Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, the whole missing child / amber alerts should be overhauled. in the beginning they were useful, but there are so many variables now.

I'm in Chicago and saw this Amber Alert. Local hospital where I stopped by to visit a family member and folks were discussing it in the waiting room
- seems to be doing its job, spreading awareness? Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could have easily gotten on a cruise for the bahamas from Mobile, AL. I think one left today......they usually go on Thursdays. And if she had her birth certificate... it wouldn't have been hard to do. Lets hope t hey are found in Florida. he has nothing to lose, she does. And I agree... wife controlled FB and was keeping up appearances. I wonder how long this was really going on.

They could have easily gotten on a cruise for the bahamas from Mobile, AL. I think one left today......they usually go on Thursdays. And if she had her birth certificate... it wouldn't have been hard to do. Lets hope t hey are found in Florida. he has nothing to lose, she does. And I agree... wife controlled FB and was keeping up appearances. I wonder how long this was really going on.

The cruises out of Mobile usually go to the Western Caribbean (Cancun, Cozumel, etc). Cruises to the Bahamas would be out of Charleston, Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale and/or Miami.

Although they could have taken a cruise, I highly doubt it.

Cruise lines that leave the country and enter another require a passport. If a passenger is under 18 they also require permission from a parent (I imagine this could be faked) If they did get on a cruise, it should be traceable.

Cruise lines that leave the country and enter another require a passport. If a passenger is under 18 they also require permission from a parent (I imagine this could be faked) If they did get on a cruise, it should be traceable.

They don't require a passport (at least Carnival didn't a few years ago and Norwegian didn't a few months ago). Only birth certificate and ID.

Every cruise passenger is run through a database and checked by customs enforcement. That means if you have any outstanding felony warrants in your name, they will appear to officers.

Reading through their IG posts and the newspaper articles. I know we all have a public persona and a private one, but those instagram posts are beyond bizarre coming from 50 year old man. She started interacting with them 12 weeks ago. If rumors were all over the community someone should have been watching them closely. I see lots of red flags that were missed. He didn't even hide his name on his account or change it.

no, they do not. Cruises only require a birth certificate. And they are VERY lax on the under 18 rule. I've been cruising at least 4 times a year for 10 years.... with many kids that are with parents with different names, friends of their kids, NO letter asked for. The ONLY thing asked is if the child is going willingly and does the other parent know. Its VERY easy.
But yes, traceable definitely. Going to mexico and getting off the ship with luggage.. happens often.

Every cruise passenger is run through a database and checked by customs enforcement. That means if you have any outstanding felony warrants in your name, they will appear to officers.

Again, passenger manifest is due ONLY 12 hours before boarding. I doubt they are on the warrant list yet. Many times police are waiting when they RETURN, they don't get them on the way out. Have seen quite a few taken off when returning to port.

Not sure about that, but he seems very interested in foreign travel destinations. I bet they are planning to leave the country asap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRRV-VzhGe1/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRPGB6MBddv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BROcGqlBKf7/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRLPU8BBNyn/

What I noticed is that those destinations have an age of consent of 15 or 16. Or less depending which part of Africa the safari pic references. Perhaps a coded message to her to normalise his filthy behaviour rather than an intention to travel there?

Some comments here about who exactly is Tad Cummins: http://whnt.com/2017/03/15/who-is-t...his-involvement-in-amber-alert-disappearance/

Haven Drive in Columbia, Tennessee is a quiet street, and according to those who live nearby, Tad Cummins is a quiet neighbor. Randall Scott said the whole situation doesn't match up with the man he knows from next door.
"[He's] very dedicated to his family, appeared to be very respectful, to everyone," said Scott.
Scott has lived next door to Cummins for a little over a year and said he has never had a negative interaction with him.
"He is a school teacher, he's very academically gifted, very intelligent guy," he said.
He said Cummins' role as a teacher is the very reason this whole thing has come as a shock.
"So it is a huge surprise that he would take any kind situation of this nature to this level," said Scott.

Another neighbor, Maverick James, has a couple different connections to Cummins but was just as shocked.
"It was a surprise because he's such an honest man. You know we always thought he was a down to earth guy. He's always helped my elderly grandparents over here if they needed help," he explained.

"Everyone loved him. He had a good sense of humor, and you know I've never heard one bad thing of him at Culleoka," he said.

This right here is the problem.

Guys like Tad live amongst us. They have jobs - good jobs, families, friends, go to Church, etc. etc. But they hide behind the mask of normal so no one ever suspects them.

Everyone seems to think that people that do bad things, look the part. But they don't. They look like you and me.

I'm spending time over on the Abby and Libby thread and I've had to do some serious scrolling and rolling. Just like Tad, I think our guy over there lives amongst us too and when they figure it out, everyone is going to be horribly shocked.

This is why it's so hard to catch them.

They live and hide amongst us in plain sight.

MOO

Why would they cruise to the Bahamas? From what we know, they only have about $4,000 on them, it won't go very far in Nassau and it's not easy to hid in the Bahamas.

Why cruise to Mexico when they can just cross the border in their SUV, have a vehicle handy to tool around in Mexico with.

I'm don't believe at all that they are on a cruise looking to hop off in Nassau or Mexico.

Thanks. It appears the AA has reached, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and now Mississippi.

If you received an alert last night in Mississippi, then LE must assume they are heading west.

I am in LA and have not had an AA for her yet......

Why would they cruise to the Bahamas? From what we know, they only have about $4,000 on them, it won't go very far in Nassau and it's not easy to hid in the Bahamas.

Why cruise to Mexico when they can just cross the border in their SUV, have a vehicle handy to tool around in Mexico with.

I'm don't believe at all that they are on a cruise looking to hop off in Nassau or Mexico.

I agree. You must factor in the money. Can you show up and book a cruise with cash? If so, there goes a good amount of the money.

In addition, they were in no hurry to get to the coast if they were still in northern AL at 3 p.m.. (Which has me a little puzzled.) The drive time from Decatur to the Gulf is at least 5 hours.

Once the alerts went out, I imagine they bolted to get out of the SouthEast.

The above is my opinion only.

Subscribing...

I really hope that nothing bad happens to Lizzy and she is found safe. I agree with all of you that say she might regret and maybe things can go south :( Hoping and praying that all goes well...

Are there any areas that are in the woods with nice beaches nearby? What is the weather like down there right now? I'm in chilly Canada so thinking of beaches makes me shiver.

If they chose to leave the country they are going to have to produce photo ID to go anywhere.

Cross the border into Mexico - gonna need ID.
Get on a plane - break out the ID.
Cruise Ship - Need ID

You may not need a passport but you have show who you are. We live in a different world these days and nobody gets on any type of transportation without showing valid picture ID and sometimes it MUST be Government Issued.

I don't believe they can leave the country without showing ID of some description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda