AR - Newborn had nearly 100 severe rat bites, parents charged, 14 May 2017

I make small babies, none even hit 7 pounds at birth.
However, all had gained a pound by 15 days old. :twocents:

I weighed 5 lbs. at birth.My mother was very small and so am I.Just to say not everyone is average size or drug abusers.
Please let this baby recover and have a loving safe home.

This is horrendous! After hearing the young mother talk, it does raise a question if she is mentally disturbed. On the other hand, could she have been through so much that a doctor has her on a sedative once she got to jail?

I am not excusing these parents for one second! Why did one of the mothers of these "parents" not get in touch with Social Services before the baby was born to warn them and again after the baby arrived? Poor little angel, no one was looking out for her.

With reports that her brother was killed in a car accident 24 hours before this child was discovered, could the parents have gone to be with family and left the baby with this friend they were staying with? This could explain the bassinet being in the living room.

The friend may have been doing her own drugs and forgot about the baby. Who knows what kind of time frame we are talking about?

There are pieces of the story that don't make sense. Why would anyone wait four hours to call 911 for help with a bleeding newborn? Or, if they are too far out in the country, take the baby to the hospital themselves.

In the video, I saw a dog come out of the house. Why did the dog not bark with all the rats running around? Would it just get accustomed to them and ignore them?

From reading FB, and somewhere hearing that Erika was raised in the foster system, these two little girls need to be pulled out of this very dysfunctional family to be adopted by a devoted Christian loving family.

This is horrendous! After hearing the young mother talk, it does raise a question if she is mentally disturbed. On the other hand, could she have been through so much that a doctor has her on a sedative once she got to jail?

I am not excusing these parents for one second! Why did one of the mothers of these "parents" not get in touch with Social Services before the baby was born to warn them and again after the baby arrived? Poor little angel, no one was looking out for her.

With reports that her brother was killed in a car accident 24 hours before this child was discovered, could the parents have gone to be with family and left the baby with this friend they were staying with? This could explain the bassinet being in the living room.

The friend may have been doing her own drugs and forgot about the baby. Who knows what kind of time frame we are talking about?

There are pieces of the story that don't make sense. Why would anyone wait four hours to call 911 for help with a bleeding newborn? Or, if they are too far out in the country, take the baby to the hospital themselves.

In the video, I saw a dog come out of the house. Why did the dog not bark with all the rats running around? Would it just get accustomed to them and ignore them?

From reading FB, and somewhere hearing that Erika was raised in the foster system, these two little girls need to be pulled out of this very dysfunctional family to be adopted by a devoted Christian loving family.
I thought the same thing about the dog!!! My mom's dogs would chase and kill them all night long, if there were rats inside.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Can we take the Christian family out of that? Christian families don't have a better record.

I thought the same thing about the dog!!! My mom's dogs would chase and kill them all night long, if there were rats inside.

I also thought the same thing about the dog. Our dog would lose her mind if there was a rat in the house. For that matter, I would as well but I'd be doing it from a hotel room.

We had a mouse get into our house over this last winter. We have a fireplace and I think it got in while my husband was carrying loads of firewood in because he left the door to the kitchen from the garage open. Anyways, we have a dog AND a cat, and we had to go but mouse traps because neither of them did anything!! It would have been nice if the dog took care of those disgusting rats before they got the baby, but the humans in that house should have taken matters into their own hands to get rid of the problem. I can't even imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The news here (new orleans) showed an interview with a woman who wouldn't show her face. She said it was her house, the couple got there the day before and the moms brother died less than 24 hours before this incident.

1. If that lady owned the home, more charges need to come.
2. Wait, what?!?!
3. I need to find an article because I feel crazy that I heard this and it's not posted.
4. Oh. And the dad was looking legit upset and begging for help. But didn't look too with it.
5. Mom looked very young and small and like she very probably has an cognitive disability

After seeing that same video, they have 4 children (she's only 18!!!!). They certainly don't seem capeable of being parents but I am not so sure it was drugs. They seem poverty stricken and undereducated. Just my initial impressions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

After seeing that same video, they have 4 children (she's only 18!!!!). They certainly don't seem capeable of being parents but I am not so sure it was drugs. They seem poverty stricken and undereducated. Just my initial impressions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They aren't all her children. She has 2 children, the child that had all the rat bites and an older child that DHS took from her. He has two other children with a different mother (might be two different mothers - I exactly recall). However, one of his other children is another baby not much older than the child with the rat bites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not judging on this one... I don't think these parents are on drugs... there are other issues and I don't think this one is malicious or cruel... just think this is sad...

I just don't understand the why or the how. A mother is emotionally and physically connected to a 15 day old baby. I'll never understand how this is possible. Being "incapacitated or not present' is NO excuse. It is a cause. They, or IMO especially the mother is responsible for everything that happens to that baby, with the exception of natural causes or disease. Rodents are not logically responsible for this baby's torture, the mother is. Endangering the welfare of a minor. Slap on the wrist, until we call it as it is, until the law takes a stronger stand on child abuse and child neglect this will continue. What about her next child? We, as humans need to let our law makers know how we feel about child abuse. I know in my heart the nurses gave this baby kisses and hugs. Bless our caregivers.

Makes me so sad, and angry.

Poor innocent baby should not ever have had to suffer this much pain.

Just because the parents (I use that term loosely) parts work and can make a baby doesn't mean they are capable of being a parent.

So incredibly sad.

I am not judging on this one... I don't think these parents are on drugs... there are other issues and I don't think this one is malicious or cruel... just think this is sad...

Yes, seeing the young woman speak on that video, I really think that she is developmentally delayed.

I don't think the family has to be Christian in order to be loving and devoted.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yep..I do think drugs may be involved, but there is much more going on with mom, she seems to be a baby herself..my question is why didn't someone step up and help both the baby and mom before she went home? I hope when mom goes to jail (and dad! so he can't impregnate anyone else!) she gets the help she needs, and help to help her to understand that she should not have any more babies..and if she was..nevermind..it is beyond sad!!

What makes sense to me, to me, that they waited for hours to get this baby treatment is because they were thinking of themselves. They KNEW they were responsible and were afraid of charges.

I'll tell you what I'm thinking right now, and I may change my mind, but if a deal could be made that these two would terminate their parental rights to this baby and any future babies for a less degree charge I would support that.

IMO the prosecutors will not make that deal simply because the nature of this crime, in and of itself will cause their parental rights to current and future children to be terminated. No offer will be needed. This crime hurts me deeply. Poor sweet wee one. The angels cried.......

Please watch the video at quoted link, then give me your opinion of parents. Do you still think we are looking at drug users?

The "landlord" has pick marks on her right shoulder, and I'm pretty sure I recognize the rapid fire speech pattern. MOO.

I'm curious why the other occupant who "rents the home" and had "the couple come stay with her" isn't facing any charges. If she was home that night anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back