Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they chose to leave the country they are going to have to produce photo ID to go anywhere.

Cross the border into Mexico - gonna need ID.
Get on a plane - break out the ID.
Cruise Ship - Need ID

You may not need a passport but you have show who you are. We live in a different world these days and nobody gets on any type of transportation without showing valid picture ID and sometimes it MUST be Government Issued.

I don't believe they can leave the country without showing ID of some description.

Slip into Mexico = undocumented.

I am not sure how easy but it must be possible.

The above is my opinion only.

If they chose to leave the country they are going to have to produce photo ID to go anywhere.

Cross the border into Mexico - gonna need ID.
Get on a plane - break out the ID.
Cruise Ship - Need ID

You may not need a passport but you have show who you are. We live in a different world these days and nobody gets on any type of transportation without showing valid picture ID and sometimes it MUST be Government Issued.

I don't believe they can leave the country without showing ID of some description.

Can't they just drive down to Mexico via a dirt road in Texas, ala "Affluenza Mom"?

They don't require a passport (at least Carnival didn't a few years ago and Norwegian didn't a few months ago). Only birth certificate and ID.

Interesting....I had to have a passport for a Mexican Riviera cruise and also for an Alaska cruise as we would be stopping in Canada. :dunno:

no, they do not. Cruises only require a birth certificate. And they are VERY lax on the under 18 rule. I've been cruising at least 4 times a year for 10 years.... with many kids that are with parents with different names, friends of their kids, NO letter asked for. The ONLY thing asked is if the child is going willingly and does the other parent know. Its VERY easy.
But yes, traceable definitely. Going to mexico and getting off the ship with luggage.. happens often.

Perhaps it's just a Cali thing. I was told at the time I booked tickets for my daughter 15 year old friend to travel with us we would need a note, and we did.

TBI said the investigation has revealed a "troubling" pattern of behavior by Cummins, who agents said may have been abusing his role as a teacher to "groom this vulnerable young girl for some time in an effort to lure and potentially sexually exploit her."

The FBI has also joined in to help.

"Because of the shockingly low number of tips, the TBI has concluded the individuals are likely out of the view of the general public or outside the original net cast across the southeast to notify the public about their disappearance. Having last been seen on Monday morning, the individuals could, frankly, be anywhere." - TBI

http://fox17.com/news/local/tbi-releases-new-photos-details-in-amber-alert-of-elizabeth-thomas

You can get fake ideas online very easily, would take advanced prep, not sure how long they had a plan. Any ideas when they were discovered at school kissing in February?

eta: The reason I know this is because a family member got one when she went to college online, came from China.

Which LA, Los Angeles or Lower Alabama?

Louisiana. Which makes me feel they are not heading west.....or at least LE does not think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't they just drive down to Mexico via a dirt road in Texas, ala "Affluenza Mom"?

Affluenza mom had money and connections. I don't think these two have as much money and I doubt they have people helping them.

My guess is they are still in the US and either on the run or hiding somewhere remote.

When Decatur, AL, was first mentioned, I immediately thought of the Joe Wheeler State Park Cabins.

http://www.alapark.com/gallery/joe-wheeler-state-park-cabins

I also thought they might be on their way to Tunica, MS.

We were thinking similar about a cabin on the lake there.

I think the went south on 65 then west on 20. From a gas mileage perspective, that would have them stopping somewhere near Jackson, MS.

West Texas is very sparse and, obviously, a quick getaway to Mexico. Sleeping in the car and eating cheap will stretch $4,500 a few months.

Why would they cruise to the Bahamas? From what we know, they only have about $4,000 on them, it won't go very far in Nassau and it's not easy to hid in the Bahamas.

Why cruise to Mexico when they can just cross the border in their SUV, have a vehicle handy to tool around in Mexico with.

I'm don't believe at all that they are on a cruise looking to hop off in Nassau or Mexico.

Because on SM there were pics of certain places in both locations. And getting INTO Mexico by cruise ship is much easier than crossing the border in a SUV that everyone knows the description and plate number on.
Not saying they did but it would be extremely easy. If i ever have to get into another country quickly and safely while staying 'hidden', i'd most definitely go by cruise to mexico then go from there. You can then get to Belize or south and never be found. 4000 will go quite a ways that way... much easier than staying in the states or flying somewhere. The borders will be on the lookout for them. They would have been notified. NOTHING is checked by customs when you get OFF the ship in Mexico, you get checked coming back ON. People are saying he is very intelligent, possibly this was planned well to 'escape' together. He knew it was coming down on him, he took a CASH LOAN on his vehicle... that to me says he's willing to dump it somewhere.

I am in LA and have not had an AA for her yet......

Nothing in Texas yet either. How far do they think they can get with only $4,000? Maybe they are heading for the border and start this 'new life' there.

Nothing in Texas yet either. How far do they think they can get with only $4,000? Maybe they are heading for the border and start this 'new life' there.

That is my line of thinking at the moment.

From a money perspective, sleeping in the car and spending $40/day on food would spread the money about 3-4 months.

Interesting....I had to have a passport for a Mexican Riviera cruise and also for an Alaska cruise as we would be stopping in Canada. :dunno:

Any closed loop cruises leaving and returning to same port after stopping in a FOREIGN country, need only a BC. Its the repos and yes, certain ones in Cali seem to have different rules. I cruise from Florida and they were tough for awhile, but have gotten VERY lax. I actually forgot my passport one time and they let my daughter EMAIL me a photo of my BC and they let me on the ship. And was never asked for any documentation when taking my daughter, or her friend on cruise... both under 16, no photo id even required, just BC. EASILY forged if needed.

They've probably gone off the grid. $4,500 isn't going to last that long and if you plan on living in a car with a teenager for any length of time that won't last long. At some point, they will have to come in off the grid for supplies or whatever. They are going to need money.

How long is a teenager going to last without internet, a phone and friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname