IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe RL was released but has a ankle locater on. House Arrest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would cost quite a sum I would imagine. JMO but what to do with that bridge given the murders and the expenses involved should be left up to locals and the girl's family's.

yea that's the way the bridge SHOULD look...so EVERYONE can enjoy....hopefully it comes to that someday.

Most businesses now have surveillance cameras and I think many of the "more than 70 subpoenas" have been issued to pull the videos so they can search. They aren't just relying on a cashier at a gas station to remember seeing BG that morning, IMO.
Also we've discussed cell phone pinging and the tower your phone pings off when you use your phone is not too accurate because it's based on how busy the closest tower is at the time. But GPS tracking is different and is quite accurate, most kids are instructed to keep the GPS on. I believe the FBI would have quickly gotten cell tower dumps, then when they find numbers of interest that are used in the same location/time they can get search warrants to look at details, everything, calls, texts when, where and to whom. I think as they find alibis that don't stand up that gives them enough to get those search warrants. They could be reading texts right now, I hope they are, and since those SW are sealed, i don't believe the owners of the phones would know. Is this the several persons of interest and part of the work to close off blind alleys? MOO.
OR BG used a burner phone which he trashed immediately after the crime. Even so, if they are interested in RL and others who they think may have contact with BG(s) I would be blown away if they don't have access to their phones. It seems to be a basic tool for the FBI and I can't see a judge denying a SW with such a serious criminal still loose. We don't know that is the case but it should be IMO.

I haven't looked to see what carrier/s have cell towers in Dephi or where they are located. I vaguely recall reading on the beginning threads that there are 2 local cell towers, but I could be mistaken. Does anybody know if warrants were issued for cell tower dumps? Warrants would need to be served on the carrier of the cell towers in order to get the cell tower dumps. If warrants were severed they most likely requested all device/user information that connected to that particular tower within a certain date and time period. Once that information comes back it will be analyzed and if anything stands out or fit's into what they are looking for it would be investigated further. I would also be willing to bet that a Stringray or cell site simulator has been brought in.

Stringrays and or cell site simulators are portable and act as a cell tower to spy on cell phone users. LE, FBI, etc. use them to connect to cell phones without users knowledge. Once they are connected they can capture all the device activity and information (including, but not limited to location,) and some even have the capability to listen/record conversations. However, in order to connect the cell phone needs to be powered on.

So what's the current status? Has he been released? Cleared?

just a thought, not saying this is what happened:

He was scheduled for a hearing today. Does anyone know which county that hearing was to take place in? Because IME when an inmate is being held in one county and has a hearing in another they are released from the custody of county A to be moved to county B for that hearing.

Differences in where a person lives then I suppose. Being very near Chicago, I'm glad for the cameras, but don't like them, no, they are a violation of privacy. Anyone can fly a drone around with video camera as well.

Drone owners are supposed to get permits before flying drones over public spaces.

Still disheartened by what was allowed to go on over the weekend. I'm sorry, but I get that RL has had issues in his past. That being the case, the media was basically allowed to run wild for days before speculation got shut down. Only after this man's life was sleuthed to pieces, and so many attacks made on him on social media, is it now being said there's nothing to see here. I have a hard time seeing how he continues to live in that town.

Also makes me really wonder what LE has to go on in this case if they were okay with this getting so out of control. JMHO - but it's been a month and this was the most activity there has been.
Has LE disclosed the results of the SW yet? Was it a false lead? I may have missed something since I've had loads to do past few days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My head is spinning. Goodness. AHhhhhhhHHHHhhhh

No kidding.

I may have to fight that little otter for the ice cream sandwich!!!

Also, I have gotten approximately no work done today.......

So what's the status? Released? Cleared?

Probably being transfered to a hearing in another county. If the reporter stated RL was still in custody regarding confirmation from LE then he is not released

Has LE disclosed the results of the SW yet? Was it a false lead? I may have missed something since I've had loads to do past few days.

LE has said absolutely nothing either way.

Still disheartened by what was allowed to go on over the weekend. I'm sorry, but I get that RL has had issues in his past. That being the case, the media was basically allowed to run wild for days before speculation got shut down. Only after this man's life was sleuthed to pieces, and so many attacks made on him on social media, is it now being said there's nothing to see here. I have a hard time seeing how he continues to live in that town.

Also makes me really wonder what LE has to go on in this case if they were okay with this getting so out of control. JMHO - but it's been a month and this was the most activity there has been.
I'm trying to catch up during brief down periods at work but did I miss that he's been cleared? Or, link to the speculation being shut down? I'm hoping for resolution today but haven't seen anything yet. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree but I'll bet the police have a dedicated team to monitor SM, forums & YouTube in a case like this.

I would hope so, but I would have also hoped that they would have checked out RL's alibi a little sooner than one month after the girls were found on his property.

I haven't looked to see what carrier/s have cell towers in Dephi or where they are located. I vaguely recall reading on the beginning threads that there are 2 local cell towers, but I could be mistaken. Does anybody know if warrants were issued for cell tower dumps? Warrants would need to be served on the carrier of the cell towers in order to get the cell tower dumps. If warrants were severed they most likely requested all device/user information that connected to that particular tower within a certain date and time period. Once that information comes back it will be analyzed and if anything stands out or fit's into what they are looking for it would be investigated further. I would also be willing to bet that a Stringray or cell site simulator has been brought in.

Stringrays and or cell site simulators are portable and act as a cell tower to spy on cell phone users. LE, FBI, etc. use them to connect to cell phones without users knowledge. Once they are connected they can capture all the device activity and information (including, but not limited to location,) and some even have the capability to listen/record conversations. However, in order to connect the cell phone needs to be powered on.

As far as we know all SW have been and are sealed. Edit: There is a cell tower map on the first page of each thread.

If you haven't seen this video of the search that night, take a look. It gives a clear idea of how difficult it would have been to find them in the dark unless they literally stumbled over them.

https://youtu.be/Kop2LjEGm_8

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I agree. And I think they were expecting to find them alive. Maybe one injured and the other with her. Or in town. But I really don't think they were of a mindset to look for two Bodies at that early point in time.

Differences in where a person lives then I suppose. Being very near Chicago, I'm glad for the cameras, but don't like them, no, they are a violation of privacy. Anyone can fly a drone around with video camera as well.

They sure come in handy when someone goes missing. I've followed missing persons cases here and without security cameras it would be impossible to track a person's movements. It's especially helpful to see if the person interacted with a stranger somewhere, went to an area he or she typically didn't visit, or jumped in/entered (vs was pushed or fell into) a body of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419