AR - Newborn had nearly 100 severe rat bites, parents charged, 14 May 2017

From the weight of the baby that the doctors at AR Children's hospital are reporting to the news here in Little Rock, this doesn't sound like one night of neglect. It's sounding a whole lot more like she's been neglected from the day she came home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I'm sure this baby was neglected by these two idiots from the day they brought her home from the hospital 😠.
I saw they got other kids in state custody too. Why would CPS believe this baby was safe in their care?! Cases like this I wonder about forced sterilization..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure this baby was neglected by these two idiots from the day they brought her home from the hospital .
I saw they got other kids in state custody too. Why would CPS believe this baby was safe in their care?! Cases like this I wonder about forced sterilization..

My cousin lost her parental rights to 2 of her children but was still allowed to take her newborn home without much intervention. She told no one in the family that she had given birth until months later and even now keeps her son pretty much hidden away from us.

CPS doesn't have a watch list so if the accused had the baby in a different county then the social workers probably never knew her older children were in state custody.

This was on the local TV here (Springfield Mo) and I would say that for rats to do this, it couldn't have just happened. Rats have to lured or interested greatly in something to go to it right? I am thinking that the baby was lying in filth, dirty diaper, and the rats could smell that and descended (spelling?) on the baby. For many hours is what I am thinking, MOO, and that baby had to indure the pain while they were either away, passed out or shooting up.

Oh I'm sure this baby was neglected by these two idiots from the day they brought her home from the hospital ��.

I am just gonna throw this out there,

Not sure of how this could be set up, but there really need to be proper parenting, child-rearing, and environmental classes for parents who are at risk. Along with a close monitor on at risk parents, so that if things get bad, the baby has the right to get out of a dangerous situation. The parents can get treatment for substance abuse, and they must take parenting classes and come clean. And stay clean! The environment must be clean and inspected. For a probationary period. And the child cannot come back to the parents until they are competent enough and responsible enough to raise children.

If you have drug addicts out there, which is likely that these two clowns were, geez, take up a donation to have the female's tubes tied so that she can't have kids. Period. It would really help these poor children who are raised in sickening conditions such as this. Too many parents are not skilled, responsible, or intelligent enough to have children.

Satch

I still can't get past the landlord of the rat infested property and her statements regarding the case.

I don't think I would be giving interviews in her shoes but hey, that is just me I s'pose.

A family friend,, who rented the home to the couple said, "yes these are young kids and I don't condone what happen to that baby in any form and fashion I saw it I had to deal with it that morning but that little girl and just lost her brother not 24 hours before that."

In court Wednesday, Shryock and Elliott each got a $15,000 bond and it was ordered that they cannot have contact with anyone under the age of 12.

The baby was taken into DHS custody.

Prosecuting attorney said, "we are not saying they intentionally had rodents gnaw on their child's body but they allowed it to happen. This is one of the worst cases of child abuse in my 30-year career."

It was also revealed in court that between the two parents, they have a total of four children, all of whom have been taken into DHS custody.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/tee...aby-bitten-by-rats-nearly-100-times/715783818

Please watch the video at quoted link, then give me your opinion of parents. Do you still think we are looking at drug users?

The "landlord" has pick marks on her right shoulder, and I'm pretty sure I recognize the rapid fire speech pattern. MOO.

Believe it or not, this has happened before...this 6 month-old was bitten over 200 times by a "domesticated" rat. Shockingly, the parents tested positive for meth use...SMDH. The little one has permanent nerve damage, and also had infected rat bites :(

October 2006:

Police said Horsfall found a rat near a creek and put it in a cage in the couple’s apartment, but the cage wouldn’t close tightly. It escaped and bit the baby sleeping with McCleary on a mattress on the floor, police said.

Horsfall and McCleary later tested positive for methamphetamine use. The baby has recovered but may have permanent nerve damage to his fingers, said David Hoppe, deputy district attorney for Jackson County.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...biting-infant/

I can't read much because I'm not a subscriber but this article from Time has info on rats biting humans.

"Rats bite men because they like human blood. Johns Hopkins' Curt P. Richter, Ph.D., in the Journal of the American Medical Association, says he can prove it.

Dr. Richter's interest was aroused when he noticed how many people came in to Johns Hopkins Hospital to be treated for rat bites. There were 87 in four years, most of them from the two-square-mile area surrounding the hospital, and Dr. Richter heard of 28 others who were bitten but did not come for treatment. Most of those bitten were babies under a year old. "One child was bitten on eleven different nights.""

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,775942,00.html

I fell asleep thinking about this little one, about how she will likely have physical scars on her face, etc...I hope she doesn't know how she got them, that rats were feeding on her because her family neglected her; the thought of knowing those 2 things...it reminds me of Howie Mandell and the horror of when sand fleas had burrowed themselves under his skin and laid eggs (NOT due to neglect, he was at the beach and his loving mom nursed him back to health but Howie has repulsive/disturbing thoughts about it and OCD now, etc...) I hope they tell her she had a car accident or something, moo.

Believe it or not, this has happened before...this 6 month-old was bitten over 200 times by a "domesticated" rat. Shockingly, the parents tested positive for meth use...SMDH. The little one has permanent nerve damage, and also had infected rat bites :(

October 2006:

Police said Horsfall found a rat near a creek and put it in a cage in the couple’s apartment, but the cage wouldn’t close tightly. It escaped and bit the baby sleeping with McCleary on a mattress on the floor, police said.

Horsfall and McCleary later tested positive for methamphetamine use. The baby has recovered but may have permanent nerve damage to his fingers, said David Hoppe, deputy district attorney for Jackson County.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...biting-infant/

The link above is dead for me,

However, this is a horrifying situation!

Satch

I am just gonna throw this out there,

Not sure of how this could be set up, but there really need to be proper parenting, child-rearing, and environmental classes for parents who are at risk. Along with a close monitor on at risk parents, so that if things get bad, the baby has the right to get out of a dangerous situation. The parents can get treatment for substance abuse, and they must take parenting classes and come clean. And stay clean! The environment must be clean and inspected. For a probationary period. And the child cannot come back to the parents until they are competent enough and responsible enough to raise children.

If you have drug addicts out there, which is likely that these two clowns were, geez, take up a donation to have the female's tubes tied so that she can't have kids. Period. It would really help these poor children who are raised in sickening conditions such as this. Too many parents are not skilled, responsible, or intelligent enough to have children.

Satch

Also,

What's the story about this quote, "The little girl lost her brother 24 hours before that...." Are they speaking of the accused parents? The little girl being a teen? Do we know how the brother died?

Satch

PS. Answered above. The information is that the brother was killed in a car accident.

the mother is 19?! she looks and behaves like she's 12 IMO

the baby isn't dead.

Sickening!

One the worst cases of child neglect I have seen in a long time? Who would leave a newborn in a house like that? Has the building been condemned and sanitized? Where is the baby now? These parents should face Voluntary Manslaughter Charges. If they were charged and convicted of Voluntary Manslaughter, would would their sentence range be in Arkansas?

Satch

they both look developmentally disabled

Please watch the video at quoted link, then give me your opinion of parents. Do you still think we are looking at drug users?

The "landlord" has pick marks on her right shoulder, and I'm pretty sure I recognize the rapid fire speech pattern. MOO.

Disgusting to be sure, just one more reason there should be a license to reproduce.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...aby-bitten-by-rats-nearly-100-times/715728677

From the above link:

It was also revealed in court that between the two parents, they have a total of three children, all of whom have been taken into DHS custody. Each parent has one child from a previous relationship, and the newborn baby is theirs together.

I do not know what is more disturbing, the poor baby being bitten by a rat, or two teens having children with other individuals.

There is just so much that is wrong here.

That poor baby.

the mother is 19?! she looks and behaves like she's 12 IMO

She honestly looks younger than my 13 year old. I think it may be because she (the mother) doesn't wear makeup.

I think that young women is developmentally delayed.

I think that young women is developmentally delayed.
That was my impression, too. I worked in that field for years. But if she is, she would be followed by services, especially with past children being removed

And tlcya (or anyone). Did yall get that the lady wasn't the landlord? But actually lived there and these 2 were visiting her? That's what I thought I saw on my news video.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Yes. That video I posted says Franki Williams rents the home and the couple came to stay with her just a few days ago. I think that woman needs charges, too. You don't live in a rat house and let 2 (clearly) disabled teens bring a newborn baby there.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back