Deceased/Not Found Australia - Cheryl Grimmer, 3, Fairy Meadow Beach, NSW, 12 Jan 1970

Not sure what happened with the police conference or why it was mentioned in the link.

However, heres a recent update to the abc link.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...r-cheryl-grimmer-murder-at-wollongong/8378806

Police arrested a 63-year-old man in Frankston, Melbourne, yesterday and said he would be charged with murder and abduction.
He faced Frankston Magistrates Court where police successfully sought his extradition to New South Wales.
"He'll return this afternoon to Wollongong and I can tell you that he will face Wollongong Local Court tomorrow morning," Detective Inspector Brad Ainsworth from the Wollongong LAC said.
"I'm not going to get into the specifics of the actual details of the offences but I can say that they are quite horrific and they will be [revealed] tomorrow at court."

Ah. My guess is that like a lot of Boy's Homes of the era, Mt Penang Boy's Home had a piggery, and that is why Cheryl's remains have never been found.

Ah. My guess is that like a lot of Boy's Homes of the era, Mt Penang Boy's Home had a piggery, and that is why Cheryl's remains have never been found.

Thats quite a shocking thought reasypeasy.
I am aware though that these farming type institutions were largely self sufficient and skills were learnt.

Thinking of Cheryl's loved ones and wishing them strength :rose:

Latest article

[FONT=&quot]"the 63-year-old accused failed to appear at Wollongong Local Court on Friday when the matter was mentioned briefly for the first time.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instead, his lawyer, Laura Fennell, told the court her client would appear via video-link at his next court date scheduled for May 24.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ms Fennell said her client needed urgent psychiatric care."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...rt-over-grimmer-cold-case#P25plKGWlVSV8oSO.99[/FONT]

Very disappointing for Stephen that accused didn't appear in court today.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4552289/cheryl-grimmer-murder-accused-refused-bail/

The man accused of murdering Illawarra toddler Cheryl Grimmer 47 years ago at Fairy Meadow has been refused bail.
The now 63-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of killing the three-year-old within an hour of her disappearance.
He was arrested in Frankston, Victoria on Thursday and extradited to NSW later that day.
The man did not front Wollongong Local Court on Friday choosing to remain in the cells while his matter was mentioned.
He did not apply for bail and it was formally refused.
Defence lawyer Laura Fennell asked that the man receive urgent psychiatric attention whilst in custody.
Magistrate Michael Stoddart ordered that he be referred to Justice Health and adjourned the matter to May 24 for police to serve their brief of evidence.

BBM

Would it automatically be a closed court if there is a suppression on the accused name? TIA

I noticed that. Does anyone know what the 'legal reasons' are that his name can't be mentioned? It's not because he was a minor at the time, is it?

I'm very disappointed Stephen Grimmer did not get to face the accused.

I'm angry that he can't be named and shamed by history for killing a defenceless baby just because he was underage. that's not justice for Cheryl.

And he's not underage now. So what's that about?? Ridiculous!!
The way that we protect the identities of our child killers and child abusers is beyond absurd! :shakehead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham
Back