IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,newbie here! I really don't know if it's been addressed yet are not? And don't know if it would be something LE would use given the limited audio but does anyone remember the case of " geordie jack" if not it was somebody taking credit for the Yorkshire ripper murders with a distinct north east accent, but investigators where able to narrow the accent down to 3 streets, Amazingly something similar happened to me, I work in customer service on the railway and was going about my duties when a passenger commented that I must be from ******** with that accent! I was amazed as to me there is nothing to distinguish my accent from a lot of other in the north east of England, but he heard otherwise! So my question is can US accents be distinguished from town to town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: to Websleuths Bex2983! Thanks for your post

By any chance was that person in Military Intelligence?

Points taken from Alexis McAdam’s Interview with Tony Slocum:

Slocum:

-Numerous officers from various police departments serving a search warrant

-The warrant IS related to the double murder of these 2 young girls

-No one is arrest for the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams, but officers in this investigation have developed enough probable cause in order to get a Judge to sign a search warrant for Mr. Logan’s property and that’s why we are here today

McAdam’s:

And Mr. Logan is sitting in the Carroll County Jail on an unrelated charge that’s a probation violation, which I know Indian Police originally had to send out an alert on Twitter telling everyone, don’t convict anyone at this point in this double homicide, your still working on that but, talk a little bit about what the other officer had mentioned, how he was very cooperative at the beginning, and now that’s changed just a little bit, as this investigation goes on, and that’s something that happens

Slocum:

-I haven’t had any direct contact with Mr.Logan myself, but, he was co-operative in our investigation, but due to his circumstances NOW, he doesn’t want to talk to Law Enforcement, and there’s nothing wrong with that, that’s part of his rights, but we did, during the course of the investigation, develop probable cause to search his property, and that’s what officer’s are doing now

McAdam’s:

The search warrant is for his property and any outbuildings. The officers told McAdam’s that they could be looking for DNA, they could be looking for boot prints, foot prints, anything that could be a key in this investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/10155233713184575/

Thank you for this. I couldn't get the video to play.

Would you mind copying your post into the media thread as well? I have a feeling we may want to revisit this and will need to be able to find it later. Thanks!

Love to get a quote on that, (I don't think it's a huge deal really), but IIRC, I read that that, "in my house' was a misquote and he actually said backyard/property, that's what I recall hearing him say too.

I stated earlier I think RL meant his property but his words are getting twisted. Some ppl word things differently when they are speaking

Love to get a quote on that, (I don't think it's a huge deal really), but IIRC, I read that that, "in my house' was a misquote and he actually said backyard/property, that's what I recall hearing him say too.

Even though it is probably not RL, the search warrant is for someone else's DNA / evidence I suspect.

Can anyone tell what they are looking at on the 3rd picture of the photo gallery in link above?
The silver can and the green posts are part of telco equipment.

edit: oh, what they are looking at. never mind :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

Watch the video. At 1:17 It says the March 20th hearing was postponed at his attorney's request. At 1:28 It also has a Trooper saying at first Mr. Logan was cooperative, but now he's he's in jail and is not cooperating because he is following his attorney's advice.
gliving......thank you. I thought I was wrong about that. Maybe it does have to do with something getting ready to come down?! [emoji15]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not much may come of it, but IMO I think they are looking for info connected to someone else related to RL. Not him in particular, but someone related to him or in connection to him in some way. Someone that knew he wasn't home, someone who knew that they could access his property from that area some way and get in and out, someone who had been there before perhaps? I personally think the arrest of RL was to get info on someone specific honestly. But I guess time is going to tell and now the DNA is back and they are tying it all together. Like I said MOO!!!!

Yes, someone who knew the property owner wouldn't be at home AND who knew the girls would be on the trail.
That's just my opinion. I think the perp sprang at the opportunity.

jmopinion

Remember yesterday, when the thread slowed a bit and we hit the first lull of the case? Aye aye aye!

I'm on the fence about RL's involvement, but these are interesting developments, huh?

Websight.... I demand a Cliff notes version of your lost eloquence. Demand it! ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

:hilarious:lolololol

Shhhhhhhhh, don't tell, but the post was not eloquent at all. I just said that to get you to read the rubbish I was about to say...

What are some examples of the probable cause they found that led to the search warrant?

Hi,newbie here! I really don't know if it's been addressed yet are not? And don't know if it would be something LE would use given the limited audio but does anyone remember the case of " geordie jack" if not it was somebody taking credit for the Yorkshire ripper murders with a distinct north east accent, but investigators where able to narrow the accent down to 3 streets, Amazingly something similar happened to me, I work in customer service on the railway and was going about my duties when a passenger commented that I must be from ******** with that accent! I was amazed as to me there is nothing to distinguish my accent from a lot of other in the north east of England, but he heard otherwise! So my question is can US accents be distinguished from town to town?

Accents are definitely noticeable by state or general region. To narrow it down to cities is rare except for maybe NYC or Boston. But those are still large areas.

As a Texan living in Scotland (where people asked often if I was Canadian haha), it took about a year until I could pick out where someone was from in the UK. We could tell general area, but being able to narrow accents to neighborhoods is impressive! Wish it was as easy in the case, too.

Finally caught up. I knew it was a mistake to stop for dinner and to get reacquainted with Mr. Carbuff...

LE: When we can't get answers one way, we try to find another way to find those answers another way, and that's what we are doing right here, right now.

attachment.php

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search-underway-of-home-property-of-man-where-delphi-teens-were-found/

Attachments

• search-march-17-2017.jpg
    search-march-17-2017.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 521
Not much may come of it, but IMO I think they are looking for info connected to someone else related to RL. Not him in particular, but someone related to him or in connection to him in some way. Someone that knew he wasn't home, someone who knew that they could access his property from that area some way and get in and out, someone who had been there before perhaps? I personally think the arrest of RL was to get info on someone specific honestly. But I guess time is going to tell and now the DNA is back and they are tying it all together. Like I said MOO!!!!
Could they be looking for a storm shelter underground or a secret safe room in his home?

An alibi that just was found to be untrue might get a warrant, especially in his case.

:welcome: to Websleuths Bex2983! Thanks for your post

By any chance was that person in Military Intelligence?

I hope I'm replying correctly with quote!!i have no idea if this man was Military intelligence, I never asked it was just a random moment I won't forget because I'm from such a small town in the north east of England and never in my life has anybody said I have this accent!i always get referred to as a geordie because to other people including fellow geordies! That's what we sound like!but would be interesting to know if they have narrowed this accent down!

I guess we will have to wait and see what answers the police can find as the investigation has been at a standstill on here recently... There has been nothing really new to discuss. I guess we can be assured that the investigation has been ongoing though...

May they make an arrest soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads