IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
We "heard" about it late at night/midnight. According to Carroll County appraisal district... RL only owns the approx. 40 acres from that road back to the creek. Across the street (where the silo/grain bin is located) is owned by someone else.
https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=2&PageID=2976
it showed him as booked at midnight, but it did for everyone. It must be their default time in the system, no matter what time they come in.

I had a thought early on in the case, which I never bothered to discuss, but lately I have been thinking it again.
What if LE had a suspect immediately? Releasing a couple of blurry stills from the video may have been their way of showing the suspect enough evidence to try to get him to turn himself in. I remember they kept saying things like they were waiting for one tip, a specific tip, that would solve the case... and that in alllll those tips they knew it hadn't been called in yet. As least that is about what I remember hearing, and the only way I can get that to make any sense is with this theory.

Another poster asked the same question and my answer was :

Sorry but I choose not to do that bc I don't want to expose his name.
I have sent tip to the police about him.
FYII ; In 2001 he was convicted of conspiracy/murder

My reason for posting it was I would like to know other members opinion on wether they also, as I, found it odd that he has bin interviewd in the media twice about the murder.

We can't form an opinion on that, if we don't know who you're talking about. If you won't give a link then there's really nothing we can talk about in relation to this person.

Could RL be BG? Some say no, others say possibly. That's it in a nutshell. Oh and someone posted they have inside info but can't share it because it would violate TOS.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
but they did post their opinion which was quite interesting to say the least

How can we comment if we don't know who your talking about though. I mean no offense, but if you cannot share, your not supposed to post. You don't have to say who, just drop the msm post here and say nothing. We're smart, we'll get it. Otherwise I get the impression you will be afraid someone else might get your credit. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm not afraid, whatsoever, that someone might get my credit,
I'm afraid that the suspect might become aware of that he might be a suspect by police IF they
found my tip of interrest.
I don't want to risk jeopardizing the investigation.

Jmo, for any post starting with "do we know..." ...the answer is "no".

We know that neighbors asked if people could walk his property looking for the girls

But do we know if LE checked his outbuildings that night? That I'm not sure. I do know neighbors asked 2/13 if they could search for the girls on his property. Probably the property near the creek.

Yes, but we don't know if he actually agreed to it do we? It seems many people have assumed he said yes, but what if he didn't. What if he said, well it's going to be pretty dark out there and I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt on my property, why not wait until morning...If it wasn't LE that asked him that night, maybe they didn't initially even realize he'd refused... This is JMO. When interviewed he always says he was asked, instead of saying something like " when I got home and was told the girls were missing I gave permission for them to search my property. I've never heard him say that.

Do we even know where RL is? Wasn't it yesterday or the day before that all we could find was that he was at an unknown facility or something like that?

It appears he is still in Carroll County jail.... https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qa3pNVFV3TnpFNU1qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhOakE9In19

03/22/2017 Hearing Journal Entry

Defendant appears in custody of the Sheriff of Carroll County. Hearing is held on the Motion for Immediate Setting of Bail or in the Alternative Release the Defendant to Carroll County Community Corrections. Testimony is heard and concluded. The Court having been duly advised now takes its ruling under advisement. Defendant is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff. 3/23/17

Judicial Officer:
Fouts, Kurtis

--
03/22/2017 Order Issued

The State of Indiana appears by Jerry Bean, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. The defendant appears in custody of the Sheriff and by counsel, Andrew Achey. Hearing is held on the Motion for Immediate Setting of Bail or in the Alternative Release the Defendant to Carroll County Community Corrections. Testimony is heard and concluded. The Court having taken its' ruling under advisement now denies said motion. The defendant is ordered to be held without bond. C: State, Achey, RJO 3/27/17

Judicial Officer:
Fouts, Kurtis

Order Signed:
03/24/2017

Thank you for that. I'd forgotten. Interesting since it was so lit up on the night of 2/13 that they didn't find them then.

Which makes sense for those theorizing they were laid there early that morning after search called off.
Or maybe they were concealed somehow.

My reason for posting it was I would like to know other members opinion on wether they also, as I, found it odd that he has bin interviewd in the media twice about the murder.
And how would we know who you are talking about?

Listen to Carbuff folks. We NEED more helpers.

Just a suggestion...

If anybody wants to put their sleuthing skills to use in a different area, we could use lots of help over in the Unidentified forum (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?407-Identified!). Trying to find out who these people are and bring them home to their families is a lot more productive than making another lap around the same old track :)

If you're into genealogy or are good with public records searches or newspaper archives, maybe trying to find out who Robert Evans really is and where he left his victims might interest you: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-Evans-suspected-SK-Allenstown-1981-2000-s-2

There are lots of others. Poke around, find something you like.

I had a thought early on in the case, which I never bothered to discuss, but lately I have been thinking it again.
What if LE had a suspect immediately? Releasing a couple of blurry stills from the video may have been their way of showing the suspect enough evidence to try to get him to turn himself in. I remember they kept saying things like they were waiting for one tip, a specific tip, that would solve the case... and that in alllll those tips they knew it hadn't been called in yet. As least that is about what I remember hearing, and the only way I can get that to make any sense is with this theory.

I agree it was a LE ploy to rattle him.

Thank you for that. I'd forgotten. Interesting since it was so lit up on the night of 2/13 that they didn't find them then.

Which makes sense for those theorizing they were laid there early that morning after search called off.

You do realize his property was acres and acres, right? The area around his home and out buildings could have been lit up, the grove area was almost a mile from the house.

People are barking up the wrong tree with RL. MOO.

I'm not afraid, whatsoever, that someone might get my credit,
I'm afraid that the suspect might become aware of that he might be a suspect by police IF they
found my tip of interrest.
I don't want to risk jeopardizing the investigation.

I would ask myself if the person is one of the local landowners, because I imagine reporters were walking around the area trying to get comments and interviews. But it is always suspect to me when a person who is uninvolved appears eager to talk to the press. Possibly they enjoy the spotlight, but as with RL, having a criminal background makes it more suspicious that they would enjoy the spotlight. Did the person seem to recite the way he thought things happened? Or just how he felt about the murders? One shows intent to control the story being told, the other is less suspicious to me.
I'm glad you called it in.

A bit off topic, but I finally caught up. If the girks went out there to take photos, did LE or anyone mention seeing these photos? Only the 1 photo was uploaded, which I find interesting considering they were out there for so long. Now, obviously they may have just not uploaded the others but do we know at all if there were others taken? If not I wonder if they became distracted by BG, perhaps he was following them from the beginning and it wasnt until the bridge they decided to film him because it got so weird.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Another poster asked the same question and my answer was :

Sorry but I choose not to do that bc I don't want to expose his name.
I have sent tip to the police about him.
FYII ; In 2001 he was convicted of conspiracy/murder

without knowing who you are talking about it is difficult to form an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member