Very Strange Story/Note from 1985 Found in Butt of Gun

Yes, information I have is that he had called her 10-15 minutes before he was attacked (closing the store) so they knew he should be on the road soon home. I have never looked up the distance/time from the store to his home so the timing may be interesting how long she waited to call back, knowing he had notified her that he was on his way home.

Which is something that even today, if I got off work at the same time every night, I don't think I'd notify my wife I were on my way home? Only if I weren't? I don't know.

Thank you for your observation!

I do..I would...I did sometimes when I was not sure about the people I travelled with (taxi, bicycle trip trough the woods) ...maybe she (the second wife) was worried about the stuff that happened and she wanted him to call when he went on his way, or he wanted to call because he felt 'something' was going on....things were happening.... something like "if I'm not home in ..... time, call the cops.." I don't know....I can imaging something like that....

Puzzled again...there was another gun (or guns), at least the one with the note in it, in the house and they where stolen a few days after Smith died. Why borrow a revolver from your mother-in-law to shoot yourself?

RSBM

That's a good question. If there were other guns in the house you wouldn't need to borrow a gun from your mother-in-law for protection against prowlers.

"Deputies responded within 15 minutes to the call from Smith's mother-in-law about the shooting". Was his mother-in-law living with them or maybe just visiting?

RSBM

That's a good question. If there were other guns in the house you wouldn't need to borrow a gun from your mother-in-law for protection against prowlers.

"Deputies responded within 15 minutes to the call from Smith's mother-in-law about the shooting". Was his mother-in-law living with them or maybe just visiting?

Thank you for your interest and great comment, this is a question I intend to do my best to get answered firsthand.

acs

I hope we don't need to tell you to be very careful in your quest.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hello! Thank you for your genuine concern, I have been running "Silent" in life, my 32 year lifelong investigation so far.

I have come to the point where I need to bury this and forget about it, or go "Fangs Out" to try to make things happen, shaking it up, and then send the pain back below.

I have no natural enemies, and I am pretty fearless. Just always say sunlight is the best disinfectant and it's about time summer shines down on the subject.

Is there anything you think I am doing or intend to do could be harmful for anyone? Other than myself if it turns out to be the worst that I expect? :)

Thank you again for your kind and caring comment.

acs

Hello! Thank you for your genuine concern, I have been running "Silent" in life, my 32 year lifelong investigation so far.

I have come to the point where I need to bury this and forget about it, or go "Fangs Out" to try to make things happen, shaking it up, and then send the pain back below.

I have no natural enemies, and I am pretty fearless. Just always say sunlight is the best disinfectant and it's about time summer shines down on the subject.

Is there anything you think I am doing or intend to do could be harmful for anyone? Other than myself if it turns out to be the worst that I expect? :)

Thank you again for your kind and caring comment.

acs
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that you were doing anything dangerous. I guess I meant that, it could be dangerous if you uncover police corruption (if it goes that way), I guess I watch too much TV, and honestly wasn't really thinking about how far in the past it was. Sorry

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that you were doing anything dangerous. I guess I meant that, it could be dangerous if you uncover police corruption (if it goes that way), I guess I watch too much TV, and honestly wasn't really thinking about how far in the past it was. Sorry

Absolutely no need to apologize, my friend! I suppose even in the past that far, if someone has something they want want to hide and if I am digging and getting close without even knowing it, I may turn up in a car accident. It wouldn't be the strangest story ever told.

I have my own ideas about what happened down there, but when I was 12 years old when it happened I really was not allowed to ask questions and nobody was going to shoot me straight. I am an adult now, I have earned the right to ask questions and answers.

I'm posting this here, I'm hoping that under what seems to me as mysterious circumstances, perhaps some of my new friends will have light bulbs pops on the top of their head and it would actually be an easy case.

Again, your apology is not needed, but if it makes you feel better you're absolutely forgiven by me!

Please hanging here on the thread, I am preparing to post the whole bunch of documents, articles, letters, and reports on saw stuff going on back in 1985. My personal story, oddly enough, reminds me a lot of the Pearl Jam song Alive.

That's kind of the way it went down a few listen to that song. I was watching the Dukes of Hazard, the phone rang late at night, and this little zero kid finds that his father, with whom he had hoped to meet again someday and battle it out logically and maybe even just… listen.

But again, now, I am a "fully armed and operational battle station" and I can ask any question I want, and I can try to get answers to any of those questions.

I can't explain why I'm driven to do so, there is something in me is just not letting go of this one.

Good day, my friend,

acs

Respectfully snipped
allfalldown said:
I can't explain why I'm driven to do so, there is something in me is just not letting go of this one.

I can relate a bit, as I often wonder if my grandfather was murdered or the victim of a careless hunting accident back in the early 1900's when "friends" that owed him a substantial sum of money coaxed him to go hunting with them. He had never been hunting before, didn't own a shotgun... He was killed supposedly by picking up the shotgun by the barrel and a branch caught in the trigger caused it to fire.

The "friends" all stuck to their story, and though held in jail a short time, eventually let go, no charges, and no money ever paid back to my grandmother as she didn't speak much English, and nothing was written...

Now here's the strange twist - had he not been killed, he was set to move his family cross country, but now his widow was penniless could not do so, and even had to place my mother in an orphanage! -- changing her life completely.

BUT, as a consequence, my mother met my father - and thus here I am... So I owe my verty being to my grandfather's probable murder!

My father's name as Harley Arlen "Sam" Smith. He went by Sam to family and friends - perhaps he didn't like his first or middle names.

Also, my father's property was auctioned off without the 2nd wife even asking if I would want anything of my families heritage. We received no proceeds or personal items from my father, which of course I'd have cherished. I was very young but I know my father had a banjo that was passed down 2 generations and was to be mine. She had to have known this.

acs

I'm so sorry AFD. This post breaks my heart. :(

Respectfully snipped

I can relate a bit, as I often wonder if my grandfather was murdered or the victim of a careless hunting accident back in the early 1900's when "friends" that owed him a substantial sum of money coaxed him to go hunting with them. He had never been hunting before, didn't own a shotgun... He was killed supposedly by picking up the shotgun by the barrel and a branch caught in the trigger caused it to fire.

The "friends" all stuck to their story, and though held in jail a short time, eventually let go, no charges, and no money ever paid back to my grandmother as she didn't speak much English, and nothing was written...

Now here's the strange twist - had he not been killed, he was set to move his family cross country, but now his widow was penniless could not do so, and even had to place my mother in an orphanage! -- changing her life completely.

BUT, as a consequence, my mother met my father - and thus here I am... So I owe my verty being to my grandfather's probable murder!
Wow, just fascinating. If you ever decide to dig up the truth OldSteve I hope you make a thread here.

Respectfully snipped

What a wonderful way to look at it. X

It's great to see Adam (allfalldown) is verified family in this case.

Ok, I'm putting up a link to my person dropbox.

This is full of as high res as I could find pics of every local newspaper article, I've annotate some - red underline and yellow highlight to catch the attention of whoever is perusing them where the article is.

I'm putting these up here and you may ask me any questions you have about them. Who, what, when, why, how. I will answer to the best of my ability otherwise I'll reply with "I don't know". I will give a best guess or my opinion when when asked for.

I have another batch of stuff coming, some emails (there is one email in there that is 15 years old from a Jodi, my fathers step daughter who reached out to me).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7izm84vsqnwhkk/April 5, 2017.zip?dl=0

enjoy, I wish I had time to date them in order but this is not my normal job!

Ok, I'm putting up a link to my person dropbox.

This is full of as high res as I could find pics of every local newspaper article, I've annotate some - red underline and yellow highlight to catch the attention of whoever is perusing them where the article is.

I'm putting these up here and you may ask me any questions you have about them. Who, what, when, why, how. I will answer to the best of my ability otherwise I'll reply with "I don't know". I will give a best guess or my opinion when when asked for.

I have another batch of stuff coming, some emails (there is one email in there that is 15 years old from a Jodi, my fathers step daughter who reached out to me).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7izm84vsqnwhkk/April 5, 2017.zip?dl=0

enjoy, I wish I had time to date them in order but this is not my normal job!

I just received the investigation notes from my FOIA.

Two pdfs in linked in dropbox straight from San Juan County Sheriff.

My thoughts on what happened are changing because a ton of lies of omission and lies about Harleys will. Turns out there is proof one existed. I've never seen it. Can I find out where or how it was supposed to be filed?

Here are the two files from FOIA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4x3rft85fpf0kt/Case #1985-1852_Part1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6pu25rvkl49ypn/Case #1985-1852_Part2.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for hanging in there gang! This is a weird one.

Adam
#1 Son

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member