Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder who called LE from NC to let them know where to find her. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the likelihood of charges being filed against anyone in this case are slim to none, unless authorities have reason to believe that Allison was taken from the area against her will, and know by who, or unless they have reason to believe that the whole thing was staged and the people filing the missing person report knew of her whereabouts. While either could be possible, there has been absolutely nothing reported publicly to even suggest that either of these things happened. JMO

I wonder that as well, and wonder how long that person had known she was in Va Beach.

I wonder as well, but I am glad they risked breaking any trust or confidentiality agreement they may have made with her, if that is what happened. That can be a hard position for anyone to be put in, but especially for a young adult (not that it is known who made that call).

Since she wasn't known to have a phone and the tip came from NC I admit to being curious how her location was communicated to the tipster or if there was something about the location of the garage that led to a hunch as opposed to any direct contact with AC.

So thankful she is alive and being treated in the hospital! This case reminds me of other cases I've read about where a person ended up having a dissociative fugue episode. No idea if that's what has happened here but whatever the case I'm happy for her friends and family, and for Allison of course.

I figured someone saw her car and made the connection since it was all over the news.

I am curious how she was surviving without money to buy food. Maybe someone was helping her out and decided the search had become too serious and it was time to alert authorities where she was.

Well, we have one article above that says it was a call from someone in NC (or from NC?) and another that says VBPD received a call that someone saw her in the 9th Street garage. Since I've only found one news source here (ABC station, WVEC) that covered this, I wonder if this was someone up here on vacation or visiting from the Raleigh-Durham area and saw her in the garage. Were it not for WS here I would not know about the case and I live in this area.

Do we know what kind of parking garage? Was it attached to a shopping center/mall? Or was it a just a regular paid parking structure? She could have been parked there for a few days. Maybe that's where she was staying while she was gone. Maybe sleeping in her car there. Poor thing :(

We don't know if she had money. She left RDU at 3:08 and wasn't seen getting gas until over an hour later, so she may have stopped at home (or somewhere) and retrieved a stash of $$.

She could have had snacks and a case of water in her car. I have a mini grocery store in our car lol

Do we know what kind of parking garage? Was it attached to a shopping center/mall? Or was it a just a regular paid parking structure? She could have been parked there for a few days. Maybe that's where she was staying while she was gone. Maybe sleeping in her car there. Poor thing :(

This reporter tweeted photos of the parking garage:

[video=twitter;881962783352528896]https://twitter.com/timabc11/status/881962783352528896[/video]

This reporter tweeted photos of the parking garage:

[video=twitter;881962783352528896]https://twitter.com/timabc11/status/881962783352528896[/video]

Thanks! Gosh, public parking garages like that give me the creeps, especially at night.

Pulling up the parking deck on Google Earth, it takes up an entire city block, and is directly across the street from at least a couple of oceanfront hotels. I really have a gut feeling that she went there, either with someone, or more likely, to meet someone. While I don't know Allison or any of her friends at all, Va Beach is not an especially popular spot for people around the Raleigh/Durham area to vacation, and especially people of her age. The Myrtle Beach, SC area is actually closer, and is far more popular, (and most likely would be easier to disappear in) as are several beaches along the NC coast, as well as the Outer Banks.

I am curious how she was surviving without money to buy food. Maybe someone was helping her out and decided the search had become too serious and it was time to alert authorities where she was.

Maybe she had a cash stash at home & went by there on her way o/o/town.

Pulling up the parking deck on Google Earth, it takes up an entire city block, and is directly across the street from at least a couple of oceanfront hotels. I really have a gut feeling that she went there, either with someone, or more likely, to meet someone. While I don't know Allison or any of her friends at all, Va Beach is not an especially popular spot for people around the Raleigh/Durham area to vacation, and especially people of her age. The Myrtle Beach, SC area is actually closer, and is far more popular, (and most likely would be easier to disappear in) as are several beaches along the NC coast, as well as the Outer Banks.

You can get to Wrightsville Beach or Carolina Beach, each near Wilmington, NC, on I-40 in about 2 hours.

You can get to Wrightsville Beach or Carolina Beach, each near Wilmington, NC, on I-40 in about 2 hours.

Yep, and Wrightsville is very popular with young adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes