GUILTY FL - Savannah Gold, 21, Jacksonville, 2 Aug 2017

Coincidence that her brand new tire was the one slashed? Do we know why they were replacing the old one? Is it possible that someone damaged that one, first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No phone pings at all ? If she was abducted I would bet that her abductor sent those texts. If so, he sounds immature, and with very little impulse control...Hoping that local LE will move lightening fast here. jmo

I honestly just added the link as it has her case # from LE on it- which we have to have on here. Her family got weird text messages as well
I dont think we need the case # if we have a msm link. I have only added a case # once because of no link. Possibly this was on the otber young lady missing. I have been reading to catch-up.

Regarding those text messages that I don't think got posted on here...I apologize if they have.

Her father later received a garbled text message from his daughter's phone saying Gold was leaving town, without disclosing where she was headed.

"hey i just eanted to tell you and mom i met a really great guy and were running away together i love him and were leaving to ight ill call you later when we get tk where we are glong," one garbled text said, according to the report.

Her brother also received a text message from the same phone about 6:10 p.m. that day.

"heyi quit im leavingwith my boyfriend i cant do this **** anymore im fine justwant to get away," the second text stated.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...s-in-jacksonville-womans-abrupt-disappearance

ETA Either someone else sent the text or she while possibly scared may have purposely made errors.

No phone pings at all ? If she was abducted I would bet that her abductor sent those texts. If so, he sounds immature, and with very little impulse control...Hoping that local LE will move lightening fast here. jmo

I keep hoping that maybe this is a jealous or regretful ex boyfriend that maybe was on some drug binge or something and did this on impulse.
I think it's very odd that texts would be sent to family members if this was an abduction and not a kidnapping.
I'm so worried about her. She was abducted mere steps from where I used to live. I know Mandarin had had some crime but I wouldn't have expected something like this in broad daylight.

I keep hoping that maybe this is a jealous or regretful ex boyfriend that maybe was on some drug binge or something and did this on impulse.
I think it's very odd that texts would be sent to family members if this was an abduction and not a kidnapping.
I'm so worried about her. She was abducted mere steps from where I used to live. I know Mandarin had had some crime but I wouldn't have expected something like this in broad daylight.

The texts would buy him time ( or so he likely thought). Broad daylight is kind of over the top, little or no implulse control. Cameras might tell the story, I hope...jmo

My thoughts and opinions:
I was thinking maybe the tire had a puncture and she drove over the same on her commute and picked up another nail but those photos show a pretty definitive side wall slash.

So you can't slash a tire while a vehicle is in motion that I'm aware of..so either the slash was there when she left home, seems she had a short commute based on times, and it went flat along her drive or someone slashed it after the fact. tire damage from the rim should be obvious if she drove on it flat. Why slash a tire after grabbing someone? If it was slashed while it was parked at home someone would have to know her shift otherwise it would be too flat to drive. Then that someone followed her to work and offered to help change the flat? It wasn't parked in the usual spot, was it parked nearer her commute route, like there it finally flattened so she decided to get out? I would leave my stuff in the car unlocked to get out and look at my tire. I would also grab my phone to call for help or AAA.

I would be curious if anyone else did not report for their shift that night? Or look at who had the night off. Anyone shown up with scratches they have tried to explain away? Doesn't seem random to me. The garbled text I don't think has any clues. The e is near the w and the "space" is near the n. Seems like someone with fat thumbs or in a hurry. I would think they would be able to pull the phones ping for the last text messages. 30 minutes is a long time and chances are she wasn't in that parking lot any longer.

Says her car was parked near an ATM, Do ATM cameras run constantly or only when activated? Motion sensors on them? I really have no clue how they work.

Praying she is found safe.

Edited to add I wonder if the tire the night before was the first attempt but she walked out at the end of her shift with someone or was on the phone. Where was the first flat discovered? Was her car fine when she parked it and someone was hoping to use the cover of darkness? Seems very stalkerish.

Does she always park in the same spot at home? Is there someone who parks near her who could walk by unnoticed and stick a knife in the side wall? 1" cut seems pretty standard for blade I would think but a standard knife stick would go flat pretty quick. Husband thinks if someone wasn't paying attention you could stick their tire at a stop sign. I find that hard to believe but he's been known to be right occasionally. Does she always stop some place for a red bull or something on her way to work?

Very good observations and analysis Tbone!

About the tire, my idea was, could it be she was taken while on route to work (maybe while stopping at a Stop sign or red light), forced into another car and a second perp drove her car to her workplace and slashed the tire to make it seem she was assaulted in the parking lot there?

Definitely feels like someone who knew her, possibly stalked her. This was planned imo.

Confusing and extremely worrying circumstances! I hope she is alright.

[There may be some truth to these BS texts -- she may have left with him, but it was because she was tricked into it, or against her will to be sure! But, I think if she was abducted, someone would have seen a scuffle -- unless she was chloroformed or rendered helpless in some way.]

Snipped for focus.

Great post.

I think it's a common misconception that there's a scuffle if someone is abducted. IMO, and experience, this is very often not the case. Many of us think we, or others would fight, kick, scream, etc. Victims often freeze and/or are coerced with a weapon or threat, and go without a fight. I don't know what happened here, but it's quite possible she was taken against her will, but there was little or no dramatic confrontation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Snipped for focus.

Great post.

I think it's a common misconception that there's a scuffle if someone is abducted. IMO, and experience, this is very often not the case. Many of us think we, or others would fight, kick, scream, etc. Victims often freeze and/or are coerced with a weapon or threat, and go without a fight. I don't know what happened here, but it's quite possible she was taken against her will, but there was little or no dramatic confrontation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was thinking that too. If the tire was fine when she left I would guess the same knife that popped the tire was used to subdue her. Maybe they did it for dramatic effect. Doesn't explain the unusual parking spot though. I would think she would park in the usual area. Like Elainera said they grabbed her and had someone else drive her car. Or they just walked a block or so out on her route at a stop sign and left their car near the eventual parking spot. Don't most cars have automatic door locks? I see the car is a Kia, not familiar with the bells and whistles on those.

Edited to add:

Maybe she got to work and it all happened as she was getting out of her car. Perp made her drive around to weird spot because that's where his/her car was parked. I always feel the most vulnerable getting in and out of my car. You are looking down either at the door handle or eyes are down looking to grab purse/phone/etc...

Just jumping off a thought from another poster... I wonder if Savannah was selling anything or had previously sold something from Craigslist or Facebook and met the possible abductor in the parking lot. Another poster mentioned that the parking lot has some vacant storefronts and that people meet to transfer items or goods in a public place. My only other thought, besides a stalker, is that Savannah may have tried to help someone and became an unwitting victim. Her parents describe her as a good Samaritan. I keep checking the news and can't sleep worrying. :(

Assuming she was abducted, how did her abductor know that her Mum and brother were the one's that would be worried about her? It makes me wonder whether the perpetrator knows her and maybe even her family. And also thinking, what makes you get out of your car, leaving your handbag but only taking your phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back