IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have flip flopped theories numerous times and probably will continue until LE arrests BG.

ETA---deleted lower part of my post as I had things wrong.
Hatfield- I think what you recalled was partly correct, so am sorry you deleted your whole thought. On the first day, iirc, RL came home then got a knock on his door at 6:30pm which was a neighbor (anyone know who?) asking permission to search his land. It was on the 2nd day when RL went out again and returned to learn that the girls had been found. I always found it surprising he apparently did not want to help search? Or had other obligations more important that kept him away. Hmmmm. Curious, but perhaps as simple as an appointment. Was the trip to buy tropical fish on day 1 or day 2 ??????

Speaking of RL's return at 6:30. I've seen it two ways. One, the searchers knock on his door at 6:30 to ask permission to search. The other, which I swear I saw on a video, RL says the searchers were waiting for him when when he arrived home at 6:30.

Any one remember more? tia!!

<bbm>

To clarify, RL said he was in Lafayette the afternoon of the 13th. Then approx. 6:30 on the 13th, he was approached and asked if they (?) could search his property. The morning of the 14th when the girls were found, he had been "into town, in Delphi" and by the time he had returned, the girls' bodies had been found:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Logan said he was in Lafayette Monday afternoon when the girls were last seen near the Monon High Bridge Trail.

He said he first gave permission for his property to be searched Monday night. He said he drove into town Tuesday and, when he came back, he learned the girls&#8217; bodies were discovered about 50 feet from Deer Creek.

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to

go back on my property and said two girls were missing, and that`s the first I heard about it. It`s been a -- it`s been a -- OK.

CASAREZ: No, go ahead. What has the last week been like?

LOGAN: Well, it`s -- it`s been very -- really difficult to understand what all has been going on here. The pain and agony caused by the families and

the -- to the families and the community is just beyond belief. But to have all this pain and agony happen in my -- basically, my back yard, is

just -- I mean, it`s just -- it`s beginning to come home now because it`s really been difficult to understand that two little girls lost their life

in my back yard (INAUDIBLE) It`s just beyond belief.

CASAREZ: So how did you find out that their bodies were on your property?

LOGAN: It was shortly after they were found. I had been in town, in Delphi, and was coming home, and ...

I also found it odd that he didn't go help search...

BUT

We've all heard about crimes where people screamed and no one went out to help them. I can't remember what case it was but the one where its fishy if she was kidnapped or not but she was left on the side of the road and after her story came out someone apologized for not stopping.

He may have just not thought anything sinister, just lost, and that there was enough people searching? idk

i think you are confusing obstruction of justice and false informing with not cooperating. LE can not charge you for not cooperating. everyone has the right to be silent, and that is what RL is doing on the advise of his attorney. last we knew RL was no longer cooperating with the investigation. his attorney likely told him to shut his trap when he found out that his client had mislead LE by telling them "A, B & C" when in fact "D, E, F" was truth.
No I'm not confusing anything I don't think. What his lawyer told him is his right and is nothing to do with anything he said or didnt say and the police will have told him that too as well.

I too found it odd and surprising that it seemed RL didn't take any interest in the search going on around him.

I don't find it surprising that RL didn't participate in the search at 6:30 p.m. He is 77 years old, probably has his aches and pains that accompany age, so settles into his routine at home with feet up and dogs on couch. That's what I do and I am only 60. Imagine even more so at 77. MOO.

Hatfield- I think what you recalled was partly correct, so am sorry you deleted your whole thought. On the first day, iirc, RL came home then got a knock on his door at 6:30pm which was a neighbor (anyone know who?) asking permission to search his land. It was on the 2nd day when RL went out again and returned to learn that the girls had been found. I always found it surprising he apparently did not want to help search? Or had other obligations more important that kept him away. Hmmmm. Curious, but perhaps as simple as an appointment. Was the trip to buy tropical fish on day 1 or day 2 ??????
I think the Lafayette trip for fish was his alibi day 1 and Delphi day 2.

I don't know the area personally but from previously looking at the map and reading the threads I would guess at least 8 ways to leave the crime scene.
1. Via the cemetery.
2. Northeast across RL's land.
3. Northwest across Mears land
4. Along the creek by boat.
5. Along path east of creek to north end of bridge.
6. Across to the west bank of creek and to south end of bridge across to the north end.
7. As 6 but then leaving by N625W.
8. As 6 then south along old rail track.

There could be more routes that a local would be aware of but I think this shows the many ways that the perp could have left. For the footprints and CS to have been found so quickly is therefore surprising to me.

Consider this: the suspect had been hiding out in the area for at least a couple of days before the crime occurred. He is comfortable living in outbuildings, hiding from the crowds, and looking for an opportunity.

That's about all I have tonight. Like all of you, hoping a break will be forthcoming.

it was RL who said he went to lafayette. the fish trip was on the first day. on the second day he said he went into town (delphi) and when he returned he learned that they had found the girls deceased. however, i take anything he says with a grain of salt as he is not always truthful. if he tried to mislead LE i don't know why he wouldn't try to mislead the public and press as well.

<bbm>

To clarify, RL said he was in Lafayette the afternoon of the 13th. Then approx. 6:30 on the 13th, he was approached and asked if they (?) could search his property. The morning of the 14th when the girls were found, he had been "into town, in Delphi" and by the time he had returned, the girls' bodies had been found:

Logan said he was in Lafayette Monday afternoon when the girls were last seen near the Monon High Bridge Trail.

He said he first gave permission for his property to be searched Monday night. He said he drove into town Tuesday and, when he came back, he learned the girls’ bodies were discovered about 50 feet from Deer Creek.

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to

go back on my property and said two girls were missing, and that`s the first I heard about it. It`s been a -- it`s been a -- OK.

CASAREZ: No, go ahead. What has the last week been like?

LOGAN: Well, it`s -- it`s been very -- really difficult to understand what all has been going on here. The pain and agony caused by the families and

the -- to the families and the community is just beyond belief. But to have all this pain and agony happen in my -- basically, my back yard, is

just -- I mean, it`s just -- it`s beginning to come home now because it`s really been difficult to understand that two little girls lost their life

in my back yard (INAUDIBLE) It`s just beyond belief.

CASAREZ: So how did you find out that their bodies were on your property?

LOGAN: It was shortly after they were found. I had been in town, in Delphi, and was coming home, and ...

Thank you Area52 for your quick reply! I found another reference I'll add to your post.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

In video at :50 (with his pretty horse) he tell his alibi, buying fish and returning home at 6:30.

Also from article:

"He told Inside Edition that he has an alibi, saying he was buying tropical fish at the time of the murders.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said."

I don't find it surprising that RL didn't participate in the search at 6:30 p.m. He is 77 years old, probably has his aches and pains that accompany age, so settles into his routine at home with feet up and dogs on couch. That's what I do and I am only 60. Imagine even more so at 77. MOO.
Where I live you cannot be a first responder if you're over 70. An insurance thing probably.

he had zero problem navigating his property with the press day after day following the murders. he seems to be in very good physical shape for his age. according to him he walked the woods "day" and "night" prior to the murders.

If I was close to 80 years old (or even at my current age and health) and someone asked me if they could search my property for a couple of missing teenagers in what's always been a pretty safe area, I'd also say yes without offering to help. RL may be able to get around okay on his property most of the time, but there's a good possibility that he would have ended up having problems if he'd gone wandering around in rough terrain through the woods at night. When he left in the morning, I'm guessing that he assumed they'd been found and didn't give it a second thought. MOO

he had zero problem navigating his property with the press day after day following the murders. he seems to be in very good physical shape for his age. according to him he walked the woods "day" and night" prior to the murders.

I know RL is a legitimate suspect. Yet, at the same time, there is something not adding up. For starters, he may be a habitual DWI offender and liar, but he has no priors I am aware to that would lead him to commit a crime like this one we are discussing.

I am not defending him at all. I do want to be sure we are on the right track. It is important, to me, in identifying a motive and potential suspect, to understand more about the crime scene and the condition of the girls when they were found.

This is in no way to sound critical of what factors and evidence regarding the crime that have or have not been released.

Ive been wrong before, more than once actually, but i just cant see some old fellow subduing two quick young gals. Even if he had a gun, i think they would have taken their chances against him. Doesnt add up. I dont believe its the old man at all.

If I was close to 80 years old (or even at my current age and health) and someone asked me if they could search my property for a couple of missing teenagers in what's always been a pretty safe area, I'd also say yes without offering to help. RL may be able to get around okay on his property most of the time, but there's a good possibility that he would have ended up having problems if he'd gone wandering around in rough terrain through the woods at night. When he left in the morning, I'm guessing that he assumed they'd been found and didn't give it a second thought. MOO

I agree with ya until the next day Tuesday. There was a helicopter flying near his property and multiple agencies searching. Seems he'd have seen/heard the activity as he got ready to leave. TY

BTW for all those feeling vigilantly protective of RL I want to make clear that my surmisings (is that a word? lol) do NOT derive from my accusing or even suspecting him as being BG but merely my hope to better understand the goings-on those two days as I ponder the possibilities.

No I'm not confusing anything I don't think. What his lawyer told him is his right and is nothing to do with anything he said or didnt say and the police will have told him that too as well.
when you stop answering LE questions you are no longer cooperating...and that is your right as an american citizen

I agree with ya until the next day Tuesday. There was a helicopter flying near his property and multiple agencies searching. Seems he'd have seen/heard the activity as he got ready to leave. TY

Are we sure the copters were flying nearby before he left for town?

he walked the woods "day and night" prior to the murders. i think he could have made it through the terrain just fine. he had no problem walking the property and its rough terrain when he was with reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unsilent_bob