Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hashtags referencing Dr. Suess make me nauseous. #ohtheplaces

Carnival cruise lines has partnered with Dr Suess and has a lot of Dr Suess activities onboard. they also go to Nassau Bahamas, which is where Atlantis is, that is one of the pictures You do not have to have a passport to take a cruise

So sad. I pray she is found, and receives the proper mental attention she deserves.

As for that ....hang him!

My sense is they planned this for a while but may have been forced to expedite things when they were caught at the school. The goofy amber alert will also really put them under pressure. But perhaps they had everything ready to go and aren't even in the country anymore.

Very interesting and only 2 weeks ago. Definitely plausible, if they can make it out of the country. Anyone know if there are airport protocols related to amber alerts? I would sure hope so.

At 15 I didn't have a passport but it's sure possible if her family traveled out of the country. Can a minor apply for a passport without parental consent/knowledge?

No, they cannot. From State Dept:

Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child's passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html

There's a post she made on IG of a new backpack only about a week ago. I noticed he follows on his IG account pages for REI and other wilderness survival pages.

I've considered that he may be smart enough to sell his car at a place that does under the table dealings. He could get a lot of cash for a pretty new car like that. Then buying a second car or catching a boat ride to Cancun or Cuba?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are the FB and IG links?

There's a post she made on IG of a new backpack only about a week ago. I noticed he follows on his IG account pages for REI and other wilderness survival pages.

I've considered that he may be smart enough to sell his car at a place that does under the table dealings. He could get a lot of cash for a pretty new car like that. Then buying a second car or catching a boat ride to Cancun or Cuba?

Backpack is usually camping. They are probably off grid somewhere. Some public campgrounds have remote tent areas for privacy.

I really hoped they would be found by now. They Amber alert reached a lot of people so I was sure that they would've been spotted by now.
We know he has at least 4500 cash on him ( title loan) but have no idea if he cleared out bank accounts before leaving or took any other loans.
I really hope he just drops her off somewhere safe, he can continue to run if he wishes but I really hope that he returns her asap.

I really hoped they would be found by now. They Amber alert reached a lot of people so I was sure that they would've been spotted by now.
We know he has at least 4500 cash on him ( title loan) but have no idea if he cleared out bank accounts before leaving or took any other loans.
I really hope he just drops her off somewhere safe, he can continue to run if he wishes but I really hope that he returns her asap.

The lack of tips does surprise me and indicates either they are well concealed in a predetermined remote area or have traveled well out of the alert area.

I am thinking the latter. If he was going "deep woods", he would have taken his Jeep. I think they have gone west trying to get into Mexico.

It is impossible to know exactly what is in his mind, but I would imagine their fantasy includes warm weather and a beach. I doubt he has given up his life for a week of sex with a teenager. He is going to want this to play out as long as he can. These two seem to have accepted a fantasy of life together.

I hope the novelty wears off soon and he does the right thing by, at the least, taking her to a safe place to be returned to her family.

The above is my opinion only.

I know my mind is also going in other directions, like did she get pregnant, and is this also not only being in love but we're going to go away and be a happy little family together

No, they cannot. From State Dept:

Both parents/guardians must authorize the issuance of the child's passport. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to go with the child in person to apply for the passport.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html

But then ...:
"What if both parents/guardians cannot appear in person?"
"Neither parent able to appear:
A third party may apply for the child's passport with a notarized statement from both parents/guardians giving that third party permission to apply for the child.

The statement must include a photocopy of the parents/guardians' identification.
When the statement is from only one parent/guardian, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the consenting parent/guardian."

I had to look into this stuff last year when I had to apply for passports for my 12- and 14-year-olds and my ex-husband was on a business trip at the time and was unable to appear in person at the post office.

My first post on this thread, but I have read every post so far, and I am so terribly worried for this child. I also find her abductor's Instagram posts deeply disturbing. And to know that he was working as a teacher until only a month ago ... there has to be other victims out there ....

I agree about going west but I doubt that he would try and cross the border at this point in time...

I agree about going west but I doubt that he would try and cross the border at this point in time...

You are most likely correct.

I don't want to go too far down this rabbit trail, but I think he would try to enter somewhere other than an official border crossing.

I did see the post about LE placing a focus on Destin, FL. They might be hiding in plain sight but that sure seems risky. Most of Middle TN is on Spring Break either this week or the next couple of weeks and many go to Destin.

The above is my opinion only.

Oh dear...Destin in is the Gulf. I hope this doesn't mean this is an international manhunt. But it is Spring Break, so they may just be hiding in plain sight. I'm wondering if she's eaten or drank anything since, as we haven't seen him or her since him filling up his car. I'm really worried about the girl, the man is so disgusting

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

If they were last seen in Decatur, that's only a little over an hour away from Columbia, TN. They most likely didn't need to stop for gas.

From Decatur they could very easily head south to Destin, but with limited funds and spring break, I'm sure low budget motels and campgrounds are full.

I can see him driving west into Texas and the Mexican border.

MOO

I got the AA here in Central Mississippi yesterday at 5:00 p.m. I hope that she is found safe and he suffers tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back