Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying a drug with someone maybe? This would explain the friends' conflicting stories and her thinking she would be right back. Something went wrong - panic - and she was dumped somewhere. =(

I had that thought too.

I got the impression they really wanted the general public to understand protocol, procedure and the criteria needed for what all goes into an investigation like this - including - whether or not to issue an Amber Alert. If you read some of the comments on their FB page, there are some genuinely ignorant people (and I don't mean that in the pejorative way, just truly unlearned) and from that ignorance saying some pretty harsh things.

I get that. And I have no issues with them addressing the community with these protocol explanations. However, IMO this was not a presser about the victim, finding justice for the victim, asking the community for information to help the victim's case. This was a presser about all about LE. What they did, how they did everything right. What the family did that caused them to do certain things. (How many times did they mention this? 3 times?) They are far too casual about the victim, IMO. It was a weird presser.

All JMO, of course.

I get that. And I have no issues with them addressing the community with these protocol explanations. However, IMO this was not a presser about the victim, finding justice for the victim, asking the community for information to help the victim's case. This was a presser about all about LE. What they did, how they did everything right. What the family did that caused them to do certain things. (How many times did they mention this? 3 times?) They are far too casual about the victim, IMO. It was a weird presser.

All JMO, of course.
I agree. It seemed like they were just defending themselves.

It's entirely possible this poor girl never arrived at that landfill in a dumpster. While the officer speaking at the presser did say she was found in the area that is used by the trash service providers (not the public access area) the thought occurred to me that whoever put that girl there almost certainly wasn't someone who would stop and ask themselves if it would be okay to dump a body in an area the general public isn't supposed to be in.

I dont know about this. It seems like the security and workers on that side would make it too big of a risk to try to walk across unnoticed. There must be precautions, or else there would be liability issues if someone wandered over and was hit by one of the trucks or something. It seems like it would be much easier and safer to find a dumpster in another area to throw off LE. jmo

Looking at Terrant County's Daily Booked In Reports for yesterday -most recent one available-, there is a man who was arrested on the charge of "PV SEXUAL PERFORM CHILD" (PV = previous?).

Found him on Texas Department of Safety's Sex Offender Registry. He is currently 29 and was convicted of "SEXUAL PERFORMANCE OF A CHILD PRODUCE/DIRECT/PROMOTE" on 01/22/2015, so he would have been 27. Age of victim: 14; sex of victim: female

It is a 30-minute drive from the apartment complex where Kaytlynn lives to his current address as listed on the RSO registry, so not terribly close.

According to vinelink, he is still in custody as of today.

Great find. Either he's connected or they just busted people on violations as they talked to each nearby RSO.

According to Terrant County Inmate Search page and vinelink, this particular individual has been released from custody ("Reason: General release). It does seem to me quite a few RSOs have been booked and released from Terrant County Jail since Kaytlyn was first reported missing:

For reference:
Terrant Co. Detention Bureau Daily Booked In Reports for the Last 14 Days:
http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/sheriff/detention-bureau/daily-booked-in-reports.html

Inmate Search Form:
https://ijis.tarrantcounty.com/inmatesearch/

Looking at the satellite imagery - it appears there may be cameras when you enter the area. The 2017 image shows that they are filling southern area. There are some roads that will take you there without passing the cameras, but there's a fence to deal with. I don't see anyone getting a body over that fence easily. There is likely razor wire as well. I'm sure whoever put her in the trash did so after dark. Not sure if they would have transported her in a vehicle since she wasn't wrapped in anything. Meaning she was likely put in at her complex or one very close by. So if dumpsters are emptied Mon - she would have been there til Thurs which just doesn't work with this timeline. This makes me sick.

Good point. That landfill looks pretty open. Ours here are not available all times of the day and night. You have to pass through a security station to get in and out.

That particular one is open to the general public from 7am to 4:30pm M-S, and closed on Sunday. http://site.republicservices.com/site/north-central-texas/en/pages/home.aspx

Street view of the entrance

republic.jpg

With what look to be security cams on that first building. https://www.google.ca/maps/@32.8075...4!1sxlkpT9T2IEhyI3TYzStjpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Not the time for new friendships born out of tragedy..but hi neighbor. I'm in Euless.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

((Waves)) Hi neighbor :) I have an 11 year (and a 31 year old) the last few moths of school here in Irving (off 183 area we have had some alerts thru the School for Attempted kidnappings 3 I believe (I left work so she wouldn't walk the 11 yo)
Anyhow things are scary around here!

Is this a camera right here, attached to the gate?
attachment.php

it just looks like the gatepost is higher on the gates than the fence blown up

I agree. It seemed like they were just defending themselves.

They almost have to. The public seems to be out on a witch hunt. I had a friend who posted to contact the Bedford PD and complain about the lack of Amber Alert in this case. I wonder how many others are doing the same thing. Majority are not understanding why things happened the way they happened.

the statements all have seemed so cold even in the beginning , their bedside manner could be improved then maybe they wouldn't have to explain ....and for gosh sake quit sounding defensive ....that cant be helping the Family or the public , MY kid will be totally inside for a bit

I don't think Chief Gibson sounded defensive. He was explaining the reasons why the department acted the way it did. To me, there's a difference between being defensive and explaining why one acts the way they do. And if he was being defensive, I don't blame him at all. From the comments I've seen on FB, people are more angry toward the police than they are toward whoever or whatever is responsible for this poor girl's death. Heck, I've even seen comments that the police did nothing because she wasn't from an affluent community. People want blood but they need to want it from the person that did this, not from the police department.

I don't think Chief Gibson sounded defensive. He was explaining the reasons why the department acted the way it did. To me, there's a difference between being defensive and explaining why one acts the way they do. And if he was being defensive, I don't blame him at all. From the comments I've seen on FB, people are more angry toward the police than they are toward whoever or whatever is responsible for this poor girl's death. Heck, I've even seen comments that the police did nothing because she wasn't from an affluent community. People want blood but they need to want it from the person that did this, not from the police department.
You said what I've been thinking. I agree 100%.

Is this a camera right here, attached to the gate?
attachment.php

To me it looks like a latch. Like when the gate would shut they could lock that down onto a bar or something to help it stay shut. It seems like a bad place for a camera, if that's what it is, since the gate must move quite often. It would be hard to find an angle that would work for an open and shut gate.

It's very troubling that LE waited almost 24 hours to alert the general public that she was missing.

Considering she's a minor who can't drive herself away and she wasn't with her friend, I feel LE should've released something Monday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members