GUILTY AZ - Madeline 'Maddie' Jones, 19 & William Jones-Gouchenour, 9 mos, found safe, Mesa, 15 Jun 2017

I just noticed something interesting when I was going back over some of the details of this case. The official description Madeline's parents put out say that she is blonde and all the pictures of her she has blonde hair. BUT... when I rewatched the video of her parents interview with the news, I noticed something new. I stopped the video at 0:51 to look closer at the picture Madeline's younger sister drew and she lists Madeline as having brown hair. It looks like Madeline might have died her hair brown before she took off to change her appearance, and her little sister saw her. I think the rest of the family definitely have more information. Why would the parents list her as blonde if they knew she had dyed her hair brown? Here's the link to the news story and a photo of the drawing.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/35688909/mesa-pd-mom-and-8-month-old-baby-missing?autostart=true

attachment.php

Attachments

• Missing Poster Girls.jpg
    Missing Poster Girls.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 571
I just noticed something interesting when I was going back over some of the details of this case. The official description Madeline's parents put out say that she is blonde and all the pictures of her she has blonde hair. BUT... when I rewatched the video of her parents interview with the news, I noticed something new. I stopped the video at 0:51 to look closer at the picture Madeline's younger sister drew and she lists Madeline as having brown hair. It looks like Madeline might have died her hair brown before she took off to change her appearance, and her little sister saw her. I think the rest of the family definitely have more information. Why would the parents list her as blonde if they knew she had dyed her hair brown? Here's the link to the news story and a photo of the drawing.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/35688909/mesa-pd-mom-and-8-month-old-baby-missing?autostart=true

attachment.php

Well, thats interesting. Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks as though the parents of Madeline are going through a deposition on Tuesday, August 2. Each parent will be questioned for 4 hours each, from what I read. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Does anyone know what the consequences are if they don't tell the truth/ give information?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It looks as though the parents of Madeline are going through a deposition on Tuesday, August 2. Each parent will be questioned for 4 hours each, from what I read. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Does anyone know what the consequences are if they don't tell the truth/ give information?

IMO....they don't know anything. US Presidents use plausible deniability all the time.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hopefully, if her parents are caught lying, they will be tossed in jail. By now, all of their phone and bank records will have been gone over.

Hopefully, if her parents are caught lying, they will be tossed in jail. By now, all of their phone and bank records will have been gone over.
Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Considering they do have the records it must not of given them any info.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Considering they do have the records it must not of given them any info.

How do we know they have all of their records? Subpoenas often take up to 6 weeks to be fulfilled. They may not have all the information they need. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens during the deposition.

How do we know they have all of their records? Subpoenas often take up to 6 weeks to be fulfilled. They may not have all the information they need. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens during the deposition.
If they don't have the records, IMO, not sure how effective the deposition will be....unless they are asking questions that do not have anything to do with the records.

Its a good question and I suspect there are little consequences to the parents. At this point, I don't think this is a criminal action. If they lied, perhaps it could be contempt of court or a later charge of interfering with custody? It may help the custody case of the father if they are later found to have assisted in Maddie voluntarily leaving.

Bump for Maddie and her baby boy. Still missing, where are you?

http://cantorcriminallawyers.com/miscellaneous-crimes/custodial-interference/

Found this article about AZ laws regarding custodial interference...looks like the courts go much easier on people who turn themselves in.

Custodial Interference
Arizona takes the health and welfare of its children seriously, and numerous laws have been enacted to protect the welfare of children. Among those laws is A.R.S. §13-1302, which prohibits Custodial Interference. Per Arizona law, this crime occurs when a person “[t]akes, entices or keeps from lawful custody any child, or any person who is incompetent” despite knowing or having reason to know that he or she has no legal authority to do so. This can apply to not only taking a child from his parents but from a teacher as well. A.R.S. §13-1302 may also apply where a person denies the other parent’s access to their child before entry of a custodial rights court order, or where one party to a joint custody order denies the other parent access to the child.
This law can apply no matter what the distance between the child and the denied parent — whether the interfering person is keeping the child across town or in a different state. In the case of children born outside of marriage where paternity has not yet been established, the mother is the legal custodian of the child, not the biological father. If your case involves family law issues that need to be addressed immediately, consult our companion family law firm, the Cantor Law Group, by clicking here.
Potential Punishments for Custodial Interference

Because this charge involves the safety of a child, the penalties are stiff. If the law is violated by a person who is not the parent or an agent of the child’s parent or custodian, custodial interference is charged as a class three (3) felony. The potential penalty for this charge is up to one (1) year in jail along with probation, or between two (2) years and eight years, nine months (8.75 years) in prison. Having one prior conviction increases the potential prison term to between three years, six months (3.5 years) and sixteen years, three months (16.25 years). Having two prior convictions increases the minimum prison sentence to seven years, six months (7.5 years) and the maximum sentence to twenty-five (25) years.
Where the interference is caused by a parent outside of the state, the charge is a class four (4) felony, and the potential punishment is probation with up to a year in jail, or between one (1) year and three years, nine months (3.75 years) in prison. Meanwhile, interference that occurs within Arizona but where the child is not returned before the defendant is arrested, the crime is charged as a class six (6) felony. This charge results in probation with up to one (1) year in jail or a prison term of between four (4) months to two (2) years. As with other felonies, prior convictions significantly increase the potential prison terms; a third conviction in a class four (4) felony case may result in a prison term of up to fifteen (15) years, while a third conviction in a class six (6) felony case may result in a prison term of up to five years, nine months (5.75 years).
If the interference occurs in Arizona and the child is returned, uninjured, before arrest, a class one (1) misdemeanor results. This exposes the defendant to up to six (6) months in jail with up to three (3) years of probation, along with fines of up to $2500.00 plus an 84% surcharge.

http://cantorcriminallawyers.com/miscellaneous-crimes/custodial-interference/

Found this article about AZ laws regarding custodial interference...looks like the courts go much easier on people who turn themselves in.

Custodial Interference
Custodial Interference Arizona takes the health and welfare of its children seriously, and numerous laws have been enacted to protect the welfare of children. Among those laws is A.R.S. §13-1302, which prohibits Custodial Interference. Per Arizona law, this crime occurs when a person “[t]akes, entices or keeps from lawful custody any child, or any person who is incompetent” despite knowing or having reason to know that he or she has no legal authority to do so. This can apply to not only taking a child from his parents but from a teacher as well. A.R.S. §13-1302 may also apply where a person denies the other parent’s access to their child before entry of a custodial rights court order, or where one party to a joint custody order denies the other parent access to the child.
This law can apply no matter what the distance between the child and the denied parent — whether the interfering person is keeping the child across town or in a different state. In the case of children born outside of marriage where paternity has not yet been established, the mother is the legal custodian of the child, not the biological father. If your case involves family law issues that need to be addressed immediately, consult our companion family law firm, the Cantor Law Group, by clicking here.
Potential Punishments for Custodial Interference

Because this charge involves the safety of a child, the penalties are stiff. If the law is violated by a person who is not the parent or an agent of the child’s parent or custodian, custodial interference is charged as a class three (3) felony. The potential penalty for this charge is up to one (1) year in jail along with probation, or between two (2) years and eight years, nine months (8.75 years) in prison. Having one prior conviction increases the potential prison term to between three years, six months (3.5 years) and sixteen years, three months (16.25 years). Having two prior convictions increases the minimum prison sentence to seven years, six months (7.5 years) and the maximum sentence to twenty-five (25) years.
Where the interference is caused by a parent outside of the state, the charge is a class four (4) felony, and the potential punishment is probation with up to a year in jail, or between one (1) year and three years, nine months (3.75 years) in prison. Meanwhile, interference that occurs within Arizona but where the child is not returned before the defendant is arrested, the crime is charged as a class six (6) felony. This charge results in probation with up to one (1) year in jail or a prison term of between four (4) months to two (2) years. As with other felonies, prior convictions significantly increase the potential prison terms; a third conviction in a class four (4) felony case may result in a prison term of up to fifteen (15) years, while a third conviction in a class six (6) felony case may result in a prison term of up to five years, nine months (5.75 years).
If the interference occurs in Arizona and the child is returned, uninjured, before arrest, a class one (1) misdemeanor results. This exposes the defendant to up to six (6) months in jail with up to three (3) years of probation, along with fines of up to $2500.00 plus an 84% surcharge.
So if Maddie is hiding with William, and doesn't surface before the law tracks her down, she can face jail time?

Wish Maddie could fully understand the importance of her coming home and making it easier on herself and her future!

Hoping that the deposition yesterday will lead to more answers and clues for those who are investigating her disappearance.

So if Maddie is hiding with William, and doesn't surface before the law tracks her down, she can face jail time?

Wish Maddie could fully understand the importance of her coming home and making it easier on herself and her future!

Hoping that the deposition yesterday will lead to more answers and clues for those who are investigating her disappearance.

Yes, she could go to prison or jail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, mom and baby William have been missing for nearly two months. IMO that's quite a feat; there's been no mention in msm about LE looking for a money trail from Maddie - which they very well may be tracking - and if they are and nothing's been found then what are they living on? Even as I ask I can see possible answers, like she left with a big wad of cash, so for now it still looks like she left voluntarily, either with help from her parents or not.

If her parents know something I sure hope they come clean. Life on the run is not healthy for a tiny baby. :(

And therein lies the reason she can't be found. I'm still for Maddie. The boy/man has no idea about taking care of a baby. Shane on him and especially shame on his mother.

I'm sorry, but what leads you to believe she has anymore of a clue to raising a child than Jacob does? She seems to be incredibly more immature than he does in creating lies to keep a rightful parent away from their child. She seems very unstable as well and may have very well essentially kidnapped her own child.

I've read all of your comments on this thread and this certainly isn't an attack. But it seems as though you have an incredible bias against men as parents. For every thousand awful fathers out there, there's an equal amount of awful mothers out there.

You bet your bottom dollar if the genders were reversed in this case, there would be a nationwide manhunt for the male who seemingly took their child and ran.

Either one of these young folks could be at fault on one matter or another. We don't know them personally or what has happened between them. But I think thus far the evidence shows that she is actively committing a crime while he simply wants the opportunity to be a father. At least in this specific case. And like I said. Who knows. He could end up being the dirtbag in this case.

Let's just hope they're both safe and brought home safely!

<modsnip>.* I'd look for extended family, as I don't think she's had experience living on her own.* Could she even be hiding in the basement or something?* People can be very strange.

Most 19 year olds are capable of doing what they want without their parents knowing about it....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back