MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nr3ewi.png
They are beautiful angels. This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us. :heartbeat:

yes. but I think he stashed Jessica there because Kara was never found so he figured it was a good safe place.

I generally agree with you. But, isn't it pretty serial killer of him to stash his victims in the same spot? Just so gross and had to have been somewhat calculated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephanie Kayser was live. 2 hrs · Update from Capt Tieman on Cass County search KCTV5 News I was posting this 2 hours ago but got distracted, sorry!
They are giving this so much diligence and treating it with such respect. So many various agencies have been brought in to help over the past few days. I have so much respect for these people and the work that they do. It has got to be mentally draining. On another note, I doubt that KY will expect the FBI to have become involved in assisting this investigation. I hope he has fun with that.

I generally agree with you. But, isn't it pretty serial killer of him to stash his victims in the same spot? Just so gross and had to have been somewhat calculated.

It was a good spot for the first 10 years apparently.

Legal question:

Will it be a problem that the person who found the spot was mushroom hunting in a No trespassing area therefore technically breaking the law? Is Violation of a No Trespassing area only a problem if the owner wants to pursue charges? I doubt the quarry will pursue charges on the trespasser. But I would hate to have this be some technicality that KY can skate on.

Legal question: Will it be a problem that the person who found the spot was mushroom hunting in a No trespassing area therefore technically breaking the law? Is Violation of a No Trespassing area only a problem if the owner wants to pursue charges? I doubt the quarry will pursue charges on the trespasser. But I would hate to have this be some technicality that KY can skate on.
I don't think so, that would be a separate offense completely. I haven't heard anything about the rock quarry wanting to press charges against the mushroom hunter. Which, if they do, they should also charge KY quadruple for trespassing, twice for going in there and twice for dumping his victims on their land like garbage. The police will likely investigate the land, who owns it, if there is a link somewhere to the case. There likely isn't, but they will do it to cover all their bases.

Very seriously doubt the quarry would press any charges aganist the mushroom hunter. If they did it would no doubt cause some utter chaos from the public and media. Everyone is thankful for thE mushroom hunter breaking the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can it be determined if they were killed at the dumping spot?

I don't think it's harsh, I always felt like his grandfather knew something was wrong. Maybe he was in deep denial but that's not an excuse.

I will say that sociopaths fool MANY people. I personally know one, she has said and done some completely terrible, heartless things. Yet she is active in the church and has everyone completely fooled into thinking she is a good person. It angers me to no end.

They're good at manipulating people and twisting words and situations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very seriously doubt the quarry would press any charges aganist the mushroom hunter. If they did it would no doubt cause some utter chaos from the public and media. Everyone is thankful for thE mushroom hunter breaking the law.

I agree. Honestly, I think the mushroom hunter should be given any reward money that is still being offered in these cases.

Wow. KY sounds like an absolute . I hope he rots.

i'm gonna take a scene from the movie "Little Nicky" and put in in ths content for Kylr.. picture this, Kylr, for all eternity, gets a pineapple shoved up his well derrier thrice a day. not just small pineapples, no no, he has to pick the largest ones while satan laughs (BTW, Harvey Keital rocked in this movie)

i said this in a post pages back, but him going back to take JR to the crime scene where he burried KK was his downfall.

I agree. Honestly, I think the mushroom hunter should be given any reward money that is still being offered in these cases.

He probably wouldn't take it .... Ya know I really was thinking how much utter shock hew went through at the moment he found the initial skull.... I would have [emoji90] on myself .... And ran screaming

Legal question:

Will it be a problem that the person who found the spot was mushroom hunting in a No trespassing area therefore technically breaking the law? Is Violation of a No Trespassing area only a problem if the owner wants to pursue charges? I doubt the quarry will pursue charges on the trespasser. But I would hate to have this be some technicality that KY can skate on.

Criminal trespass statutes: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/56900001401.html (scroll to the right to see more degrees)
-Even if the state pressed charges it would likely only be an infraction as a penalty

Civil trespass statute: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/53700003401.html
-This would maybe allow for financial recovery of the property owner for damaging the property (i.e. removing valuable resources, i.e. mushrooms) if the property owner chose to pursue it. I haven't read it closely and don't know all the facts so I am not entirely sure if it would be a case or not IMO.

As far as the Rules of Evidence go, the exclusionary rule (which is the principle that illegally obtained evidence is not admissible in court, per the 4th amendment) only applies to government officials or those working under government official's authority. There is still a blanket bar for evidence that is not "reliable." So taking a hypothetical scenario, if a person broke into a house and found evidence, the defense attorneys would argue the evidence is too unreliable to be admitted (like that it could be tampered with or forged, or the witness is a thief therefore its unreliable, etc.).

IMO none of this will apply to these remains being found by the mushroom hunter. It's hard to argue that dental or DNA evidence would be unreliable in this situation. JMO.

mushroom hunter is pretty lucky, LE said that there were venomous snakes out there when they were searching for clues. After reading that, and the fact that i don't eat mushrooms, I think I will stay out of the woods.

Criminal trespass statutes: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/56900001401.html (scroll to the right to see more degrees)
-Even if the state pressed charges it would likely only be an infraction as a penalty

Civil trespass statute: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/53700003401.html
-This would maybe allow for financial recovery of the property owner for damaging the property (i.e. removing valuable resources, i.e. mushrooms) if the property owner chose to pursue it. I haven't read it closely and don't know all the facts so I am not entirely sure if it would be a case or not IMO.

As far as the Rules of Evidence go, the exclusionary rule (which is the principle that illegally obtained evidence is not admissible in court, per the 4th amendment) only applies to government officials or those working under government official's authority. There is still a blanket bar for evidence that is not "reliable." So taking a hypothetical scenario, if a person broke into a house and found evidence, the defense attorneys would argue the evidence is too unreliable to be admitted (like that it could be tampered with or forged, or the witness is a thief therefore its unreliable, etc.).

IMO none of this will apply to these remains being found by the mushroom hunter. It's hard to argue that dental or DNA evidence would be unreliable in this situation. JMO.

Thank you! That last part was what I was worried about. He technically committed a crime and came across a crime scene. I was worried the evidence would be tossed.

If you have ever known someone like Kylr - the person he shows everyone else is charming, funny, a little immature, risk-taking and influential. His grandfather, not just being a grandfather, sees the little boy Kylr used to be, and especially the Kylr that depended on his grandparents love and shelter where he had nothing but chaos and strife and drug-addicted parents at home. I don't think he ever knew much about what went down with Kara, or suspected Kylr at all - that is probably where the first seed of "they just go after my grandson because he's the rebel in town." was born. As time went on and Kylr got into little trouble here and there, its just Kylr being bothered by those damn Belton PD that know him by first name. The stuff with KF? Probably didn't know the details and Kylr wasn't about to tell him. Going to prison for drugs? Well that isn't violent either. But then Jessica disappeared and I think he started to doubt. He showed the media the search warrant, he let them film the house and Kylr's room...he said he was sorry about Jessica being missing back then. And now? I know we want to blame someone, but I feel for Alfred Yust, having to face a reality like this one and knowing in his heart what happened. It is devastating to realize someone you love is a liar, a manipulator, a deeply disturbed and broken person. I can't even imagine what it would be like to realize that about your grandson.

Now moving on to the live update today https://www.facebook.com/stephaniekctv5/videos/1406920029366642/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE
We learned that more remains were recovered, that they were excavated (so likely partially buried or more) and that they are looking to prosecute The Person Responsible.

Could they tell if they were killed there? I don't think so, not all this time later. There was one theory that after watching Crime Watch Daily that evening about Kara, it may have spurred some conversation between Jessica and Kylr after they left AA's house, where she could have asked him if he really did it, and he took her to the scene, flipped out and killed her, either because it occurred to him to do so, or because he realized what he just did and that she has to die to stay quiet. The other is he simply tried to force their relationship to the next level, maybe tried to get her to dump JM for him, she resisted and he snapped and it all happened somewhere else in the car. After all, we have seen that pattern with Kara trying to break it off, with KF trying to break it off...both choked near death at least once. He burned her car likely to hide evidence of the crime or of her dead body being transported in it, so I conclude she was killed somewhere else and so was Kara. It is quite possible Kara died in the basement of Waffle's place and was taken from there.

Someone else asked who may have helped him? We can't name names here but Kylr has a really shady side of the family and potentially a nutso BFF. I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter