Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I am very aware that the boyfriend was blown off by police but still is that any kind of viable excuse to still be wondering who this John is????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Unless they know who he is. They would have traced her contacts and done their own searches.

Maybe he was an Attorney or a cop. They were never going to tell the BF if so....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless they know who he is. They would have traced her contacts and done their own searches.

Maybe he was an Attorney or a cop. They were never going to tell the BF if so....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly

I think the constant phone calls from the NYC/Long Island area rule out that the killer is someone in the area seasonally, like a fisherman.

I just want to say that although all of the girls' deaths are tragic, Melissa's case hit me hardest, and I do feel that it will be something that links to her, that breaks the case open.

Sitting here talking to my significant other, and he jokingly used the phrase "half breed." FWIW, he was born in 1960. He said this was commonly used when he was in high school in the 1970s here in NY, just outside the city. But that it was also used to refer to a half white/ half Hispanic as well as half black/ half white.

The half breed term always struck me as unusual. I checked google books, and leading results were on Native American heritage/issues FWIW.

I just want to say that although all of the girls' deaths are tragic, Melissa's case hit me hardest, and I do feel that it will be something that links to her, that breaks the case open.

I agree. He seems to have a different sort of bond, for lack of a better word, with her. My guess is that he picked small girls that he could physically intimidate because he liked their fear. Melissa by her mother and step-father's accounts, was not someone who was going to be cowed. I think she wouldn't cry or beg, and that pissed him off, hence the phone calls to her sister. It was a way of eliciting that fear from her that she wouldn't give him. I think he was ambivalent to the other girls after their death, but Melissa continued to upset him.

IMO, I believe he used the "N" word. I think LE threw the "half-breed" terminology out to the media in an attempt to throw the SK off his game, in hopes to lure him out somehow.

It backfired though, obviously and now that term has just stuck over the years. It makes LE appear untrustworthy if they try to correct it at after the fact, so that may also be why they are withholding the tapes, if there are any tapes at all.

I don't buy the false confession excuse. There are plenty of other ways to weed out false confessions. For example; if the voice on the tape doesn't match the person confessing to the crime, then most likely they aren't the killer. (Duh!)

MB was the first of the GB4 victims and IMO he simply enjoyed the idea of taunting the family, so he called. He probably assumed LE wasn't going to use time & resources in Buffalo, given her profession and the fact that her residence / last know whereabouts was in the Bronx, almost 8 hours away. And...certainly not to the extent of recording calls, then being on standby and trying to trace them as they came in, when there was no guarantee that he would even call again.

I believe that he ultimately got wind that he was 'potentially' being recorded, so he wasn't going to make that mistake again. That's why he didn't call any of the other girls families. He is sadistic, not stupid.

SK's aren't capable of empathizing with the victims, so I don't think there was any special bond of any sorts. I do agree, MB sounded as though she could get pretty feisty. I would hope that they all did fight back or make him angry. If he did become enraged at her (or any of the girls) he most likely took it out on her at that moment, rather than hold it in and release it on the sister through a later phone call.

AB said he was calm when he called. I don't believe he called her for any reason other than to taunt the family to maintain prolonged control. He may have had the intention of calling the other families too, but later decided not to risk it.

One last thing, AB visited MB several times at her home in the Bronx. I believe he was stalking her in both the Bronx and in Buffalo, so I'm sure it was just a matter of putting 2 & 2 together that "Amanda = Little Sister."

(My stalking theory is under "Geographical Profiling.")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Shadow. Thought everyone could see the video.

Typed up the mothers quote:

She said, "Yes the coroners office called my phone and they told me that they found another part of my daughters remains and they identified it through DNA. And they wouldn't acknowledge as to where it was found or anything of that matter.
Ok, too bad the video isn't available anymore, but according to the transcription, MB body wasn't found in one piece. It certainly might be due to scavenging, but it may also be that Melissa was dismembered, like Manorville's cases.

Ok, too bad the video isn't available anymore, but according to the transcription, MB body wasn't found in one piece. It certainly might be due to scavenging, but it may also be that Melissa was dismembered, like Manorville's cases.

Is there an exact date associated with that quote? And did she just it just happened at the time of the video?

I agree that Melissa"s case could lead to the killer. I found something interesting on REDDIT. Unsolved Mysteries Long Island serial killer. July 12th, 2016. A poster ( insider) mentioned Melissa believed she was being followed in the weeks before she disappeared. I wish the poster gave more information. Did Melissa describe a car or the individual that was following her? Did she say where she was when she was being followed?

The use of "halfbreed" is a strong indicator of LISK's age, presumably late 40s, early to mid 50's. The term was widely used in the sixties and seventies; Cher released a single entitled Halfbreed in the early seventies. I'm 50 and recall hearing the term when I was young. It was meant to demean then and it's no different now; saying it was just another power play for LISK.I think a younger individual, one in their twenties or thirties, is more likely to say biracial.

The ME informed Lynn that more of Melissa"s remains were found. Isnt this the kind of call a member of LE would make? Something is off here. Correct me if Im wrong. Didnt a Detective from the Bronx tell Lynn where she could get an afforable cremation? When and why was a NYC Detective in touch with Lynn on this matter?

Thurs July 16, 2009: first call
Sun July 19, 2009:
Thurs July 23, 2009
Wed Aug 26, 2009: last call ( 01:00 am, lasted ca 40 seconds ) traced to the Times Square area.

They traced a second phone, that belonged to her ( Melissa), to an ex-con who said he picked it up after a tussle between hookers in Times Square orchestrated by a pimp.

Wednesday night at 1 am! That's late for some. So the idea that someone who works a 9 to 5 in manhattan and was making the calls might be wrong. I was under theimpression that the calls were around 7 to 9. Why was he in the city Wednesday Aug 29 at 1am, most likely drunk and what made him make that final call that night?

There was a Jets vs Giants game that night. Could he have been coming back from the game? Took the train from NJ back to Penn. What time did the game end? Went for a drink afterwards?

Wednesday night at 1 am! That's late for some. So the idea that someone who works a 9 to 5 in manhattan and was making the calls might be wrong. I was under theimpression that the calls were around 7 to 9. Why was he in the city Wednesday Aug 29 at 1am, most likely drunk and what made him make that final call that night?
I believe he had a thing for melissa because she did not show fear. Just what comes to me. I see him keeping his victims on a dog cage before killing them.

There was a Jets vs Giants game that night. Could he have been coming back from the game? Took the train from NJ back to Penn. What time did the game end? Went for a drink afterwards?
Nice Work!

The killer caller contacted Amanda between 5:30 and 6:30 in the evenings. Curious to know when he called Sara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname