IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, IMO nothing in that video will give any clue as to COD. It's a great layout of the investigation as it takes place.

The mention of blood that may or may not be there is what I was referring to.

I'll be satisfied to know who and why and I'd rather not know how. Yours or anyone else's prerogative if you do.

IMO I've also been wondering is it possible that the perp drugged the girls ?? Is it possible that he injected them with something that prevented them from screaming or trying to run away ??? IMO that would explain how he could control 2 teens at once and be confident to commit this crime ?? all just IMO but it would make sense and if so then maybe he has ties to pharmaceutical supplies or is in the medical field ??

Interesting point. In Aus. A murderer subdued his victim with a horse tranquilliser. She couldn't fight for her life. A a disgusting human and a disturbing murder.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...en-Chetcuti-49-Whorouly-Vic-14-Jan-2016/page2

I do not believe BG has been identified. LE is checking over old tips, continuing on with ones not yet investigated. If they had DNA from the crimes, and a match, I do not believe this is how they would be utilizing their resources. Also, I find it hard to believe that if they had a true suspect in custody, they would not say so. This is a huge crime, with a huge waiting public. Jmo

Unless I had graduated from medical school and had a license to practice medicine, I also wouldn't tell my doctor how to perform an appendectomy or attempt one myself. Maybe that's just me.

I do not believe BG has been identified. LE is checking over old tips, continuing on with ones not yet investigated. If they had DNA from the crimes, and a match, I do not believe this is how they would be utilizing their resources. Also, I find it hard to believe that if they had a true suspect in custody, they would not say so. This is a huge crime, with a huge waiting public. Jmo
This is what I heard, was just asking earlier..

PD also have eyes and a full video and have a better idea what this suspect looks like better than anyone on a forum. But we keep looking at the photo and trying to determine every feature on BG. Why? Because we want the guy caught and this and the voice is all we have to work with. Because we have a photo we know BG is white so no need to look at a minority suspect. We can estimate that he's over 5'6 tall so we can eliminate anyone 5'2. But again, PD knows this way more than we do, so again, why are we here at all?

No question, of course PD knows way more than we do. They know the COD. They aren't wasting time looking at anyone who doesn't fit their profile. If we had an idea what the COD is, we would not spend countless hours looking at RL who is probably not a match. People wouldn't be questioning the family, also unlikely suspects. If you are going to spend hours sleuthing, wouldn't it be nice to know what kind of suspect you are looking for?

PD will never disclose the COD. They won't release any further video or audio. All we can do now is speculate.

Don't most peole think that finding the bodies of two young girls is enough of a "nightmare" scenario, one that could never be unseen, without it having to be even more gruesome?

Most people are not seasoned LE. MOO.

Reading that article from a month ago.

Top priority processing
Fast tracked

2 days to week foe results

Need 30-35 human cells

It's been well over two weeks, if i read right it was collected from the crime scene, if it's from an object, cig butt, soda can, doesn't mean it's from suspect. Jmo

If they did collect any dna it seems it was not viable, not a match to a known person or it was dna from one of the victims. Jmo

I don't think they have a lead, wish they did. Jmo

In Gabby Doolin's case, DNA was back in a week.

"Fast tracking", my foot. MOO.

Keep in mind also, this suspect may not be in any database. If he's a serial killer he has probably steered clear of any crimes that would lead to him being entered into a database. Perhaps he's had minor offenses in which he's had a summons or even a misdemeanor. Most serial killers are never identified There may be similar crimes committed that PD can compare but without a tip from someone they may not have anything. COD can really narrow down the suspect list and widen or narrow the suspect's home location. The COD leads investigators (and sleuthers) to understand exactly who this BG is.

When I was Libby and Abby's age, a friend and I were biking on a bicycle path that went along a road, but in and out of the woods alongside the road about 20 feet or so. One in of the curves into the woods we came upon a man, who jumped out in front of us and held a knife. The adult me thinks it would have been really easy to swerve around him and just hightail it out of there, but no, we stopped. He led us, compliantly further into the woods where he exposed himself. We were not harmed and pretty much gave him enough stress that he soon left us there and left. Thankfully. I was a pretty tough kid, too, I grew up in NY, the Bronx to be exact, and was much more street savvy than your average tween. My point is, a gun is all it would take to keep the girls compliant until they could be bound, etc. you think it is easy to run, to scream, to fight, but in reality, the sight of a weapon is pretty darn traumatic. I think the photo of BG is 80 ft from Libby, but very close to Abby. I don't think there is much more footage before Libby puts the phone into her pocket because I think BG was getting ready to pull the gun out on Abby who is probably just outside the photo we have seen. JMHO

Wow - what a terrifying experience, elmomom. I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm glad you're okay :hug:

and...

BBM That's exactly what I think too. You just summed it up IMO

In Gabby Doolin's case, DNA was back in a week.

"Fast tracking", my foot. MOO.

It's very likely that all tests on the bodies, including forensic evidence, was fast tracked. However, if forensic evidence cannot be matched to a known individual, it's not helpful.

Right?

Keep in mind also, this suspect may not be in any database. If he's a serial killer he has probably steered clear of any crimes that would lead to him being entered into a database. Perhaps he's had minor offenses in which he's had a summons or even a misdemeanor. Most serial killers are never identified There may be similar crimes committed that PD can compare but without a tip from someone they may not have anything. COD can really narrow down the suspect list and widen or narrow the suspect's home location. The COD leads investigators (and sleuthers) to understand exactly who this BG is.

You or I or anyone who isn't entitled to have details isn't entitled to have details.

I get people are frustrated & I get some of us are getting pretty grouchy because it looks like nothing is happening, but I'm going to cheer LE on and have faith instead of being critical unless and until I know they botched the case.

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while, but this is my first post - everyone is so thorough and quick that no sooner have I thought something, it has been posted. This GIF has really been eye opening for me, though, and I wanted to make a couple of observations that are JMO:
- From the beginning, one of the things that bothered me was how different the two pictures of BG (whose BG? - drink!) were so different from one another. They almost looked like two different people. From this GIF I think that I have some clarity on this issue. Because of the turn to the right, towards the girls, the second picture is perhaps a more direct picture - IMO it is more likely to match BG more closely because it is not as oblique at picture 1. And again, IMO, in the second pic he looks younger and possibly stockier.
- IMO BG makes a quick and quite sudden move to the right. We don't know how fast he is walking, but if you look at the markings on the bridge, it has become clear to me (IMO) that there could not have been more than one step in between the pictures. IMO this speaks to a confident stride with clear purpose and intention.
- He is not making eye-contact in either of the pictures, looking down instead. While this could be because he is hesitant as has been speculated, IMO it could have been one of the things that alerted the girls to the fact that this man was not friendly. A fast pace, confident stride, not making eye contact, heading towards you - if all of that is true, then the girls would have known something was wrong very quickly (There is interesting work that has been done looking at how we only become conscious of a fraction of the stimuli or cues in our environment, and how what we understand as intuition is often the brain picking up, at a very high speed, on dissonant things around us and warning us that something is amiss. I will have to dig into my psychology notes for references but would be happy to do for anyone who is interested).g

I know there is nothing particularly new about what I am saying, but this GIF has somehow cleared my thinking and has settled some niggly issues for me (IMO of course).

Thank you for amazing insights and stimulating discussion.

Absolutely awesome first post! Thanks

IMO in order to catch a criminal you have to think like one.. maybe we all should start thinking of scenarios of how one would try and commit this heinous crime and elude the LE this far ?? It still baffles me though that after he had taken one of the girls lives how the other girl wasn't screaming in total fear trying to run regardless if he had a gun ?? IMHO I still think that they were somehow subdued with something ?? Any opinions on this ??

I have suspected since hearing/seeing evidence that he was on the bridge with them, that he likely followed them to the trailhead where they were dropped by off by the relative. Car, truck, motorcycle?Either that or he was there when they arrived(if this was simply about opportunity), and decided upon seeing them exit the vehicle that they were going to be his target.

That could be the case. He may have sat in a car or near the trailhead just waiting. This is what allegedly may have happened with Lyric and Elizabeth. Several witnesses reported seeing an old white boxy SUV at the entrance to the trail they disappeared from.

PD also have eyes and a full video and have a better idea what this suspect looks like better than anyone on a forum. But we keep looking at the photo and trying to determine every feature on BG. Why? Because we want the guy caught and this and the voice is all we have to work with. Because we have a photo we know BG is white so no need to look at a minority suspect. We can estimate that he's over 5'6 tall so we can eliminate anyone 5'2. But again, PD knows this way more than we do, so again, why are we here at all?

No question, of course PD knows way more than we do. They know the COD. They aren't wasting time looking at anyone who doesn't fit their profile. If we had an idea what the COD is, we would not spend countless hours looking at RL who is probably not a match. People wouldn't be questioning the family, also unlikely suspects. If you are going to spend hours sleuthing, wouldn't it be nice to know what kind of suspect you are looking for?

PD will never disclose the COD. They won't release any further video or audio. All we can do now is speculate.

But many ppl in town know how they died.

I agree with all of this. Yet as I read your post I had to wonder then why LE is following up and calling random people who join discussions on other sites. (Previously posted today by a poster.)

If they truly have their profile, I wouldn't think they'd be wasting their time following up on small social media tips about people who engage in chatter about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member