better literally want Coke here in OH.

O/T - Michigan girl here - growing up, "pop" was any soft drink, from Coke to Vernor's to Faygo Red Pop. "Soda" was a confection of of pop mixed with ice cream. After living in Miami I learned that New Yorkers call pop "soda." Lol.

Official word: anything & everything that was discussed on Tricia's show tonight can be discussed here.

Back on topic... I was out all day and missed Tricia's show, going to look for it. I haven't been posting but I'm still reading here and while I don't agree with some of the theories I appreciate the brainstorming - thanks, guys!

Indiana is in fact midwest.
attachment.php

Someone in another thread said something along the lines of "though Indiana is considered the Midwest their accent..." and I have seen other people refer to Indiana as the Midwest. Indiana is not the Midwest. At all.
I realize that at this point my opinion about the accent doesn't really matter, but it sounds like someone from Ohio that I know… So I'm guessing it's regional.

Attachments

• midwest.jpg
    midwest.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 735
I believe LE is getting closer to the bottom of their stack of tips, however I'm a little skeptical that this means they are getting closer to narrowing in on the perp. This investigation reminds me of the Bevers case in Midllothian TX. Not bc of the victims or anything, obviously totally different. But in the statements by Investigators while working the case. Hope we are alot closer to finding the perp in this case though. Still optimistic on this case, but it just feels like they don't have alot other than a bunch of tips. Just MOO

It only takes one tip.The right tip.I do feel as long as they don't give up that they will find out who he is.I don't feel any case is ever too cold.The answers are out there.

I know in the last thread there was a comment about how rare this type of double homicide is in the US. Has anyone followed the Taylor Placker and Skyler Whitaker case in FL. Kevin Sweat admitted to killing the girls and his gun was proven to be one of two of the guns used to kill the girls. However, these school aged girls both had semen on their bodies that was not Kevin Sweat's. These were school aged girls 11 and 13 years old, shot in broad daylight, in the woods, near a body of water.
I can't believe there has been only 15 duel murders by one perp in cases like this. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 within a 200 mile radius of me in NY. Can someone post the link please? I've looked for it but I don't see it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It only takes one tip.The right tip.I do feel as long as they don't give up that they will find out who he is.I don't feel any case is ever too cold.The answers are out there.

This case isn't even close to cold. They need to exhaust every lead before it can be called a cold case. And even then, there's always hope that it will be solved. I just don't think an arrest is imminent, but hopefully, LE is just waiting for some forensic evidence to come back to make a DNA match or for someone's alibi to fall apart.

I have never thought the girls were trying to meet someone there. This guy was a predator looking for prey and these poor girls got cornered by him.

I agree. I don't believe all the "catfishing"/wanting to meet a boy there theories. There's a number of reasons for that, but one is pretty obvious - the girls weren't dressed the way you'd expect a teen to dress when meeting a romantic interest. Libby wore a tie dye t-shirt and grey sweat pants. That's something she'd wear on a casual hike with her best friend, not something to impress a boy on a secret date. Makeup (or the lack thereof) would be another clue, but we don't have that info.

I agree this case is not cold and it doesn't ever have to be.
This case isn't even close to cold. They need to exhaust every lead before it can be called a cold case. And even then, there's always hope that it will be solved. I just don't think an arrest is imminent, but hopefully, LE is just waiting for some forensic evidence to come back to make a DNA match or for someone's alibi to fall apart.

I can't believe there has been only 15 duel murders by one perp in cases like this. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 within a 200 mile radius of me in NY. Can someone post the link please? I've looked for it but I don't see it.

For those interested: the case of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker from Oklahoma has an entire sub-forum dedicated to it here at WS.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?162-Skyla-Whitaker-and-Taylor-Placker

Any debriefs on the podcast from tonight? :)

Doesn't sound right to me either. Only place I've found it is from Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock, from the Iowa murders.

​http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_647e7e0c-6ea1-5f71-80e8-8b56a9700c47.html

Statistically, only 15 dual abductions have been documented since the FBI started compiling offender data in the 1970s.

“Since 1974, the number of times that an offender abducted two girls at the same time and took them for whatever his purposes were was 15,” Smock said. “So since 1974, in 40 years, there were only 15 times in the whole country where this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti