OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GPS unit was only on JM's truck from April 22 until April 28 when there was a last position track.

This device - I wonder if they put one on JW's vehicle ? Maybe the device was on the wrong vehicle and that vehicle was abandoned with the toys and trailers ? This case is making my stomach churn.

[/Officials said that the device was placed on Manley's truck on April 22. On April 28, officials said the last position notification was received. QUOTE]

http://www.wlwt.com/article/brother...ering-with-evidence-vandalism-charges/9661697

So, they took an ambulance and a vehicle marked SWAT. Sounds like they were expecting to arrest someone and anticipated possible armed resistance or some other situation that could result in physical injury.

As for an amphibious vehicle, there are several ponds on the property, good places to dispose of evidence like weapons, etc.

The social media posting about the Alaska trip is now MSM so please allow me to comment what is in this story.

*http://local12.com/news/local/quest...unty-massacre-investigators-search-properties

A SWAT TEAM and 33 police cars show up for a search warrant with Media and the property owners are touring. Posing for a nice picture and sharing lanscapes like nothing happened.

Gees. Don't tell me cops are not interested in talking to the property owners.

Alaska is 4000 miles away from Pike County. It's more realistic to fly and rent a car. It would leave tracks easy to follow. Driving there is feasible I guess. But with 2 young children, possibly 2 or 3 cars, it's a hell of a journey to come back later.

Most important, travelers must go through Canada customs and cross a 1000 miles wilderness where strangers with Ohio plates are easily spotted. They would necessarily stop* at the only gas station 50 miles around.

So I am a bit skeptical. Many don't believe in fake media, I believe even less in social media postings.

I hope I am wrong. Any thoughts?

c
Could KR have been murdered in revenge, later that morning,because someone suspected that he might have been involved in the earlier seven murders?

Revenge is possible, but I don't really see it. To me the 2 most likely scenarios are 1) that his murder was an opportunistic killing by a different killer with a different motive or 2) an attempt to make this look like a classic mass murder/suicide.
I'm still leaning more to the mass murder/staged attempt to make KR look like a suicide. Any number of things could have went wrong with the staging, including the "suicide weapon" being removed before investigators arrived on the scene. ( total speculation)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, they took an ambulance and a vehicle marked SWAT. Sounds like they were expecting to arrest someone and anticipated possible armed resistance or some other situation that could result in physical injury.

As for an amphibious vehicle, there are several ponds on the property, good places to dispose of evidence like weapons, etc.

With their own church on their property, sounds like LE may have expected another Waco.

Authorities investigating the slayings of eight family members in southern Ohio have taken a trailer linked to the family of one victim's ex-boyfriend.

The trailer was taken from one of multiple sites that authorities searched late last week. Bernie Brown owns property in Peebles where the trailer had been stored and says its owners needed a place to keep household items for a bit after recently selling their Adams County farm.

This article is calling James Manley a witness...

A witness has been charged with destruction of a GPS device as part of the investigation into the murders of eight members of the Rhoden Family in Pike County, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine’s office said in a press release Tuesday.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...harged-with-tampering/VLBhZ6zZ8iGIGovUY0OhEM/

anybody that potentially has information is a "witness". notice dewine did not refer to him as a POI.

The social media posting about the Alaska trip is now MSM so please allow me to comment what is in this story.

*http://local12.com/news/local/quest...unty-massacre-investigators-search-properties

A SWAT TEAM and 33 police cars show up for a search warrant with Media and the property owners are touring. Posing for a nice picture and sharing lanscapes like nothing happened.

Gees. Don't tell me cops are not interested in talking to the property owners.

Alaska is 4000 miles away from Pike County. It's more realistic to fly and rent a car. It would leave tracks easy to follow. Driving there is feasible I guess. But with 2 young children, possibly 2 or 3 cars, it's a hell of a journey to come back later.

Most important, travelers must go through Canada customs and cross a 1000 miles wilderness where strangers with Ohio plates are easily spotted. They would necessarily stop* at the only gas station 50 miles around.

So I am a bit skeptical. Many don't believe in fake media, I believe even less in social media postings.

I hope I am wrong. Any thoughts?

We drove there and you are right about the wilderness. We traveled many many miles through northern Canada and Yukon Territory with no cell phone service. There was not even any power lines strung beside the highway like you would normally see here.

We were worried about running out of gasoline between gas stations, so we would ask every time we stopped for fuel how far the next gas station was. We were told many times "Don't worry there is a really good sized town about 100 miles up the road. It has a gas station, a restaurant, and a hotel." We would get there and it would be one building with a restaurant, gas pumps out front and a few rooms for rent in back.

And let me mention that the people that operate these "towns" are very curious especially when they see a tag from the lower 48. They want to know your story, especially where you are from. They always asked for a drivers license when we used a credit card and they would carefully note your name address ect, sometimes writing it down.

I realize I am giving a slanted view of the Canada wilderness and I am sure not everyone there is that curious, but a lot of them were.

Surprised and secretly pleased with myself if it turns out JM was involved. Back in August I picked up on something that pointed directly to him. I asked if anyone knew the earliest time he could know everyone was dead and IIRC no one had a guess. I wrote an entire post about why I asked but convinced myself I couldn't be right and probably had the timeline wrong so I didn't post it and just saved it my iPad. It bothered me for a few weeks so I decided to post again and once more felt bad for being so critical and there was probably an innocent explanation that I wasn't seeing so I didn't post it.

Anyway in light of recent events here is the post that left me so conflicted.

"I asked earlier about any guess on the earliest time JM would have known everyone was dead but there were no guesses. Here is why I asked (apologies if it was already asked)

From the interview with Frankie's ex:

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. Her tall-for-his-age and tow-headed son Brentley, who turns 4 in September, was all right, the caller said, but his dad and all the other Rhodens she loved?

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.”

Who called Chelsea? The time of death (which is actually the time of discovery for Dana,Hanna May, and Chris by LE)Jr is 8:17. If someone called her at 8:14 and specifically told her everyone was dead how did they already know?

Now there could be an assumption on the part of James Manley that after finding what he did that something was terribly wrong.But I sincerely doubt that even with the strongest hunch you are not going to start spreading the news that an entire household has been murdered until you are sure.

So even if he called BJ to tell her what he found he isn't going to risk her letting Mr.Manley know that they are all dead if there is a 1% chance they aren't. For all they knew someone could be seriously injured or not even in the house. For instance there would have been a chance that Chris Jr. wasn't there since his car wasn't at Dana's it was at his father's.They knew nothing at the time that would let them know the time of death hence upon coming upon that scene at that time it wouldn't be far fetched to assume it was a very fresh crime scene and Chris Jr could have gotten a ride to school. Wouldn't any reasonable person be holding onto small hopes like that until they had to face the truth? Heck if it were me I'd be hoping maybe someone was kidnapped because in that moment anything would be better than them all being dead. Someone was too certain too soon that they were all dead.

So is it me or did someone majorly jump the gun in letting Chelsea know? Who made that call and why at 8:14 that morning were they confident enough to call Chelsea and tell her that not only were Frankie and Hannah dead but so were Dana,Chris Jr and Hanna May."

ACTUAL TIMELINE:

7:53 a.m.: A 9-1-1 call was placed to Pike County Sherriff’s Office stating deputies were needed at 4077 Union Hill Road and two males were possibly deceased. Deputies responded to the call were flagged down and given two additional addresses where they found more victims. (Plenty of time for her to be called and told)
10:07 a.m.: It was confirmed that seven people were found dead by LE to public.

anybody that potentially has information is a "witness". notice dewine did not refer to him as a POI.

I wonder what information that he has, other than what we know about the bodies being found? Did he see who committed the killings?

Could be they are leaning on JM for a slightly different reason. It's possible other people at that address could have had access to the same truck and the same phone. A variety of ages and sexes there, just like most other families. The truck is alleged to have been used by...unsaid. A text was sent from his phone from...unsaid.

I was thinking the same thing....who else at the home would have access to the truck and the phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what information that he has, other than what we know about the bodies being found? Did he see who committed the killings?

He may not know anything. They have to put a label on him for paperwork reasons. I think LE has gone all in hoping to draw four aces...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/brot...acre-victim-chsrged-with-evidence-tampering?d

"James Manley, 40, of Pike County was charged with:One count of Tampering with Evidence, a felony of the third degree
One count of Vandalism, a felony of the fifth degree
Manley is alleged to have destroyed a GPS device used in the investigation. The charges Manley faces are not uncommon when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation."

(found this forum last week. New to posting)

:welcome: to websleuths. Glad to have you.

Indeed! And it is a felony. I think I would just leave that vehicle and find different wheels if I found such a device

Maybe I am naive, but I would call the police. Especially if I were innocent.

When you're innocent of wrong doing, you don't act guilty. Destroying the GPS tracking device makes JM look guilty, of what I'm not sure. If you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing!
I doubt they placed the tracking device on his vehicle just for the hell of it. They have their reasons.

I need posting lessons. Tripping all over myself here

The property with the church is beautiful! Does anybody know what breed of horses are being raised there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg