AR - Newborn had nearly 100 severe rat bites, parents charged, 14 May 2017

Definitely. My insinuation was that they simply weren't home, as you said. Or they were passed out on something.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The bassinet was in the living room.

A blood soaked toboggan was in the bedroom. What the heck?

Gee, meth or heroine?

Meth ruining lives!!
Probably not passed out on meth, since as far as I know it keeps you up. Heroin? Other opiates? Benzos? All of the above? Who knows.

The bassinet was in the living room.

A blood soaked toboggan was in the bedroom. What the heck?
That's a slide in French. What is it in English?

ETA - never mind. I Googled. 😊
Weird!

Probably not passed out on meth, since as far as I know it keeps you up. Heroin? Other opiates? Benzos? All of the above? Who knows.

No telling right? All of the above, some of the above...my gut tells me this will turn out to be meth related.

No telling right? All of the above, some of the above...my gut tells me this will turn out to be meth related.
I suppose they could have been coming down from a meth binge and passed out hard.

MY GOD!!!!! And they are only being charged with endangering the welfare of a minor?!! Surely there is something more they can be charged with..I swear, I cannot even begin to believe this, a 15-day old baby being basically eaten by rats...can't comprehend it right now..

( :stormingmad: )

[FONT=&quot]Charges against a Magnolia couple whose infant suffered up to 100 rat bites will be upgraded to a felony.

[...]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The couple is presently held at the Columbia County Justice and Detention Facility on charges of endangering the welfare of a minor-first degree. The upgraded charge is a Class B felony.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Elliott and Shryock are scheduled for their first court appearance on Wednesday, Phillips said.

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/new...cle_ab8cf434-3a71-11e7-9227-f34bbea98e51.html
[/FONT]

[FONT="]Charges against a Magnolia couple whose infant suffered up to 100 rat bites will be upgraded to a felony.

[...]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT="]The couple is presently held at the Columbia County Justice and Detention Facility on charges of endangering the welfare of a minor-first degree. The upgraded charge is a Class B felony.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Elliott and Shryock are scheduled for their first court appearance on Wednesday, Phillips said.

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/new...cle_ab8cf434-3a71-11e7-9227-f34bbea98e51.html
[/FONT]

Also from above:

"In Arkansas, a Class B felony is punishable by no less than five years and up to 20 years in prison, with a maximum fine of $15,000."

Also from above:

"In Arkansas, a Class B felony is punishable by no less than five years and up to 20 years in prison, with a maximum fine of $15,000."
I hope they get the maximum. There is NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. One rat bite and immediately getting care, ok. 100? Hell no!

I guess the parents would have to be present to have been bitten. Poor, poor baby.
And if money is an issue, rat traps work well!

I'm wondering if or how the parents weren't bitten...

After seeing mom's mugshot, it's obvious she is messed up on something imo, soo..now I'm wondering, the baby was 3 weeks old..was there any indication mom was a drug user before the delivery, any suspicion that would warrant a call to dhs? Should the baby have been sent home with them with follow-up care..the little thing only weighed 5 pds..(to be fair, I don't know what her birth weight was, and newborns can lose weight at first) but I'm guessing this neglect was not the first for this baby...still cannot believe it..drug addiction or not, give them the max!! Wanna do drugs, that's your choice, but for the love of mary, STOP having children..So enraged...I'll quit before I start saying what I really think!!

I was just coming to post about the mugshot. That woman looks like hell run over twice. She looks like a disaster. It appears she can barely keep her eyes open. I'm appalled.

After seeing mom's mugshot, it's obvious she is messed up on something imo, soo..now I'm wondering, the baby was 3 weeks old..was there any indication mom was a drug user before the delivery, any suspicion that would warrant a call to dhs? Should the baby have been sent home with them with follow-up care..the little thing only weighed 5 pds..(to be fair, I don't know what her birth weight was, and newborns can lose weight at first) but I'm guessing this neglect was not the first for this baby...still cannot believe it..drug addiction or not, give them the max!! Wanna do drugs, that's your choice, but for the love of mary, STOP having children..So enraged...I'll quit before I start saying what I really think!!
Right?? And she could have left the baby at a fire station a couple of days ago and THEN got high out of her mind. If she wants to ruin her life and body, go ahead. But this... No.

Oh, and I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure if a newborn tests positive for drugs they are not released to parents. Perhaps it's not the same in every state. Perhaps she held off for months, and started back after the birth? Either way, I hope she's never free again.

That is what I have seen reported in the articles as well. Little punkin weighs 5lbs, had been on the planet for a mere 15 days when this horrific thing happened to her.

Here's another thing..they weren't afraid of losing custody because of their deep love for this baby, but because that child probably allowed them to receive some kind of government asst.?!!! I know, I gotta stop thinking about this..I'll move over to politics, that always makes me laugh for some reason..it's just, I've read so many cases of horrible abuse, but the thought of a newborn, just laying, defenseless, nope...going over to the political vent..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back